U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa
Orlando 45 80.36%
Jacksonville 4 7.14%
Tampa 7 12.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:47 PM

1,377 posts, read 3,651,716 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to see what city is most widely known or recognized nationally in people's opinions. Miami is not included since it would obviously win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 10:51 PM

3,732 posts, read 6,905,538 times
I voted for Orlando, EVERYONE knows about Disney World.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:12 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,084,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I voted for Orlando, EVERYONE knows about Disney World.
Yup, same reason I picked it. Universal Studios advertises it all the time too, and you always used to hear about Orlando on Nickelodeon when they still had a studio there.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:14 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,217,864 times
It's different for who you ask;

Businessmen would think of Jacksonville first.
Tourists, Children, etc would think of Orlando first.
And if Miami is excluded, then Fort Lauderdale gets recognition for beaches.

Leaving Tampa out by quite a lot.

But universally I think Orlando is the best known out of these three cities.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
Yup, same reason I picked it. Universal Studios advertises it all the time too, and you always used to hear about Orlando on Nickelodeon when they still had a studio there.
Exactly, Orlando is known in many other countries besides the US as well, my list would probably go like this:

1. Orlando
2. Tampa
3. Jacksonville

Old 05-13-2010, 11:32 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,452,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
It's different for who you ask;

Businessmen would think of Jacksonville first.
Tourists, Children, etc would think of Orlando first.
And if Miami is excluded, then Fort Lauderdale gets recognition for beaches.

Leaving Tampa out by quite a lot.

But universally I think Orlando is the best known out of these three cities.
Why would businessmen think of Jacksonville first? Both Tampa and Orlando are bigger centers for business than Jacksonville.

Anyways, I think Orlando is the obvious answer here. It's home to Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World. It's a mecca of tourism, and people from all over the world go to Orlando on vacations. After Orlando, I'd say Tampa. Tampa has the largest metro of the area, it has MLB, NFL, and NHL teams, and it's a pretty popular place for vacations. Although most people in the country know what Jacksonville is, a lot of people don't really know anything about the city.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp1188 View Post
Why would businessmen think of Jacksonville first? Both Tampa and Orlando are bigger centers for business than Jacksonville.

Anyways, I think Orlando is the obvious answer here. It's home to Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World. It's a mecca of tourism, and people from all over the world go to Orlando on vacations. After Orlando, I'd say Tampa. Tampa has the largest metro of the area, it has MLB, NFL, and NHL teams, and it's a pretty popular place for vacations. Although most people in the country know what Jacksonville is, a lot of people don't really know anything about the city.
I agree.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:36 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,217,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp1188 View Post

Because it's the most business friendly city out of them all.
It topped the post economic recession recovery cities list with like all the Texas cities, and San Francisco and DC.

Plus, all of my dads friends talk about how great the business climate in Jacksonville is.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 AM

4,186 posts, read 10,038,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Because it's the most business friendly city out of them all.
It topped the post economic recession recovery cities list with like all the Texas cities, and San Francisco and DC.

Plus, all of my dads friends talk about how great the business climate in Jacksonville is.
It may have a better business climate right now because it didn't boom nearly as much as tampa and Orlando did before the recession, but that doesn't mean it's more well known to business men. Tampa and orlando are still bigger business centers. And I think Orlando is the most well knowned out of the three, obviously because it's one of the largest tourist destinations in the world, it's one of the largest convention cities in the US only behind Chicago (for that reason alone i think orlando is better known by business men than Jacksonville) and it has the Magic NBA team which have been doing pretty well these past two years with Dwight Howard.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 AM

15,700 posts, read 18,270,982 times
Miami should have been included in the poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or