Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pick one
Southeast D.C. 23 56.10%
Brownsville 18 43.90%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:58 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
thats like 2 percent of the neighborhood, and even in the jewish parts their are certain blocks that look kind of scary, such as those buildings on carrol between albany and kingston. and the buildings on empire blvd.

Well there ya go, I don't know Brooklyn all that well, lol. I know Queens very well. I just know that there are some Jews in Crown heights, and the parts I've been to didn't seem so bad. I guess I was in the okay area.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,124 times
Look, I live in the projects, been here all my life and done that gang sh*t at one point, I don't know about anyone else but I'm not glorifying because my city doesn't have anything to prove when it come to crime, I made the thread just for the hell of it. It's the damn internet. Chill out.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 PM

West coast bloods and crips don't even claim anything on the east coast or anywhere else, just a bunch of posers lol.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:16 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
West coast bloods and crips don't even claim anything on the east coast or anywhere else, just a bunch of posers lol.
yes they do especially new jersey , new jersey has a whole bunch of real cali connected gangsters.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
yes they do especially new jersey , new jersey has a whole bunch of real cali connected gangsters.
Its funny because back in 08 a certain situation had went down and there was a beef blood vs. blood. lol. But hey I can't say too much.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Its funny because back in 08 a certain situation had went down and there was a beef blood vs. blood. lol. But hey I can't say too much.
well in cali i think crips kill more crips then actual bloods, that one thing i dont get about cali hoods. they set trip more then actual gang bang which is why i really dont get how their gang culture spread so quick and big. to me their gang culture looks retarded.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:59 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
It's hard to give a representation of a place over the internet, especially with youtube videos. The areas that don't have them have a disadvantage when it comes to this, but there are many of places near as bad, as bad, or worse than those places that you may have never even heard about.

Another thing is the actual crime stats themselves, my area has a big disadvantage, as the most dangerous areas don't report the numbers correctly, if at all. Cleveland misreported by 45 murders and regularly reports less of the other crime categories than the numbers they actually have, I have proof of this. Even with that Cleveland was rated as the 8th most dangerous in the country. Another is East Cleveland, a separate city which many of you probably haven't heard much about, this city regularly has a murder rate as high as Detroit, and would rival places like Camden and Chester PA in crime rate if the numbers were actually reported correctly. Youngstown also reports the other crime categories much lower than they actually are. Lorain, OH is a rough small city outside of Cleveland which shows near average crime stats, yet it's actually 2-3 times higher than average, I also have proof of this. Then there's Cleveland suburbs in the same situation. The odd thing is this is the only area of the country that I've seen that's AS corrupt with this as it is. I don't want it to be bad, but it's frustrating when the real numbers never come out and we never know what they actually are, let alone people outside the area.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
It's hard to give a representation of a place over the internet, especially with youtube videos. The areas that don't have them have a disadvantage when it comes to this, but there are many of places near as bad, as bad, or worse than those places that you may have never even heard about.

Another thing is the actual crime stats themselves, my area has a big disadvantage, as the most dangerous areas don't report the numbers correctly, if at all. Cleveland misreported by 45 murders and regularly reports less of the other crime categories than the numbers they actually have, I have proof of this. Even with that Cleveland was rated as the 8th most dangerous in the country. Another is East Cleveland, a separate city which many of you probably haven't heard much about, this city regularly has a murder rate as high as Detroit, and would rival places like Camden and Chester PA in crime rate if the numbers were actually reported correctly. Youngstown also reports the other crime categories much lower than they actually are. Lorain, OH is a rough small city outside of Cleveland which shows near average crime stats, yet it's actually 2-3 times higher than average, I also have proof of this. Then there's Cleveland suburbs in the same situation. The odd thing is this is the only area of the country that I've seen that's AS corrupt with this as it is. I don't want it to be bad, but it's frustrating when the real numbers never come out and we never know what they actually are, let alone people outside the area.
wow i thought east cleveland was part of cleveland.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:45 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times
Quote:
wow i thought east cleveland was part of cleveland.
Nope, EC is a suburb of Cleveland. My mom was born there in 1960. Back than it was mostly middle class whites and blacks. Now it is a high crime, high poverty area, and rundown. Its about 94% black and 5% white now. Alot of Clevelanders would like to see it be annexed by the city of Cleveland.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Look, I live in the projects, been here all my life and done that gang sh*t at one point, I don't know about anyone else but I'm not glorifying because my city doesn't have anything to prove when it come to crime, I made the thread just for the hell of it. It's the damn internet. Chill out.
On that note then - (sound of door closing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City