U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Best City in the Northeast of the USA?
Chicago,IL 26 15.03%
New York,NY 46 26.59%
Boston,MA 24 13.87%
Washington,DC 16 9.25%
Philadelphia,PA 27 15.61%
Baltimore,MD 4 2.31%
Cleveland,OH 4 2.31%
Pittsburgh,PA 3 1.73%
Detroit,MI 1 0.58%
St Louis,MO 3 1.73%
Minneapolis-St Paul,MN 6 3.47%
Columbus,OH 2 1.16%
Cincinnati,OH 2 1.16%
Buffalo,NY 1 0.58%
Richmond,VA 3 1.73%
Indianapolis,IN 3 1.73%
Milwaukee,WI 0 0%
Kansas City,KS 1 0.58%
Lincoln,NB 1 0.58%
Hartford,CT 0 0%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
 
Location: Long Beach
2,350 posts, read 2,385,117 times
Reputation: 904

Advertisements

This is the oddest list of Northeast cities ever. Seriously, Kansas City is somewhere between San Francisco and Timbuktu, isn't it? That and Chicago and the others ARE NOT in the Northeast.

Frankly, it's a little insulting to put Nebraska and New England in the same list.

Northeast=New England, New York, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2010, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Cleveland
3,070 posts, read 10,577,074 times
Reputation: 954
Is Chicago actually beating NY in a poll?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Jersey Boy living in Florida
3,732 posts, read 6,983,678 times
Reputation: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
Is Chicago actually beating NY in a poll?
Yeah, but polls aren't always accurate, don't get me wrong Chicago is an awesome city. I think the only reason Chicago is beating New York is because there are more voters representing Chi than NY. Thats how most polls are, not always accurate, just showing how many people are represented for each city, because you know everyone is going to be biased and vote for their city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 03:35 PM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
16,226 posts, read 18,786,054 times
Reputation: 11737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
Is Chicago actually beating NY in a poll?
Some Chicago booster probably has multiple accounts. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Cleveland
3,070 posts, read 10,577,074 times
Reputation: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Some Chicago booster probably has multiple accounts. LOL.
LOL it's funny you say that, I've seen that happen a lot of times here.

There was one poll here a while ago I remember because people were talking about it. I forgot what it was actually about but one day Boston was near the lead at around 11 votes, and the next day it had nearly 60 votes while the rest barely got any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 12,456,821 times
Reputation: 4047
I don't think it's because some Chicago boaster has multiple accounts, if that were the case Chicago would have one hell of a larger lead than NYC.

I think the real reason is because people view these votes in a more comical sense, they're probably voting for Chicago for fun because of the title of the thread.

And it's what clean polo said, polls on City Data mean nothing. I have seen a thread where NYC actually lost to Baltimore on "best sports".

I have done a thread comparing Dallas and Atlanta before and jokingly I put Miami in the poll for fun, and it turns out that Miami got quite a lot of votes when it had nothing to do with the thread itself at all.

That indicates to me at least that polls here on City Data are nothing but pure comedy. They're just there for fun, so don't take it so harsh when your city is losing a poll.

Anyways to get back on topic, which one do you guys think is more important for the Northeast? DC or NYC? I'm torn between the two, based on importance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Jersey Boy living in Florida
3,732 posts, read 6,983,678 times
Reputation: 835
Like OmShahi said, it pretty much is between DC and NY. New York is important because of entertainment and media, the stock exchange, wall street, banking, fashion etc. and DC is important because of the president and politics, military etc. thats a tough one. Overall I personally love New York, and DC is cool but I just think New York is the better city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 07:48 AM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
16,226 posts, read 18,786,054 times
Reputation: 11737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Anyways to get back on topic, which one do you guys think is more important for the Northeast? DC or NYC? I'm torn between the two, based on importance.
NYC is absolutely the big enchilada of the Northeast. As important as D.C. and the other major cities are to the region, they don't compare with the monstrous magnitude of NYC.

Having said that, there are a number of distinct advantages to living in D.C. over NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:45 PM
 
1,083 posts, read 1,889,438 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
This has been done a million times on here.
So true.
My answer will always be Baltimore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:57 PM
 
353 posts, read 700,753 times
Reputation: 108
^^why Baltimore? i heard someone say that all there is to do in Baltimore is smoke blunts =/ lol
I have a friend in the marines though that told me its a pretty cool place but a bit on the ghetto side...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top