U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-17-2010, 12:40 AM

1,771 posts, read 1,771,119 times
yankee might be my new favorite poster on this site.. his/her sh*t talking is EPIC

Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,062,749 times
Yankee, you're running out of buildings that you think is pretty in your mind. Please, don't show me the Hudson towers, Westside residential towers tract and any other towers because they're all the same old New York's style which is so bland and ugly. I like new Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, San Jose and Portland residential tower designs. It's breath of fresh air and appealing to the eyes, not blinding it. I don't like New York residential towers at all, and I'm not a fan of it. As for offices, it's better because I like the Cond'e Naste and new World Trade 7 new building going up by early 2014.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:51 AM

151 posts, read 153,303 times
Durf, shut up. I was finished with you like yesterday. You are of no interest to me anymore. I'm done bickering with someone who's clearly "special needs", it just doesn't feel right anymore.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 AM

818 posts, read 377,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
Yankee, you're running out of buildings that you think is pretty in your mind.
You're so right. NYC is running out of towers it can use to show itself, jeez, 6,400 towers and NYC still hasn't won durfy's approval yet.

How about these durfy

durfy tell me something, what do you get out of your anti-NYC rants? Do you really think anyone gives San Jose a second thought after you bash NYC? LOL

Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 AM

624 posts, read 639,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
You're so right. NYC is running out of towers it can use to show itself, jeez, 6,400 towers and NYC still hasn't won durfy's approval yet.

How about these durfy

durfy tell me something, what do you get out of your anti-NYC rants? Do you really think anyone gives San Jose a second thought after you bash NYC? LOL
New York has some of the best architecture outside of Europe, I especially love the density that can be seen in aerials, eventhough there might be more dense cities in this world but none have the quality of craftsmanship that went into NY buildings, that is what sets this place apart from others IMO. I just hope that with all these new buildings going up in NY that old buildings are not being razed, because that would be criminal.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:17 AM

818 posts, read 377,963 times
And another thing, all you NYC haters need to visit NYC before shooting your mouths. NYC's buildings ugly? LOL!!

durf, rodebud17, the troll accounts, and other NYC haters (especially those from SF Bay) its clear to me you get a hard on for NYC. But hey who wouldn't? We're talking about the greatest city in the country (bar none). Enjoy getting off to NYC in pictures before bedtime, here's another set you can print out and put in your wallet

Old 12-17-2010, 01:31 AM

Yankee, you know why you're done? It's because you ran out of any buildings that you think would impress me but failed miserably, and I'm so sick of tired of your stupid, ugly thin glass, ugly concrete, ugly red granite buildings. It makes me sick to my head by looking at those uninteresting bland buildings. You never once post the picture of Axis condo in Downtown SJ because it's so damn beautiful that New Yorkers can't come up with. You ran out of amunitions, and you're wasting my time! Get off the New York's shorty hat and move on because you're just a lost cause with no interesting facts about New York that I don't know. New York bragging is giving me headace! San Jose destroys New York! I'm done making my case and I rest my case, so move on! Get a life, bro!

Old 12-17-2010, 01:44 AM

Infamous Past, the ugly, spegetti skyline is making sick because there's no substance to it. I like Chicago's skyline much better. When they finish the World 7 tower, then we'll have something to show off. Right now, the skyline is nothing special with lots of bland, generic towers. As for the tippy Bank of America tower in Times Sq., I'm disappointed with its design because I love beautiful buildings that appeal to the eyes. However, I like the top of the Bank of America building because of its spire, but the rest of building features are bland and kind of boxy. I'm sorry, other cities have more interesting architectures than New York. For some reasons, they can't think outside the box, and I'm just a messager and a tourist. The Rockenfeller tower and other old towers are absolete to my eyes. I don't know, it may just be me and my friends. I'm not impressed, and I have a headace from looking at those usual, bland towers in New York. I need to breathe.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:49 AM

96 posts, read 96,464 times
To

infamous past

and the rest of you

You see if anyone on here is reading this it is exactly what I am talking about in his last post he mentioned my name along with durfs name because he could not help himself. When I have not even written anything towards new York city for over four hours now and i was done with it you can even tell by my last post and he had to go back into it. You see what I am talking about. In my last post if you people will be so kind to go back into it please read carefully I never said one thing rude or nasty about new York like I had been doing I drew the line and moved on I said I respected new Yorkers but I said the world today has different points of views on many different cities and where people want to travel instead of new York city to have much more fun and enjoy theme selves.

This is exactly why people on these boards will not let up even after they think the bad guy has left in terms of them thinking they are hating on there city so I hope everyone sees this now. In once again I have not even written anything for over four hours but still it comes back to haunt you because certain people cannot let things go you get fed up and over a thread once you decide to make amends and for there sake play nice and say you respect there city but it is not for you or about a million other people thane they have to go back into it to prove a point and use your name.

Seriously though to anyone please read my last post in read it carefully.

I am done with this it is stupid beyond words to keep debating over this every single city stands out on its own now days with hundreds of different things to do. Which makes each city its own number one for many reasons.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Last edited by rosebud17; 12-17-2010 at 02:57 AM..

Old 12-17-2010, 01:53 AM

Infamous Past, I visited New York last summer. Haven't you been reading my previous posts? I know New York thoroughly inside-out. I've been going there for different reasons from time to time since the 70's. I've been to all the different boroughs, good and bad sections, too. We don't want to beat the dead horse anymore, Infamous Past and Yankee. I'm ready to move on. You guys can't convince me that New York is all that. It's just another city with strong points and weak points. That's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.