Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 08:25 AM

27,217 posts, read 28,295,642 times

Advertisements

Considering how awfully the greatest city in the world got trashed in this thread, people should no longer react so uptightly when something negative is said about their own city or region.

Learn to take such comments with a huge grain of salt. ;-)

Old 12-18-2010, 09:04 AM

151 posts, read 298,979 times
Clearly out of jealousy. The two NYC "bashers" on this site are unfortunately letting their rabid and quite disturbing end-stage NYC envy disease clout their judgement. This disease has clearly spread to the brain tissue because San Jose now has better architecture than NYC and Chincinati has a better Downtown that Manhattan. LOL, this entire thing is just spinning out of control.

"Basher 1", Rosebud. According to its profile, 90% of its posts are about NYC, many of which are in the NYC forum itself. I find the fact that its sole existence is NYC very flattering. And to be completely honest, I've never read a single one of its posts. I've attempted read 1/3rd of it once and... WTF?

"Basher" #2, durf. This one is clearly "special". Nobody at his advanced age (60+ I'm guessing since he "partied" at Studio 54 in 1970) should come off as so.....um, uninformed. And I feel terribly for picking on someone who clearly shows signs of demetia.

I would actually like a legitimate poster to come in an attempt to bash NYC, preferably one with a post-elementary school grasp on the English language and grammar.

Last edited by Yankee.; 12-18-2010 at 09:15 AM..

Old 12-18-2010, 09:05 AM

818 posts, read 1,379,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
nycricanpapi and Infamous Past, New York, plainly simple is a dump with truck driver puking and homeless women taking a sh*t out in the open on 21st.

New York has garbage bags piling up 5 ft high every evening. No wonder why I call this city a garbage dump. That something NY can brag about having that other cities don't. I didn't know that I had to be this butally honest to get my point across. I'm very blunt this time. Cr*p on, New York.
You have some major issues you realize that? I got to the point where I thought you were just either stupid or trolling for fun because you don't have anything better to do with your life than trashing NYC.

But now that I can see that you're serious about this, it makes it that much more disgusting that someone has the nerve to trash NYC and at the same time boost some podunk like San Jose. You're a disgusting guy mentally, with some disgusting train of thoughts.

Next time you think of being "brutally honest" do yourself a favor and don't. You come off as a clown. Do us all a favor and join the circus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterday9 View Post
You guys do realize that ignorant douchebags like NYCmami and kony are to blame for responses like the one you quoted.

They were getting completely owned by everyone else on the thread and then started insulting people.

Like many others, **** NYC and the crackhead posters on this thread from NYC.

NYC will continue to be Cali's little ***** and we love that because it brings out little boy haters like those other 2 idiots
You silly little troll. California doesn't run anything in this country that NYC doesn't. What is California running over NYC? Besides its big mouth (you)?

The almighty state of California has 39 million and $1.8 trillion GDP, poor podunk NYC with only 22 million and a mere puny $1.4 trillion. Oh heavens, how ever will we compare to the big and mighty that is California?

Oh yeah that's right, because we run the finance in this country, we run everything. California can feel good all day long for having a larger GDP than NYC, they can get off to that idea. But the reality is that NYC is a city and California is a state, and that too the most populated state in our country.

Get new material troll.

Last edited by Infamous Past; 12-18-2010 at 09:19 AM..

Old 12-18-2010, 09:25 AM

818 posts, read 1,379,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud17 View Post
To

infamous past

and the rest of you

You see if anyone on here is reading this it is exactly what I am talking about in his last post he mentioned my name along with durfs name because he could not help himself. When I have not even written anything towards new York city for over four hours now and i was done with it you can even tell by my last post and he had to go back into it.
On the last few pages go and look at the timing for your posts and durf's posts and then come back to tell me that it's not just mere coincidence that you both post in sync timing.

The same broken English, same hatred for all things NYC, and same clueless one jabber posts is really revealing your true colors rosebud. I am convinced you and durf are one in the same. Go ahead and deny it, see if anyone cares. The point is we have a couple of clowns who are NYC obsessed to no limits and no bounds. You'll stop at nothing to shoot NYC down to your level.

I'm done entertaining you clowns, your posts wont be responded to with sarcasm and jokes any longer. Someone really needs to put you trolls in your appropriate places and that would be 5 feet tall trash bins, where you belong.

Last edited by Infamous Past; 12-18-2010 at 09:40 AM..

Old 12-18-2010, 09:46 AM

9,096 posts, read 13,104,976 times
This thread has been ruined.

And you know why it has been ruined? Its not just the trolls trying to turn it into a anti-NY thread but because of comments like this:

"NYC is the greatest city in the world" and "we are the best".

I am a ex-New Yorker and still live nearby but even I cannot stand the bragging anymore. Unless you are 400 years old and named Peter Stuyvestant, YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR NYC BEING THE WAY IT IS. You did not personally build the Empire State Building or the Brooklyn Bridge. Stop the bragging and showing off and most of the trolls attacking NYC will fly elsewhere.

SO instead of "NYC is the greatest city in the world" and "we are the best", say:

"NYC is ONE of the greatest cities in the world". Notice how the addition of just the word "one" make the statement alot more reasonable and I believe most people here on CD will agree with you.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:05 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterday9 View Post
You guys do realize that ignorant douchebags like NYCmami and kony are to blame for responses like the one you quoted.

They were getting completely owned by everyone else on the thread and then started insulting people.

Like many others, **** NYC and the crackhead posters on this thread from NYC.

NYC will continue to be Cali's little ***** and we love that because it brings out little boy haters like those other 2 idiots
NYCmami? hahaha you are a clown. You are hating on NYC because NYC is the best. But I do not blame you because people wish they had a city like ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
nycricanpapi and Infamous Past, New York, plainly simple is a dump with truck driver puking and homeless women taking a sh*t out in the open on 21st. in Manhattan. Manhattan is fece capital of the america, yuck! New York City is garbage! Oh, the skyline of yours is an ugly patch work of dirty spegetti. New York has no taste once so over. The whole city is a sewer! The Hudson river is a toxic dump. I have pist on the water just north of Manhattan, so no wonder why the pizza taste funny and New Yorkers like it. When there's an argument, the New Yorkers settle the dispute with nifes right on the subway and kill each other in an instance. Way to go New Yorkers, which you put your lives on the ballot.

Seattle and Chicago have a decent skyline with grace, while New York is an ugly mumbo-jumbo, anything goes. Even San Jose has a prettier, colorful skyline with hills in the backdrop. Compare it with a mediocre one in Lower Manhattan. You got a huge hole in the middle ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! New York skyline reminds me of Omaha, Neb.. What a joke. New York is an embarrassment to the U.S.. LA, SF and Chicago are more of a role model for the U.S.. New York has garbage bags piling up 5 ft high every evening. No wonder why I call this city a garbage dump. That something NY can brag about having that other cities don't. I didn't know that I had to be this butally honest to get my point across. I'm very blunt this time. Cr*p on, New York.
Then why do we still get a lot of tourists pal? Why are we the most populated city in the whole USA? If NYC was a dump nobody will come to NYC. Many people have been coming since the establishment of the colonies in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post

And you know why it has been ruined? Its not just the trolls trying to turn it into a anti-NY thread but because of comments like this:

I am a ex-New Yorker and still live nearby but even I cannot stand the bragging anymore. Unless you are 400 years old and named Peter Stuyvestant, YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR NYC BEING THE WAY IT IS. You did not personally build the Empire State Building or the Brooklyn Bridge. Stop the bragging and showing off and most of the trolls attacking NYC will fly elsewhere.

SO instead of "NYC is the greatest city in the world" and "we are the best", say:

"NYC is ONE of the greatest cities in the world". Notice how the addition of just the word "one" make the statement alot more reasonable and I believe most people here on CD will agree with you.
Hey, hey you are supposed to be on our side NYer . But the fact is that we did not ruin this thread. The haters ruined it.. If you look back to where it started the thread. People said that in NYC you cannot get close to the nature, and SoBro guy stated that yes in NYC we can get close to our nature for various reasons.. and this hater below comes in and says...... So do not blame it on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
LOL, 2700 acres is now "nature". I guess that can only be by NYC standards.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:28 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,284,505 times
Quote:

BRAVO! Once again, the voice of reason.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:32 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,284,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Hey, hey you are supposed to be on our side NYer . But the fact is that we did not ruin this thread. The haters ruined it.. If you look back to where it started the thread. People said that in NYC you cannot get close to the nature, and SoBro guy stated that yes in NYC we can get close to our nature for various reasons.. and this hater below comes in and says...... So do not blame it on us.
I've got news for you, pal.

LINative is one of the classiest, level headed people on this forum, and always has been.

On the other hand, you come across as the biggest example of a mindless homer imaginable. Get a clue.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:34 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,240,568 times
Quote:

I really wish there was a way I could favorite this post.

I feel the EXACT same way, I definitely cosign this post , although I do feel that some of the hate is unwarranted.

I can't rep you at the moment since I have to spread it around.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:13 PM

96 posts, read 191,805 times
To

yankee

and the rest of you Regardless of who they are and where there from.

You see perfect example set twice now for that matter he could also not help himself if you go to any of my post or even see on this one besides making a point a day ago that infamous past had to strike back and use my name in self defense to prove a point about all of this whole nyc bashing when I have not even written anything on any post negative about ncy for two days now up until this.

Yankee please read:

You see this is the problem if a poster backs off and sais he actually respects your city to a certain degree but admits the hard facts of life that many people now days don’t care for new York which is true and stops posting on here and does not write anything towards new York. Why do you insist on using the posters name on here when they have not written anything for two days negative but said they respected your city in that it was not for theme and told you guys the truth that it is not for alot of Americans millions for that matter.

When a poster backs off for two days i think you know he is not coming back which i was not i dont care for this thread anymore it is pathetic it is a winning argument on both sides. Not everyone on every post can be considered or labeled as a nyc hater for admitting facts of what other cities have on nyc that make it possibly look bad in certain areas.

Can everyone on here do like a meditation kind of thing and come to terms other than the people who already know. New York is a city now days only good for certain amounts of things to which not everyone cares for.

Why do you new York posters on here insist on using someone’s post name again to make a point between you and another person who agrees with you to make yourselves feel good about gaining something on your city you more or less lost decades ago you just do not see it. If I have backed off now for almost two days and I was done and never said anything negative about new York and said in my last main post I respected new yorkers and moved on why do you have to keep using my name to others on here who might read this thread. I have left and moved on please do so also.

This thread is very old.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Last edited by rosebud17; 12-18-2010 at 02:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City