Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 05:37 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,163,907 times

Advertisements

New York the fashion capital of the U.S. is only because New York got so many low class garment shops, so it's easy to do fashion, and that's about it. LA is becoming the fashion capital of the U.S.. So, stop ramming New York down my a*s. It's like them rubbing Peoria down on us. New York is not great at all. It's not even the top 10 desirable cities. On many best city lists, New York comes at the bottom. So, get this New Yo*k cr*p off my hive. I'm having a fever due to it.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:31 PM

Give it up, Nycricanpapi, infamousPast and others. You can't even pay me 1 billion dollars to like New York or think New York is the best city in the U.S. You should be at mental ward for thinking that. That's crazy and absurb. That's so ridiculous and nonesense to think New York is all that. Oh, Springfield, Ill is all that? You see how you sound. New York is not that good.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:59 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,066,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
InfamousPast, the reason I put downtown New York, because I so serious and honest. New York is a joke. New York is boring and nothing to show for. It's overrated, too bad. The whole city is a circus!
Quote:
San Jose clearly has better architecture and taste than Manhattan. Manhattan is one big garbage can! The city smells awful. You can do anything you do in Manhattan in 7 block area of downtown San Jose. Dt San Jose can singlehandedly take on Manhattan beat the cr*p out of it. Downtown San Jose is cleaner, safer, better planned and more walkable than Manhattan with everything so close. Manhattan, you have to take the train to all different functions while San Jose is all in 7 block area. The weather is San Jose is better than the frozen Manhattan. You New Yorkers are mental stress cases. New York is the not best in the world. That's the case for mental institute. Chicago, LA, Seattle and Las Vegas are better than New York. There's nothing for us in New York.

Wow nyers are actually arguing with these two. They're clearly trolls. LOL I gave up a long time ago. Just look at the bolded, straight troll status

[quote=MikeandIke27;17053571]

I have found other countries to be alot more interesting Culturally than NYC. I may feel NYC is dull based of my opinions and experiences[/b]/QUOTE]

Mike you already exposed yourself as a troll with the 9/11 thing. I said that already

Or maybe your not a troll u just have troll tendencies. Like in the bolded. NYC is dull to no one. Period. Nyc is alot of things,dull is not one of them. To anyone that is not a complete idiot or a hater that is

Old 12-18-2010, 09:00 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,452,459 times
Y'all are still doing this?

I guess if I was to try for serious again I could try to, I hope neutrally ask, if NYC has any

Navajo - I did find the Code Talkers marched in NYC on Veteran's Day, and were honored there, but I don't know if many or any Navajo live in the city.

FoxNews.com - Navajo Code Talkers to Walk in NYC Veterans Day Parade

Russian Old Believers or "Old Orthodox Christians" - Some small cities in Oregon I think have them as does Erie, Pennsylvania

Church of the Nativity

Because if it's just about whether NYC is better or worse than some California city, or any city, than blech.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 12-18-2010 at 09:09 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 PM

K.O.N.Y, New York City can be very, very dull and boring if spent more than 2 days. It has always been like that, especially on weekends. DON'T ever go there on Sunday when it's overcast, it's soooo boring and depressing. I mean it with all my heart and soul!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 PM

nycricanpapi, New York the best city? Joke on you ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! New York is more bordering as the worst city around.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:46 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,247,246 times
BYE!! NYC is so boring yet it keeps you very entertained from what I see, trolls.

I'm off this thread and I advise everyone to ignore them too, a legitimate thread is just gonna get locked.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:51 PM

2,124 posts, read 4,480,881 times
Quote:
K.O.N.Y, New York City can be very, very dull and boring if spent more than 2 days. It has always been like that, especially on weekends. DON'T ever go there on Sunday when it's overcast, it's soooo boring and depressing. I mean it with all my heart and soul!
There's a lot of things to do on any day of the week in the city- even Sundays. You could see a Broadway matinee. Go to any of the major flagship department stores. Or find a festival or market. Explore different neighborhoods. Go to a restaurant. Go to any park. Or zoo. Or museum. Etc. If you're finding NYC to be dull and boring... I'm afraid the fault lies in you, not the city.

That being said, NYC doesn't have everything and it's not for everyone. There's a whole big Earth and billions of people choose not to live in NYC. But to deny that it's one of the most powerful, influential, vibrant, exciting cities in the world is ridiculous.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:03 AM

48 posts, read 108,649 times
I can't believe most of you keep going back and forth between these trolls. SERIOUSLY??

-I'm originally from NY, and yes, I admit we do have this "I'm better than you attitude". New yorkers, can we please learn to have a sense of modesty, not the mentality that NYC is the center of the universe? Were only making a bad name for ourselves

-Whoever it is mentioning San Jose, I've never been there or even heard of it until this post, if you love it so much FINE. Enjoy it, why don't gyou go downtown enjoy what it has to offer instead of staying on an online forum. I'm sorry but when you said "NY has nothing to show for it", that is just false. All of your other statements were opinion that I can respect, but saying NY has nothing to show for it (I could write a whole list of attractions and fun things to do, ask me if you want me to write it out, and also keep in mind there's opportunity) is a big lie.

-CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC. I ACTUALLY WAS ENJOYING IT SINCE I FOUND OUT DIFFERENT THINGS ABOUT NYC THAT PEOPLE POSTED TO REFUTE OTHER POSTERS STATEMENTS

And LInative, the person who posted one of the most civilized and best posts in this thread in a while, thank you for having some sense

Old 12-19-2010, 12:19 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,291,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Why are you insulting him for loving his city? You have the same feelings towards your city you know, I've been told they call you "Captain Atlanta" because you come to Atlanta's rescue against bashers like some superhero or something like that. I always see people from Atlanta take pride in being the NYC of the South. When you insult NYC, you're insulting yourself first, look at your city and what it takes pride in.
I'm not insulting him, I'm calling him out. He simply isn't qualified to make the broad, sweeping statements he does. When he's more well traveled, it MAY be a different story. In my opinion, he is THE ultimate homer on this site.

And just so you know, NOBODY here claims that this is the New York of the South. That is an outsider term. If anyplace is the New York of the South, it's Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City