Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 12:29 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,245,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
It's called PRIDE. It shows an inferiority complex of other places in the country who slam NYC. And also responding to threads that they have no useful opinion of, since they have never been there. So, please leave this thread open to people who have actually visited here
This sticks out to me the most, lately there have been many people slamming NY on this site. Then when we defend it it's boasting and a superiority complex. I haven't had to defend NY or NJ in a while here.

Now I admit there are a couple of NYers on here that are a bit ridiculous but it's not just NY.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:48 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,594,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
This sticks out to me the most, lately there have been many people slamming NY on this site. Then when we defend it it's boasting and a superiority complex. I haven't had to defend NY or NJ in a while here.

Now I admit there are a couple of NYers on here that are a bit ridiculous but it's not just NY.

Yes. Luckily it doesn't happen that much in real life. The few Florida natives I have met while down here don't really say anything bad about NY or anywhere else. People in real life don't normally say the things you find them saying on here.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:45 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,330,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
NYC doesn't have a Walmart parking lot for young people to hangout in late at night. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see this in a few locations over the years in small town America.
lol it will soon lol, they are planning to make a walkmart ine ast new york brooklyn lol.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:50 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,245,100 times
Quote:
Yes. Luckily it doesn't happen that much in real life. The few Florida natives I have met while down here don't really say anything bad about NY or anywhere else. People in real life don't normally say the things you find them saying on here.
I completely agree.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:35 PM

6,514 posts, read 8,386,968 times
Default lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
both are garbage but at least sonic has decent drinks.

cici's is absolute unadulterated pure trash. i wouldn't even feed it to a stray dog.

you get what you pay for.
actually visit ny so you can see how wrong you are about us being rude.
depends on the area, but yes, parts of nyc are very crowded.
pollution isn't that big of a deal. strives have been made to clean up the pollution. any major city deals with it and is trying to fix the issue.
nyc is very clean for a city this large.
large percentage of the population who travel. you have never stepped foot in ny in your life. stop believing what you heard.

in a city full of immigrants and sons/daughters of immigrants, no one travels?

lol @ that foolishness. turn off the tv.

nyc off the top has:

hawks
eagles
swans
ducks
squirrels
etc.

i'd look it up but i don't feel like it. google it.
I actually like Cici's pizza, lol ...

Old 05-29-2010, 08:16 PM

12,385 posts, read 28,380,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
I actually like Cici's pizza, lol ...
I heard there was a law suit against Cici's for actually calling it pizza, if there isn't, there should be one.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:01 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,722,279 times
Quote:
It's called PRIDE. It shows an inferiority complex of other places in the country who slam NYC. And also responding to threads that they have no useful opinion of, since they have never been there. So, please leave this thread open to people who have actually visited here
I do have a useful opinion on the argument at hand because I have encountered many NYers in my life, both in real life and on this site, who act as what I described. And unless you are a mod, you can't tell me where I can and cannot post.

P.S. Isn't it funny how you haven't posted since Feb 28, and when Rachael84 gets banned, you start posting again right after?

Old 05-29-2010, 11:48 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,802,913 times
just so many of you realize, the notion that some new yorkers are arrogant and have a superiority complex does not just come from these forums, but in real life as well. hell, all anyone has to do is read an NY daily news interest article to see how annoying some of the locals can be lol

new yorkers most definitely have the right to defend themselves and their city against false statements, but you guys aren't fooling anyone by acting like NYers never start any of the trouble

Old 05-30-2010, 12:33 AM

20,500 posts, read 33,311,608 times
^^ to be fair though. the coolest people and most down to earth people I've ever had a conversation with came from New Yorkers. There are times where I'd rather deal with New Yorkers than Southerners. At least NYers don't beat around the bush and they tell you how they feel right then and there unlike Southerners who are nice to you in your face but talk about you when you are gone.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:18 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,470,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
new yorkers most definitely have the right to defend themselves and their city against false statements, but you guys aren't fooling anyone by acting like NYers never start any of the trouble
Thanks for this posting. But I must say, many New Yorkers are perfectly capable of recognizing pointless ranting and raving when it's being directed at us. Half the time it's born out of jealousy, and the rest of the time out of misguided opinions or rumors.

That's why there aren't rooms full of New Yorkers defending our city in this thread; we don't have to get into arguments with those types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City