Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 10:03 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,245,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
NYC bugs cannot compare to the FL bugs. Florida is known to be extremely buggy with misquitos galore and red ants.
It's the same exact bug though.

I've never been bitten by a mosquito in Florida but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch this go around.

I heard about those Red Ants, I never saw one with my own eyes and I don't want to.

Also a few years ago I heard on the news about some poisonous Spider that stays hidden under toilet seats, I always check whenever I'm in Florida but luckily I've never seen one. I hate Spiders, anywhere.

A Wasp was flying around me a few days ago, I HATE those things.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 PM

648 posts, read 1,611,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
But, somebody did post some pics of parts of NYC that 'didn't look like NYC' and I was actually pretty amazed. It was like swampland or something, no skyline.
We know NYC's natural beauty sucks compared to most cities. There are a few hilly forested paths in the northern parts of the city and some nice views of the ocean on Staten Island other than that I really do not see why anybody would go to a CITY for their fix of nature in the first place. NYC is not there to be a freaking wildlife refuge. It would be a lot less funny if someone not from a city in the middle of a prairie disrespected NYC's natural beauty though.

However I think we can all agree that NYC metro kicks the "feces" out of anything in metro Minneapolis.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 PM

151 posts, read 299,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
Natural Beauty.

edit: I understand that NYC probably does have some natural beauty, but nothing impressive. I never understood the appeal of Central Park, and the Hudson and East might as well be sespools of human decay, oh wait they are.

Rachel84, I know you're going to post some generic pictures of the bluffs from the 'Jersey side' and some other lame Long Island 'beautiful pictures'...

But, nYc just does not have natural beauty. Not many trees, no rolling hills, no mountains, no cool river.... When I think of natural beauty I think of Seattle with Raineer and LA with their mountains, and at least palm trees. Even Chicago's lake looks more appealing than NYCs ocean.
Right. New York City is a city. Most relevant city-limits have non-existent "natural beauty" in general (Minneapolis isn't a relevant city, so I don't know (nor do I care) what it does and doesn't have)).

Manhattan's rugged terrain was leveled to make way for its transformation into a real city (you know, like London, Paris, Tokyo...all nature-less city limits). People in NYC have better things to do than hug trees...they can do that in Connecticut, or Westchester/Rockland County or The Hamptons or The Poconos.

The New York City area has gorgeous natural beauty.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:06 PM

24 posts, read 42,769 times
WOW Gorgeous pics!!

Man I love NYC!!!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:07 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,289,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Most not very far away and still commute there. So, by that you can say they "move away."
Wrong again.

The LARGE majority move South, followed by the West. And it's been going on now for decades.

These are documented and verifiable facts.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:16 PM

5,490 posts, read 13,863,900 times
To yankee:

Those are some great pics of NYC! I know where you took some of the pictures.

NYC has some great photo taking opportunities and can be photogenic. Thankfully, this is true about plenty of other places as well.

I have a collection of photos I love of New York City, Seattle Washington, The Pacific Northwest, and California. New York state, Washington state, and California are tied for my favorite states in the USA.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:33 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,693,957 times
haha. exactly. anyone can play the game of looking for trash anywhere.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:33 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,131,349 times
lol wtf? it doesn't look like that at all. In fact it's one of the cleaniest cities in the country.

Those photos are a disgrace and are far from the truth.

My point was NYC isn't perfect like New Yorkers think. it's got problems

Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 PM

151 posts, read 299,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
lol wtf? it doesn't look like that at all. In fact it's one of the cleaniest cities in the country.

50 Cleanest (Dirtiest) Cities in America | Your America | Reader's Digest

Those photos are a disgrace and are far from the truth.
Pictures do not lie. Those photos are of San Diego.

New York City (like nearly all world cities) is not exactly pristine. Such is the case with millions of people jammed packed into small spaces. New York City has pristine neighborhoods, but i'm not sure any sane person would expect the entire city to be sparkling.

San Diego on the other hand....a very small, unimportant, suburban and provincial city. San Diegans don't live particularly busy lives, or have serious careers, so the least they could do is clean up the filth from the beach when they're done hanging with the (ageing Abercrombie & Fitch wearing) "bros". The trash on those beaches remind me of the beaches I've seen in third world countries. My God.

Is it really asking too much?

Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,131,349 times
LOl! I found the site you took these pics from!

"trash on beach washed onto beach by a storm. Originated in Tijuana"

and those other pictures are from tijuana! Nice try!

So yeah it is San diego but the caption clearly states that it was washed up by a storm that brought it from tijuana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City