Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa87 View Post
I live in California... why would I be jealous

Have no desire to live in NY because of ignorant people like you Rachael
o yea like cali doesnt share the "ignorance
title

that line " i live in cali - why would i be jealous" just shows where some of the ignorance in cali is

Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
people from the south or people who share their viewpoints claim that if someplace was truly better then people would be flocking their.

well you lost a lot of credit for that stupid line , now you look just as dumb as you claim rachel to be.

most new yorkers dont move down south because the south is better. its mainly for cost reasons. i know plenty of new yorkers who live in atlanta and florida who say they hate it to death. but the cost and the size of the homes that go with the price is better then what ny has to offer.

if people think humans are moving down south all cause its better or they just like other things besides what ny has then their completely wrong.

a lot of people who move down south hate the south and hate it even more when they go down their.
And I can assure you that these people you speak of that hate it so much get it right back in return.

And until you learn how to spell, I wouldn't go around calling other people dumb.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:18 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
like i said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
we live in a city with 8-12 million ppl. if a few leave we aren't hurting, period.

ppl act like there's this mass exodus and there are like 5 ppl walking around the block...as if its a ghost town here. na.

and those same ppl moving south are the same ppl that ppl on CD are complaining about that compare everything to ny and they are the same ppl that ppl say should move back if it was so much better. you either want these ppl or you don't.

lol @ wanting the influx of northerners when its convenient for an argument on CD.
^^^^^^^

Old 07-28-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
like i said...

^^^^^^^
I have no problem with people moving down here, so not quite sure what your entire point is.

I literally have dozens of good friends from the NY area. All of them LOVE it here. Some miss certain things food-wise, but none have a desire to return. I have known a grand total of one couple that did move back, but that was a personal choice since a baby was on the way and they wanted to be near their parents for their childs sake. I speak to them regularly, and they really miss it here.

HOWEVER, the ones that move solely to save money and then do nothing but moan and ****** about how "this is how we did it in New York" and constantly point out any and all differences, can stay where they are.

They are not welcomed, people avoid them at all costs and if they ARE so miserable, they need to leave. Pretty simple concept, actually.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And I can assure you that these people you speak of that hate it so much get it right back in return.

And until you learn how to spell, I wouldn't go around calling other people dumb.
i can spell perfectly fine. its the internet get over it.

but yea your one of those people when wrong you change the topic to how someone spells right

have a nice day sir. i guess you fit right a long the same line as the people you called dumb

but at the end of the day my comment still stands, most people moving down south are not moving for the glory of it.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
i can spell perfectly fine. its the internet get over it.

but yea your one of those people when wrong you change the topic to how someone spells right

have a nice day sir. i guess you fit right a long the same line as the people you called dumb

but at the end of the day my comment still stands, most people moving down south are not moving for the glory of it.
Prove it.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
its already proven by reading what southerners think about northern transplants. ask around in rl or read on the net.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
its already proven by reading what southerners think about northern transplants. ask around in rl or read on the net.
And? That is not pertaining to what he stated, at all. The implication that the ONLY possible reason why people move south is pure economics is utterly ridiculous, AND unprovable.

And just exactly what DO southerners think of northern transplants? There is absolutely no way you could possibly know this unless you surveyed each and every person that lives here.

People that come here with an open mind and no preconceived notions are welcomed with open arms. The loud, abbrasive complainers are avoided like the plague. Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Prove it.
prove it?

the proof is all over my face.

explain to me why when when ever some one from nyc moves down south they rep nyc harder then they have when they lived here?

and its even worse vice verse.

explain to me why whenever a southerner moves up north mainly to new york they act like their a new yorker whose been living here for years even though they've been here for only 3 months

take a walk around the city i have met plenty of fake southerners up here who rep nyc more then their southern homeland.

so yea my comment still stands, and no johnatl i wont search the internet for a source or link to show you.

unlike you i get out a lot and meet actual people not stay all day on the internet.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
And? That is not pertaining to what he stated, at all. The implication that the ONLY possible reason why people move south is pure economics is utterly ridiculous, AND unprovable.

And just exactly what DO southerners think of northern transplants? There is absolutely no way you could possibly know this unless you surveyed each and every person that lives here.

People that come here with an open mind and no preconceived notions are welcomed with open arms. The loud, abbrasive complainers are avoided like the plague. Why is that so hard to understand?
seems like your the one that is the most in denial.

so you believe the fact that people are moving down south for economics is pure bull??

i guess you really dont go in the streets. here in nyc when ever i walk the streets the first thing people brag about when moving is how cheap a big house in the south is.

not to mention i know plenty of people who move down south just so they can have a big dream house they wished for but for cheap.

majority of people are not moving to the south for the glory of it. unless your a single person who is moving to a main city like atl , or miami beach for example.

your in pure denial if you don't believe people are moving down their for the cost of it.

ask any transplant in the south why they are their.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City