Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 05:09 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,693,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
That's neat and all, and if you read my previous posts, maybe you wouldnt come off as sounding so salty. Why do you get all defensive? If all that stuff exsists in NYC, prove it baby. I didn't have any problem giving examples of what my city has in terms of Natural beauty. Do you people from NYC not know how your city is portrayed in media? If you're not from NYC or have never been, don't you realize that i have no clue about what NYC has to offer? So show it! I've seen Midtown pictures, I've seen the skyline shots and the urban neighborhoods. Show off that natural beauty then.

And it's not a VERSUS thread, you weirdos keep getting all insecure and start attacking my city. Weird insecurity issues among east coasters or something. "Oh shoot, people are starting to think that NYC isn't the best, let's attack them!"

And what's the deal with the time distance? The fact of the matter is, is that you can SEE it from Tokyo. Something cool to see. A focal point. Just like SLC, LA and Hong Kong and Sau Paulo, nice mountainous backdrops....Doesn't matter if it takes 5 seconds or 5 hours to get to them, the fact is that you can see it.
lol. the truth hurts. whenever a person tells you the truth, that person is automatically "getting defensive" right? please.

and if you actually read russian's posts, you can see some of that stuff from ny.

russian already posted ny's natural beauty and i've already done my part with pics and vids in various threads that showcase what nyc has to offer, including this one. read up.

the media portrayal of nyc is exactly what we are defending against, here. ignorance is bliss, i guess. at first the stuff had to be in the city. then when it was pointed out that the cities you compared it to don't have said things in their respective cities, now it doesn't have to be in the city but be visible from the city.
now that it has been said that it is visible from the city, now what?

how much farther will the goal posts move in your next post?

Old 07-29-2010, 06:46 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,694,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
lol. the truth hurts. whenever a person tells you the truth, that person is automatically "getting defensive" right? please.

and if you actually read russian's posts, you can see some of that stuff from ny.

russian already posted ny's natural beauty and i've already done my part with pics and vids in various threads that showcase what nyc has to offer, including this one. read up.

the media portrayal of nyc is exactly what we are defending against, here. ignorance is bliss, i guess. at first the stuff had to be in the city. then when it was pointed out that the cities you compared it to don't have said things in their respective cities, now it doesn't have to be in the city but be visible from the city.
now that it has been said that it is visible from the city, now what?

how much farther will the goal posts move in your next post?
--Ok. Even though I said 'touche' and 'thanks' in Quoting that said post on page 39.

--How was is ignorant? If one never goes there and most pictures are of Manhattan, how would they know about the neat little natury pictures that you and Russian posted?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:01 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,586,156 times
You can't purchase liquor in a supermarket or drug store. Cheers!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:14 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,470,644 times
New York City does not have a velodrome. That would have presented a small problem had we won the bid for the 2012 Olympic Games. As it stands now, we won't have to spend the money to build one.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:45 PM

648 posts, read 1,611,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Thank you. I do want to try some Russian food out (never had it before), and want to see as much as possible there. I actually want to keep this trip outside of Manhattan this time for the most part so I see the rest of the city.

I have heard good reviews about a restaurant called Mari Vanna. It is something I look forward to trying out this time around.

Seems like it's set- definitely have to see Brooklyn Bridge & I've heard a lot about Coney Island, just never saw it before. So it's definitely something I'm going to see this time around.

Thank you, 2 summers ago my friend and I didn't get off at the right stop and ended up in some shady area. Also same thing had happened again with the two of us last year in South Bay area of San Diego... It's definitely something we're ready for this time!

Thank you for the suggestions, seems like I'm set that's 2 for 2 recommendations for Coney Island, Brooklyn Heights, & Brighton Beach.

Thank you both.
Mari Vanna is actually Moscow based too. They are a great place. You can go to marivanna.ru and check the menu out. It is not in Brighton Beach though it is in Manhattan between Park Ave and Broadway on 20th St. Just a few blocks south of the Flatiron Building.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,694,764 times
Does New York City have any skyways? Like these:

Just wondering?

Old 07-29-2010, 11:02 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,245,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
Does New York City have any skyways? Like these:

Just wondering?
Yes, they're not common at all but I believe there's a few, I know Queens Center Mall has something similar.

Best Pic I could find:
http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBORHOODS/regopark/queenscenter.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-29-2010, 11:03 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,594,961 times
^^There's also one around 34th St, by Penn station. It looks very old. Let me see if I can find a picture.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:10 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,594,961 times
It's hard to see, so you have to look up a bit on google maps. If this link doesn't work, just go to 7th ave & 32nd street.

There are others i'm sure, but this one comes to mind for now.

[SIZE=5]New York Penn Station[/SIZE]

Old 07-29-2010, 11:13 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,693,957 times

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City