Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 AM

650 posts, read 1,321,418 times

Advertisements

Clean Subways? Well yes, the newer Subway Cars are very clean.

Friendly drivers exist everywhere so yeah.

Parking can be a hassle at times but it's not like 24/7 I'm not giving up my spot.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:06 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,594,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
1. Coney Island is no where close to the scope of Cedar Point, never will be.
2. NYC does NOT have the same surf and beaches of Hawaii, sorry. What NYC Pipeline am I missing? What bay in NYC is close to Haunauma?
3. They also fail to have the scenic backdrops of nature like the 2n photo I presented.

So no, they don't have a tropical beach and one the best amusement parks in the world.

Do you seriously not get my point? Having something like Coney Island doesn't qualify for most people as an amusement park. Having a beach doesn't mean I can regularly surf there or snorkel in the coral reefs.

You would be surprised how entertaining and fun Coney island is. Have you ever been there? And what other amusement parks have the history Coney Island has? that in itself makes it very unique.

And no city in the US can compare to Hawaii beaches. They're in their own class.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:28 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,355,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
so why didn't you type that out under the pictures you posted in your last post instead of talking in a condescending tone to the guy AFTER the fact? as if he was supposed to read your mind and know exactly what you were thinking when you posted that?

ppl are moving goal posts. anyway,
1. we had the train to the plane awhile ago but ridership was low so it was eliminated. the E gets close enough to jfk iirc. and there's a bus that goes there i think. the point is that there aren't enough ppl that would go from jfk to the train to the hotel they need.

thats understandable because how many tourists are really trying to step foot on the trains right after getting off the plane anyway? a lot of ppl that aren't from ny think its confusing as it is.

2. thats what jersey is for. i would like for the giants to play in nyc or the jets but nyc is basically pimping jersey when it comes to this, so...
Didnt realize there was a train service to terminal at one point; was that both for JFK and LGA? Anyways i think it would be a good option to have, especially from LGA. I've seen numerous tourists get off of plane's directly onto trains in many cities (Chicago, SF, DC, Atlanta etc). I did the same when i went to London/Madrid.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,693,957 times
there aren't as many "adventurous" tourists as you would think, hence them eliminating the train to the plane.

on CD, ppl (this is in general, not aimed at you at all) kind of make a big deal when it comes to these types of threads about the lack of direct subway service to lga or jfk but the ridership just wasn't there. you can't blame the mta for eliminating the line. as it is now lga/jfk definitely wouldn't get a line with these cuts and proposed fair hikes due to the mta SUPPOSEDLY running out of money (no more V and W service).

i'd rather them extend existing lines or create new lines for eastern queens rather than the mta bringing back a line that just wasn't used back in the day.

the train to the plane only went to jfk as far as i know. all i remember about it were signs that were up back in the day.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:15 PM

244 posts, read 565,656 times
Quote:
1. Coney Island is no where close to the scope of Cedar Point, never will be.
2. NYC does NOT have the same surf and beaches of Hawaii, sorry. What NYC Pipeline am I missing? What bay in NYC is close to Haunauma?
3. They also fail to have the scenic backdrops of nature like the 2n photo I presented.

So no, they don't have a tropical beach and one the best amusement parks in the world.

Do you seriously not get my point? Having something like Coney Island doesn't qualify for most people as an amusement park. Having a beach doesn't mean I can regularly surf there or snorkel in the coral reefs.
I don't care if the backdrop in NYC's beaches are not as scenic. NYC HAS BEACHES. PERIOD. I don't give a **** if NYC's beches don't have as dramatic waves....YOU CAN SURF ON NYC'S BEACHES. PERIOD.

Nobody is arguing that NYC's beaches are as good as Hawaii's beaches. The beaches I've been to in Seyschelles and Croatia knock Hawaii's beaches out of the water, but that doesn't mean Hawaii has no beaches because they're not up to par to the ones in Seyschelles....does it?

This thread is not called "What does NYC have the best of". This thread is about what NYC does and doesn't have. And once again, New York City has beaches and surfing. End of story.

Last edited by DC90; 08-11-2010 at 01:05 PM..

Old 08-11-2010, 12:29 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,605,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
You would be surprised how entertaining and fun Coney island is. Have you ever been there? And what other amusement parks have the history Coney Island has? that in itself makes it very unique.

And no city in the US can compare to Hawaii beaches. They're in their own class.
Yes, I've been to Coney Island, I've lived in NYC. People from NYC constantly think any comment that doesn't 100% favor NYC as a knock and get all defensive. I have tons of family in NYC and the metro, I'm no stranger to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
I don't care if the backdrop in NYC's beaches are not as scenic. NYC HAS BEACHES. PERIOD. I don't give a **** if NYC's beches don't have as dramatic waves....YOU CAN SURF ON NYC'S BEACHES. PERIOD.

Nobody is arguing that NYC's beaches are as good as Hawaii's beaches. The beaches I've been to in Seyschelles in Croatia knock Hawaii's beaches out of the water, but that doesn't mean Hawaii has no beaches because they're not up to par to the ones in Seyschelles....does it?

This thread is not called "What does NYC have the best of". This thread is about what NYC does and doesn't have. And once again, New York City has beaches and surfing. End of story.
Ok is this better for you?

NYC doesn't have GOOD(or even average) surfing
NYC doesn't have WORLD CLASS rollercoasters

I mean ****, do you not understand that? What I listed above are 2 things NYC doesn't have, which is the purpose of this thread. Oh and I've been to Croatia, great beaches. But they do NOT have the variety of different beaches the Hawaiian island have. To say they blow Hawaii's beaches out of the water is funny, but another story completely. LMAO at you getting mad, son

U Mad brah?

Oh and Seychelles is off the coast of east Africa and is NOT Croatia.. so I'm really questioning if you've been to EITHER! LOL!

Last edited by WeSoHood; 08-11-2010 at 12:42 PM..

Old 08-11-2010, 12:32 PM

244 posts, read 565,656 times
Quote:

I mean ****, do you not understand that? What I listed above are 2 things NYC doesn't have, which is the purpose of this thread.

U Mad brah?
1. Subjective. NYC has surfing, period. Surfing is surfing.
2. Rollercoasters? What are you, 5?

If this is the best you guys can come up with then NYC really does have it all.....

Old 08-11-2010, 12:34 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,693,957 times
lol @ this.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:42 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,065,692 times
Quote:

I mean ****, do you not understand that? What I listed above are 2 things NYC doesn't have, which is the purpose of this thread. Oh and I've been to Croatia, great beaches. But they do NOT have the variety of different beaches the Hawaiian island have. To say they blow Hawaii's beaches out of the water is funny, but another story completely. LMAO at you getting mad, son

U Mad brah?

Oh and Seychelles is off the coast of east Africa and is NOT Croatia.. so I'm really questioning if you've been to EITHER! LOL!
The cyclone in coney island was one of the first rollercoasters in the world. Thats good enough

Old 08-11-2010, 12:53 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,149,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Probably been mentioned in the 60+ pages, but glaring ones to me
> Subway line w/direct access to Airport terminal
> Pro Football stadium
Lmao, you're getting a little too technical with that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City