Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 01:20 PM

96 posts, read 191,916 times

Advertisements

To

Danny

Ok but you are aware that the main headquarters or just head quarters are in los angelas for every big Hollywood studio putting finance to the side because that is the truth when I was out there four years ago taking tours of theme they stated especially as paramount this is the main base and headquarters for paramount pictures. I am not denying the fact that new York holds the main principle financial for those studios but the headquarters for theme are out there.

Also like I sated people don’t care for that they want to see how things are made and how Hollywood works and the excitement of it they are not going to want to here about financial stuff about theme they want to see how movies are filmed and made and that is why they go to those studios which are the headquarters not for financial but for offices and vice presidents and board directors.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
That is why los angelas is always going to be a thriving city for movies and TV for decades to come.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:22 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,311,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee. View Post
Riots? LOL. The only entity that causes riots is when NYC based tastemakers (um, I mean mags) like the NY Times "discover" restaurants, many in your home town of San Jose (or is it Oakland?) which then cause pandemonium.

NYC is the ultimate food city. What the hell is an in n' out. A glorified McDonalds. It is the poor mans Shake Shack (blander taste, cheaper, fatter).

Hope I didn't crush your delusions.
....right... that's why everybody was excited in april when they were posting billboards of in n out chains opening in manhattan.. only to find out it was an april's fool prank and realize they had to settle for five guys garbage and shack shack's overpriced greasy burgers, 7.25 for a burger the size of a baby's fist lol
that's why they call it "ny's spin on the west coast burger"
in n out must suck though if all these burger chains keep trying to compare their food to in n out right? lol dumbass
and lol@ "nyc based tastemakers"... you type like an arrogant fat woman who is very particular about what she shoves down her gullet

Old 12-16-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee. View Post
Do you know me?
i dont know you from a poop stain in your mother's underwear but i know enough that nobody on "city-data" is getting plastered at parties with puffy and oprah lol. that includes you m'am. at best you're chugging heinekens at brooklyn bowl with some irrelevant upcoming rapper from williamsburg hahahaha

Old 12-16-2010, 01:25 PM

To

yankee

Oh I am sorry once again for admitting a fact did I not or did I already tell you we don’t care how many examples of pictures or how much you show glammer of how nice it is thats not going to draw millions of Americans there who hate the city already some pictures you post is wasting your time when you should be examining what other cities have to offer. So if you had to go to the length of posting pictures to hype people up you must really be falling behind in the cracks my friend.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Last edited by rosebud17; 12-16-2010 at 01:34 PM..

Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 PM

818 posts, read 1,379,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
....right... that's why everybody was excited in april when they were posting billboards of in n out chains opening in manhattan.. only to find out it was an april's fool prank and realize they had to settle for five guys garbage and shack shack's overpriced greasy burgers, 7.25 for a burger the size of a baby's fist lol
in n out must suck though if all these burger chains keep trying to compare their food to in n out right? lol dumbass
and lol@ "nyc based tastemakers"... you type like an arrogant fat woman who is very particular about what she shoves down her gullet
Dear god, what rat hole did you crawl out of? San Jose or Atlanta?

Old 12-16-2010, 01:29 PM

neither. u mad at something? hop on a train to fabulous 5th avenue and watch rich people shop
then crawl back down the subway and feel good about other people's ability to spend a lot of money, and come back and brag about it on city data

Old 12-16-2010, 01:31 PM

From making that list up and showing us on here that movies are being more filmed in new York when there is really no solid evidence of that other than we could say you guys just made that up to make your point more thorough. It is still not going to change the fact that the prime star for Hollywood is in los angelas and those are the people out there who decide where a movie is going to be filmed. I hope you did not get that from some Hollywood magazine.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:32 PM

818 posts, read 1,379,820 times
Quote:
neither. u mad at something? hop on a train to fabulous 5th avenue and watch rich people shop
then crawl back down the subway and feel good about other people's ability to spend a lot of money, and come back and brag about it on city data
LOL you mad? Yeah you mad, its okay. Why don't you get in your 1970's Chevy Camaro pumping to Soulja Boy and head on down to the lavish shop center at Santana Row and go to Target for your upscale shopping experience.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:34 PM

damn. phew. that was tough man. you really gave it your all on that one eh?
if i ever live in san jose or atlanta, i will think about what "infamous past" said about those two cities and feel super bad about myself.
im actually going to print this page out and keep it, so i can retrieve it later if i move to san jose or atlanta.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:36 PM

151 posts, read 299,104 times
Quote:

1. It's widely accepted that Shake Shack is superior to dirty glorified McDonalds in n out. Look it up.

2. The only ones who were excited must have been all those transplants the Bay Area sends to NYC.

3. NYC is the dictatorship when it comes to food.

For example,

Bay Area Chefs Dodge New York Knives

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/27/dining/27sfdine.html

Or

Dear New York Times: We get it. Your restaurants are better than ours.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/14/AR2010121403119.html

Is there any other city that has this much clout when it comes to food? I've been to restaurants in the Bay Area and throughout the world that hang their positive NYTimes Reviews on their windows. LOL!

Let's face it guys -- everyone looks to NYC when it comes to taste. Not to sound elitist, but it's an honor for a city to be recognized by NYC. There are many tourist spots throughout the world that have been boosted tremendously from being mentioned by New York. "OMG, the NYTimes mentioned us"! "New York finally recognizes us!!!" LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City