Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:21 PM

123 posts, read 156,932 times

Advertisements

Each one of them is better than each other in some form
or fashion,people just pick based on preference..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 11:52 AM

19 posts, read 30,220 times
I think HOUSTON IS A LITTLE BIT MORE URBAN THAN DALLAS.THE REASON WHY BECAUSE OF HOW DALLAS BUILDS AROUND THE METROPLEX. But if you ask me which area were more urban DFW OR THE GREATER HOUSTON AREA I WOULD GO WITH DFW. NEVER BEEN TO ATLANTA. ALL I KNOW IS THAT THE CITY OF ATLANTA IS THE REASON WHY ANOTHER MAJOR CITY IN THE SOUTH WILL NEVER GET THE chance to host the olympics. A MAJOR BUST FOR THE CITY.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:30 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,694,210 times
Atlanta is much nicer and prettier than the other two.........IMO

Old 10-13-2010, 01:34 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,909,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Oh no! Here we go again!!

I would recommend that you apply to some jobs in any of these three cities first. You can't just get up and leave DC like that and think they're just passing out jobs here. I can't stress that enough, move only after you've secured a job, and then pick the city that you get the best offer in.

For job availability, I would say DFW is the best option, but please please, apply first. I can't stress that enough. I'm not saying Houston and Atlanta are bad options, but DFW is IMHO more diverse. Houston is the least.
But here's the catch-22: For those cities, even though they may be fairing better than most cities, specifically Dallas and Houston, they aren't doing well to the point of hiring people from other parts of the country. IOW, they're only hiring people already residing in the city. At the moment, the city where the OP and myself are, Washington DC, is the only place that seems to be doing intercity recruiting.

Why in the hell else do you think I'm still here?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:25 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,752,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastcity View Post
I think HOUSTON IS A LITTLE BIT MORE URBAN THAN DALLAS.THE REASON WHY BECAUSE OF HOW DALLAS BUILDS AROUND THE METROPLEX. But if you ask me which area were more urban DFW OR THE GREATER HOUSTON AREA I WOULD GO WITH DFW. NEVER BEEN TO ATLANTA. ALL I KNOW IS THAT THE CITY OF ATLANTA IS THE REASON WHY ANOTHER MAJOR CITY IN THE SOUTH WILL NEVER GET THE chance to host the olympics. A MAJOR BUST FOR THE CITY.
Oh my God, not another Olympics naysayer...that statement is SO 1998 I could puke. The main reason Atlanta is where it is today is BECAUSE of the Olympics. I can guarantee you that it was no "bust" for the city!

Old 10-14-2010, 03:18 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,814,337 times
Dallas

Old 10-15-2010, 02:14 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,419,328 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Oh my God, not another Olympics naysayer...that statement is SO 1998 I could puke. The main reason Atlanta is where it is today is BECAUSE of the Olympics. I can guarantee you that it was no "bust" for the city!
The Olympic commitee was disappointed and refused to declare Atlanta's Olympics a success because they did not and would not make the type of incredible grandiose State expenditures on the Olympics that Barcelona, Athens,Greece and China did. Now both Greece and Spain are reeling from the tremendous debt caused by this type of government spending which threw the entire EUC into disarray and threated to cause a international double dip recession.

Now back to the subject.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:07 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,060,528 times
Dallas.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:09 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,752,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
The Olympic commitee was disappointed and refused to declare Atlanta's Olympics a success because they did not and would not make the type of incredible grandiose State expenditures on the Olympics that Barcelona, Athens,Greece and China did. Now both Greece and Spain are reeling from the tremendous debt caused by this type of government spending which threw the entire EUC into disarray and threated to cause a international double dip recession.

Now back to the subject.
All that is true...but to say that the Olympics was a "bust" for the city is completely false. Atlanta has reaped many benefits from being host city and has become much better known internationally.

The Olympic committee was bitter about some things and it showed. NOW back to the subject.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,026,771 times
Houston and DFW

Atlanta versuses the World, Atlanta why just be yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City