Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best City?
Miami 0 0%
Atlanta 0 0%
Phoenix 0 0%
Los Angeles 0 0%
San Francisco 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 AM

92 posts, read 366,983 times

Advertisements

I might be moving to one of these 4 cities and I am just wondering which city is the best(in order) for:
Livability
Things to do
Sports
Restaurants
Friendliness
Atmosphere(streets+restaurants+sporting events full with people)
Safety

Overall which is the best city?

The suburbs I would be looking at:
Miami - Coconut Creek or Boca Raton
Atlanta - Rome,GA(about an hour away)
Phoenix - Mayer,AZ (an hour north)
LA - Claremont or Carpintera
San Fran - Portola Valley

Thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 09:58 AM

8,468 posts, read 14,901,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USASportsBlogs View Post
I might be moving to one of these 4 cities and I am just wondering which city is the best(in order) for:
Livability
Things to do
Sports
Restaurants
Friendliness
Safety

Thanks
I'm not sure about the other cities on your list, but Rome is definitely not a suburb (or even an exurb) of Atlanta. If you live there however it is not a difficult drive into Atlanta from there.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:02 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,028,827 times
Yeah Boca Raton is not a suburb of Miami either. Neither is Coconut Creek really. Most people in Boca stay in Palm Beach County and most people in Coconut Creek would stay in the Broward County... maybe North Miami and Miami Lakes but not really going to go hang out on South Beach or downtown Miami regularly living in Boca or Coconut Creek.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:10 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,351,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USASportsBlogs View Post
Livability
Things to do
Sports
Restaurants
Friendliness
Safety

Thanks
Hah..I've lived near 3 of these cities! (LA, Phoenix, SF) Here are some points of clarification:

Mayer, AZ is in Yavapai County. It's technically not part of the Phoenix metropolitan area and has a much more four season like climate than most of the Valley of the Sun. IMO, it has some of the best balance between cooler summers and mild winters in Arizona outside of Southeastern Arizona (which probably has the best climate in the state.)

CORDES, ARIZONA - Climate Summary (Cordes is the nearest weather station)
January: 56.8/32.3
July: 95.7/65.7
Precipitation: 14.44 in./yr

Carpinteria, CA is nowhere near Los Angeles since its 90 miles away on US 101. The only place that it could be a suburb of is Santa Barbara, and its not really much of a job center. Claremont would be a much better choice for comparison than Carpinteria.

If you could offer more definitions of what you mean, such as livability (I see this one all the time, and it really doesn't mean anything), things to do.

In terms of friendliness, I found that people are the same no matter where you go. There are some good ones, there are some bad ones, and it pretty much averages out to a general paradigm we like to call "humanity"

I can live in all of these areas, no problem.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,763,487 times
These cities have been compared to death already in multiple threads. Please use the search feature in the forum to find existing threads. Read up, or add comments/questions to those please before adding a new topic on the same cities. Thank you

http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...e-posting.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City