Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: most desireable?
Pacific Northwest 14 10.94%
Southwest (including California) 23 17.97%
Midwest 20 15.63%
South 12 9.38%
North 5 3.91%
Northeast 37 28.91%
Alaska, Hawaii 1 0.78%
Southeast 16 12.50%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,140,844 times

Advertisements

For me the most desireable is the south west + north and south California. Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and Colorado are absolutely beautiful. I believe this area is the most beautiful in the country. California with it's different areas like beaches, mountains, deserts. Arizona and Nevada with their breath taking desert landscapes. Utah with its red rocks. New Mexico with it's southwestern flavor and appeal. Colorado for the mountains.

My most undesireable would be the midwest and the north.
The midwest because to me it's really boring. I've been to Kansas. there's really nothing impressive with that state, same with Nebraska and I've never been to Missouri, but I have seen plenty of pictures and videos and it looks like an area i wouldn't want to be.

The north like (Montana, Minniesota, Michigan etc.) this is because these areas are really cold and I hate the cold and will go out of my way to avoid it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 12:35 PM

27,321 posts, read 28,389,714 times
The northeast has the best urban infrastructure and well-connected large cities, the largest economy and population density, most of the top universities, the best museums and history, the political and financial capital cities, proximity to the most populous region of Canada, very nice scenery and coastline, etc. All of which make it the most desireable region for me.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The northeast has the best urban infrastructure and well-connected large cities, the largest economy and population density, most of the top universities, the best museums and history, the political and financial capitals, proximity to the most populous region of Canada, very nice scenery and coastline, etc. All of which make it the most desireable region for me.
I think it's okay, but to me the northeast is really crowded. the southwest and the west in general still has many people but we having breathing room and elbow room. You know what I mean?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:40 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,049,464 times
I voted for North because for me, there are really only 3 regions I would ever be happy living in: the Great Lakes (where I currently am), the Northeast, and the Pacific Northwest. I'm pretty indifferent towards CA, the South, and the Mountain West, but I absolutely abhor the Great Plains and Desert Southwest. Eww.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:31 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,854,310 times
Some of these choices need to be rescinded. You can't have a "North", a "Northeast" , and a "Midwest"......

Having said that, my favorite areas are actually "subregions": New England and the Great Lakes; the Mid-Atlantic is OK for visiting , but I wouldn't care to live in Philly, Baltimore or DC..

Old 05-28-2010, 02:37 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,622,313 times
I can find something nice in all of them. I have to fly to Minot, ND and visit Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Ive never been either place and though they aren't the most exciting places to visit, I am looking forward to seeing a new region.

As long as there is a big international airport (I have to have that since Im overseas 6 times a year) close by, I could live there. I like diversity too. That being said, I can find something nice in all.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Some of these choices need to be rescinded. You can't have a "North", a "Northeast" , and a "Midwest"......

Having said that, my favorite areas are actually "subregions": New England and the Great Lakes; the Mid-Atlantic is OK for visiting , but I wouldn't care to live in Philly, Baltimore or DC..
North=all canadian border states. midwest=kansas nebraska, illinois, missouri etc. northeast=new york, maine etc. not that hard to figure out...

Old 05-28-2010, 03:15 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,261,196 times
Yea it is because MN, ND, and MI are Canadian border states and are definitely midwest as well.

I'd have to choose Upper midwest (MN, WI, MI, and IA). I love it here. My least favorite is by far the Southwest (TX, OK, NM, AZ, SoCal) because I can't stand heat and the desert plus it's way too close to Mexico and you got scorpions, tarantulas, rattle snakes, spiders, etc...

Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 PM

620 posts, read 1,741,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
For me the most desireable is the south west + north and south California. Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and Colorado are absolutely beautiful. I believe this area is the most beautiful in the country. California with it's different areas like beaches, mountains, deserts. Arizona and Nevada with their breath taking desert landscapes. Utah with its red rocks. New Mexico with it's southwestern flavor and appeal. Colorado for the mountains.

My most undesireable would be the midwest and the north.
The midwest because to me it's really boring. I've been to Kansas. there's really nothing impressive with that state, same with Nebraska and I've never been to Missouri, but I have seen plenty of pictures and videos and it looks like an area i wouldn't want to be.

The north like (Montana, Minniesota, Michigan etc.) this is because these areas are really cold and I hate the cold and will go out of my way to avoid it.
Why add California to the Soutwest? Phoenix area is a valley of crap, Socal is shangri-la!

Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,854,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
North=all canadian border states. midwest=kansas nebraska, illinois, missouri etc. northeast=new york, maine etc. not that hard to figure out...
No, the "North" includes all of the above; too many redundencies here..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City