Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which mall is better?
NorthPark Center 28 50.00%
Houston Galleria 28 50.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:37 PM

165 posts, read 137,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
So Prada, Dior, Fendi, and YSL in Dallas? I wonder if Dolce & Gabbana will make a enterance to the market.

Sucks that Armani closed. I wonder if they'll make a return at some point. Maybe the growth of the DFW area will help.

How do the stand-alone boutiques of the brands do in their overall company?
I think Louis Vuitton should openin a boutique in West Village in Dallas,Texas. Something similar like that one in Austin at the Domain.

I think is sad that San Antonio doesn't even have a Louis Vuitton but Austin does.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:45 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,798,358 times
So who is the "Italian boutique" that is suppose to take over the former Harold's space at Highland Park Village?

(http://www.hpvillage.com/wp-content/...MN_article.pdf)

Old 06-10-2010, 05:20 PM

4,418 posts, read 6,230,778 times
Quote:
So who is the "Italian boutique" that is suppose to take over the former Harold's space at Highland Park Village?

(http://www.hpvillage.com/wp-content/...MN_article.pdf)
hmm i'm not sure. good eye for catching that. I know it's not the YSL boutique or Dior because they are French. Prada or Fendi are the only Italian ones I can think of that could possibly be going in there or maybe even Zegna.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
hmm i'm not sure. good eye for catching that. I know it's not the YSL boutique or Dior because they are French. Prada or Fendi are the only Italian ones I can think of that could possibly be going in there or maybe even Zegna.
Prada, Fendi, Zegna, Brioni, Dolce & Gabbana, Frette are the ones off the top of my head. How large is that space?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Prada, Fendi, Zegna, Brioni, Dolce & Gabbana, Frette are the ones off the top of my head. How large is that space?
I was actually at Highland Park Village today and noticed there are a couple vacant spots, one where Robert Talbott was before it moved and a larger space that had a temporary furniture store in it. That space looks large enough to divide into a couple boutiques like they have done with the old Banana Republic space to make room for Vilebrequin, Christian Louboutin & Diane Von Furstenberg. I'm sure YSL will be going into the old Robert Talbott location.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I was actually at Highland Park Village today and noticed there are a couple vacant spots, one where Robert Talbott was before it moved and a larger space that had a temporary furniture store in it. That space looks large enough to divide into a couple boutiques like they have done with the old Banana Republic space to make room for Vilebrequin, Christian Louboutin & Diane Von Furstenberg. I'm sure YSL will be going into the old Robert Talbott location.
Interesting.

Do the shops at HPV carry each designer's full product selection?

Old 06-11-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Interesting.

Do the shops at HPV carry each designer's full product selection?
I'm not sure about all of them but a lot of the stores are a pretty decent size, so if they don't have the full line i'm sure its pretty close to it for most.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure about all of them but a lot of the stores are a pretty decent size, so if they don't have the full line i'm sure its pretty close to it for most.
Nice. Hopefully the local wealth supports these shops.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Nice. Hopefully the local wealth supports these shops.
I read recently (in the link below) that Dallas has a very large out of town shopper base as well which definitely helps.
Highland Park Village courting 'unique, rare' boutiques | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News

Old 06-12-2010, 05:29 AM

5 posts, read 10,231 times
Quote:
So Prada, Dior, Fendi, and YSL in Dallas? I wonder if Dolce & Gabbana will make a enterance to the market.

Sucks that Armani closed. I wonder if they'll make a return at some point. Maybe the growth of the DFW area will help.

How do the stand-alone boutiques of the brands do in their overall company?
That's a very good question with no easy answer.

Retail in Dallas is extremely good for some (Neiman Marcus) and challenging for newer brands entering the city for that same reason. Dallas is home to Neiman Marcus (NorthPark NM is #1 store in country) and a traditional city at that, it may take more than 1 lease agreement to see an established clientele but this is a chic city and the residents certainly have the lifestyle and money to support all of this fabulous shopping. Houston boutiques are usually more profitable than Dallas, but not by much. And as a whole, Houston and Dallas boutique sales are close to Chicago and Costa Mesa in business.

In my opinion, some brands do extremely well here, Louis Vuitton (recently opened 3rd stand alone boutique) and Hermes (recently expanded) for example. While others, Prada, Christian Dior and Giorgio Armani flopped hard. The reason for this is that mega brands on that scale must operate on a mega level, anything they do (stores) must be large enough to accommodate their presence, and Dallas just can't meet their expectations fast enough. While there is demand for those lines here, there is also no rush to stop shopping at Neiman Marcus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City