Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which mall is better?
NorthPark Center 28 50.00%
Houston Galleria 28 50.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:35 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,729,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Though I directly quoted that article, it's not 2.4 million sq ft. It's actually 2.0 Million sq ft.
That is what I thought.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:37 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL...as far as electronics in LA, I dunno.

But if you ever need gold leafed salad plates, just let me know.
Haha, everytime I visit my cousin in San Jose, I notice how we spend an astronomical amount of time at some electronic store... it gets crazy.
In Los Angeles, I haven't had the opportunity yet, normally I get distracted by all the things they've got to do there.
Not saying the Bay Area doesn't have things to do, just that when I'm with my cousin, we normally don't get around to anything else!!

Haha, I'll be sure to give you a buzz when I find myself in need of "gold leafed salad plates". LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I think we're essentially saying the same thing. Not many people are going to go out of their way to go that far to go shopping, they are going to go their respective regional centers.

I lived in Mississippi for awhile, and it was a weird situation with them, because Jackson was a retail destination for the surrounding smaller towns, but for more serious shopping needs, many went to New Orleans or Memphis or Birmingham (to the Galleria there), but for really heavy shopping, they would go to Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, but Atlanta seemed to be the most popular.
That has got to be one very painful drive, especially for the back and the neck. I mean holy cow!!

Old 05-30-2010, 03:38 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,862,559 times
^^Agree on LA. There is so much stuff to do there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Why would you want to have huge parking garages towering over a mall, that is just ugly!
It doesn't tower over The Galleria. There are a few levels below the ground. Have you been to the Houston Galleria? If you did, you wouldn't be saying this.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
^^Agree on LA. There is so much stuff to do there.

It doesn't tower over The Galleria. There are a few levels below the ground. Have you been to the Houston Galleria? If you did, you wouldn't be saying this.

I am not talking about the Galleria, I am saying if NorthPark had 6-7 story parking garages it would be ugly.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:44 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,221,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Haha, everytime I visit my cousin in San Jose, I notice how we spend an astronomical amount of time at some electronic store... it gets crazy.
In Los Angeles, I haven't had the opportunity yet, normally I get distracted by all the things they've got to do there.

Haha, I'll be sure to give you a buzz when I find myself in need of "gold leafed salad plates". LOL

That has got to be one very painful drive, especially for the back and the neck. I mean holy cow!!
From Jackson, Hattiesburg, or Biloxi/Gulfport, it's actually not that bad of a drive to Houston. It's about 6.5-7 hours depending on where you leave from. I've done a drive from my parents house in North Jackson to North Dallas in about 6 hours, but I have a lead foot. Back in the 80's, some of my relatives would go to the wholesale markets in Dallas, along Harry Hines Blvd.

Understandably, people in North Mississippi or the Delta tend to go to Memphis or Birmingham or Atlanta for their shopping needs.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:51 PM

The Galleria need a theater, NorthPark have one.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:03 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,787,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
The Galleria need a theater, NorthPark have one.
You really are tripping...What the point in this thread?...Everybody and the Houstonians understand Dallas is one of the premiere shopping centers in the country. What are you still trying to justify? Yes Dallas is one of the 6 capitals of fashions in the U.S. let’s move on to other topics my friends.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:07 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
This topic is nice and it's unique (as compared to skyline and economy) discussions, but this very topic has been beaten to death. Especially this week. IMHO, since I'm not into shopping, lol I find it pointless. But please forgive my close mindedness on this topic.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
You really are tripping...What the point in this thread?...Everybody and the Houstonians understand Dallas is one of the premiere shopping centers in the country. What are you still trying to justify? Yes Dallas is one of the 6 capitals of fashions in the U.S. let’s move on to other topics my friends.
Why should it matter what you think, if you don't like the thread then get out.....Plain and Simple.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:43 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,221,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
This topic is nice and it's unique (as compared to skyline and economy) discussions, but this very topic has been beaten to death. Especially this week. IMHO, since I'm not into shopping, lol I find it pointless. But please forgive my close mindedness on this topic.
But you keep posting though You clicked, you cared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City