Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:48 PM

542 posts, read 1,492,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
white socks with sandals.
Lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 01:55 AM

4,552 posts, read 14,975,437 times
I would say anywhere in New Mexico, even the rich dress like they are middle class.

a lot of people dress like they dont care or are poor or just in whatever is available at the mall. When I go to Texas I see lots of people clean cut and dressed really nice.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:01 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,999,430 times
San Francisco wins this one hands-down. The people here go out of their way to dress as ugly/ revolting as possible.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:22 AM

9,484 posts, read 16,375,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
San Francisco wins this one hands-down. The people here go out of their way to dress as ugly/ revolting as possible.
Yes I agree. I think after they do San Francisco they come up the coast to Portland.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:41 AM

1,126 posts, read 4,547,104 times
So which citys are the Best Dressed?

From experience.... NYC - trendy/high fashion, Boston - preppy, London, Miami (Beach) are all generally good dressers. I'm sure there are others...

Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,073,076 times
Quote:
Yes.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:03 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,998,778 times
It has to be Chicago right? All those lil thugs running around and all those people wearing baggy clothes not to mention the larger people than inhabit chicago wear big clothes naturally. So Chicago does fashion WRONG. Like a one armed man trying to juggle Chicago is...

Old 07-30-2009, 01:36 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,234,585 times
Quote:
And that's a shame, considering the reputation it had decades ago for just the opposite. I remember being there when I was a little girl and seeing all these well-dressed people living everyday lives. I was only 6 when an older cousin took me on my first cable-car ride on her way to the beauty salon ~ in a nice dress and pumps and pill-hat.

But I still think Portland beats SF for shabby attire.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM

9,484 posts, read 16,375,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
And that's a shame, considering the reputation it had decades ago for just the opposite. I remember being there when I was a little girl and seeing all these well-dressed people living everyday lives. I was only 6 when an older cousin took me on my first cable-car ride on her way to the beauty salon ~ in a nice dress and pumps and pill-hat.

But I still think Portland beats SF for shabby attire.
I just walked thru downtown Portland, but I could walk thru many neighborhoods here and see the same thing. I wish I had a camera with me, so I could show the world the disgusting creatures that prowl the streets of this medium size city.

Talk about disgusting outfits. Between all the beggers and panhandlers, the Radical Hipsters collecting signatures for whatever. The disgusting appearance and body oder of these people could knock one over. Dirty frumpy outfits that look like something out of the Michael Jackson Thriller video. Portland could win the academy awards of worst dressed people, and the smell of body oder to go with it.

Really only some of the office workers are dressed in anything presentable, and many others could never pass a work dress code in most cities. Im beginning to question why this city is even in the USA.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:04 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,722,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Ask Stacy and Clinton.
I've never seen anyone where Flip flops with an evening gown. There is nothing wrong with flip flops if you wear them with the right outfit. Im sure high heels look ridiculous with casual clothes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City