Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Orlando 75 39.27%
Tampa 116 60.73%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:23 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,174,248 times

Advertisements

TAMPA is now better than Orlando, by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 10:20 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,639,175 times
ORLANDO is now better than Tampa, by far.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 PM

Tampa is underrated. Orlando is overated. My heart wants out of here. The city is ok but I seriously dont see how people could live here unless they medical or IT - Tampa has much going for it Orlando does not.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:40 PM

90 posts, read 240,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Thats why I said No. It is hard to tell what would make up for that GaP IF THE TOURISM SECTOR WAS NOT THERE. But it is so I mean hey we live off what we have.
Don't forget, coastal cities have a big tourist attraction, too, it's the beach and that gives those cities more hotel rooms than usual. Florida was a tourist state, before Disney and had lots of hotels and resort hotels. The attractions just gave Orlando "a beach," as well. Look at the amount of hotel rooms in Miami!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrowester View Post
Don't forget, coastal cities have a big tourist attraction, too, it's the beach and that gives those cities more hotel rooms than usual. Florida was a tourist state, before Disney and had lots of hotels and resort hotels. The attractions just gave Orlando "a beach," as well. Look at the amount of hotel rooms in Miami!
You are right but Orlando didnt which would lead me to think it would be a traditional town today.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:52 PM

90 posts, read 240,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I-drive isn't in a theme park and technically neither is citywalk. CityWalk is a cluster of entertainment retail dinning and nightlife thats is free of charge to get into and enjoy. I know many people here who don't ever go in the Universal theme parks but often go to city walk to have a fun night out. Who cares who made it, its part of Orlando now, thats why its called CityWalk Orlando. Not trying to come off rude, I get what you meant but I'm just saying. . Tampa has great nightlife but when you combine the nightlife in each metro, in my opinion Orlando wins
Just as CityWalk in LA is a part of their nightlife. It's a bonus for Orlando to have that option as well. Just like the old Church Street Station entertainment district, built and operated by Bob Snow. CityWalk is a similar thing,

Old 09-11-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrowester View Post
Just as CityWalk in LA is a part of their nightlife. It's a bonus for Orlando to have that option as well. Just like the old Church Street Station entertainment district, built and operated by Bob Snow. CityWalk is a similar thing,
Hope they bring church street back so I can come visit.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:54 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,909,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Hope they bring church street back so I can come visit.
I know I'm going to sound like a heretic here but the best thing that ever happened to DT Orlando was when the tourist stopped going to Church Street Station and stayed out at CityWalk and DT Disney. I wish the locals had picked up the slack and kept CSS alive and well, but hey let's hope the new Amway Center brings it back since now DT Orlando has the population to sustain a reinvigorated Church Street.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:02 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,639,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Tampa is underrated. Orlando is overated. My heart wants out of here. The city is ok but I seriously dont see how people could live here unless they medical or IT - Tampa has much going for it Orlando does not.
How does Tampa have more things going for it? Orlando has the Lake Nona Medical city, Sun Rail, new arena and performing arts center, hotel/theme park expansions, High speed rail (benificial to both Tampa and Orlando). Idk about Tampa but Neighborhoods in Orlando are still building new homes and new retail/shopping centers are also under construction. Orlando also has the largest University in the state (3rd largest in the US) which is ranked higher in a lot of things compared to USF. But in the end, Tampa benifits off Orlando and viseversa. They are very similiar it's just depends on your personal preference. Some people like to live in Tampa and visit orlando to do what they can't do in Tampa and some people like to live in Orlando and visit Tampa to do things they can't do in Orlando.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:04 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,909,464 times
We settled this thread a while back, the only rivalry the 2 cities have is Arena Football :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City