Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:24 PM

36,628 posts, read 67,146,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
South Coast Plaza doesn't appear on their list because it is privately owned by the wealthy Segerstrom Family of Newport Beach. This list was calculated only using "publicly owned malls" by companies like Westfield, Simon, etc...

So no, SF Center doesn't outsell SCP. SCP just doesn't appear in this list because they only used public malls in their research.

EDIT: LOL, you saw my original post Montclair, nevermind.
LOL

South Coast Plaza has pretty much every high end store I can think of.

I once read somewhere that SCP has the highest grossing Nordstrom, the highest grossing Chanel, the highest grossing Louis Vuitton, the highest grossing Prada and so on.

SCP was the first mall to surpass $1 Billion in sales and the first mall to surpass $1.5 Billion in sales.

That is amazing considering the highly exclusive clientele they serve. Usually selling to the mid market ensures the biggest possible consumer base, but SCP is a beast in that it not only rules in sales per sq ft, but also in total sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 06:27 PM

153 posts, read 380,281 times
1. Ala Moana - Honolulu, Hawaii
2. Fashion Valley Mall - San Diego, CA
3. Forum Shops at Caesars

Been to top 3, no surprises here.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:55 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,289,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL

I once read somewhere that SCP has the highest grossing Nordstrom, the highest grossing Chanel, the highest grossing Louis Vuitton, the highest grossing Prada and so on.

SCP was the first mall to surpass $1 Billion in sales and the first mall to surpass $1.5 Billion in sales.

That is amazing considering the highly exclusive clientele they serve. Usually selling to the mid market ensures the biggest possible consumer base, but SCP is a beast in that it not only rules in sales per sq ft, but also in total sales.
In industry circles, South Coast Plaza is pretty much considered the premiere mall in the U.S., hands down.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 PM

5,888 posts, read 12,938,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
In industry circles, South Coast Plaza is pretty much considered the premiere mall in the U.S., hands down.
and is still pretty busy with a high occupancy rate in spite of the economy

Old 05-30-2010, 11:44 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,472,030 times
No Bal Harbour?? Somerset Collection? Lenox Square? South Coast Plaza?

Old 05-31-2010, 01:28 AM

113 posts, read 551,464 times
With the new Nordstrom wing shouldn't Ala Moana now be exceeding $2 Billion in gross sales per year? I mean if it's still doing the $1100 per sf and now at 2.1 million leasable sf....

Ala Moana and SCP have been the top two for the past 20 or so years...usually very close in gross sales, Ala Moana always having the higher per sf and SCP making it up with sheer square footage...

Old 05-31-2010, 03:23 AM

11 posts, read 16,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL

I'm guessing you meant highest grossing Chanel, Prada, in a mall maybe. They certainly don't gross anywhere near as much as the flagships in NY (5th, Madison or SoHo) or even on Rodeo Drive do.

SCP doesn't have an Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford, Dolce & Gabbana (not the cheap D&G line), Graff Diamonds, Burberry Prorsum line, Christian Loubouton, Rick Owens, Roland Mouret, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, etc.

But it's good for a mall

Last edited by ilovenewyork.; 05-31-2010 at 03:37 AM..

Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 AM

2,781 posts, read 7,181,650 times
Hard to believe King of Prussia isn't in the top 10.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:04 AM

1,416 posts, read 3,196,942 times
Just a daily observation, FLorida Mall in Orlando has way more people come into it and out of it then Millenia but either way its about riight.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:06 AM

1,416 posts, read 3,196,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Hard to believe King of Prussia isn't in the top 10.

I was pondering the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City