Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 04:16 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,819,643 times

Advertisements

[/quote]
I find this topic quite funny because while visiting some friends in Boston a few years ago they proceeded to say over and over people from Boston were so much more open minded than people from anywhere in the south especially Richmond, Va.
One of the reasons I found this comment so amusing is because Richmond, Va is 67% black, and there are neighborhoods here quite mixed. During all of my visits to Boston I never once saw a neighborhood mixed as much as the neighborhood I live.
The neighborhood I live in Richmond has more black people than white people. However, the white population is growing quite fast. Most of the cause for the white people moving to the area is because if gentrification, and the empty nesters returning to the city along with young couples.
Realizing I am not writing about the cities mentioned in this particular article...I do agree with someone's earlier post. If Portland had a huge influx of black people, they would be far less open minded. I can write this because I live in a neighborhood that is over 70% black still.
However, it is human nature for a race of people to steer toward areas where most of their own people live. You rarely see a neighborhood like the one I live in, but it is changing colors. The liberals use the word gentrification meaning ( white people are buying houses in lower income black areas of a city).
Some of the people here if not most will be black...do not continue being fooled by the so-called liberal white man. They have a more politically correct way of wording their feelings of racism than an ordinary white/black conservative. I am white and should know my own race, and I will admit I do not want to live amongst more black people than white. I grew up in a white household, and it's only natural for me to gravitate to my own race/culture.
However, I have done a lot of volunteer work with inner city youth, and love every minute of it. Although, I do volunteer with these children I blame their parents for their lack of supervision. The parents are responsible for the actions of their children until they reach a certain age. I make no excuses for a black child who is just lazy and refuses to try anymore than I make an excuse for a white child doing the same thing.
The black parents of some of these children know where I stand, but love me because I do not put up with the B/S excuses from the children. If your parents, care or a grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle etc. and a child knows an adult really cares about them...they'll try and do as well as possible in school.
Wake-up black and white before it is to late for any of our children. [/quote]

Speak for yourself please, because as a white liberal, I don't find this statement to be 100% true. It CAN be true, but it's not 100% (or anywhere close for that matter). Some people are more honest with their feelings than others, yes, but politics have almost nothing to do with it (IMO) and it really comes down to your experiences and who you are as a person.

At the end of the day, I find that 99.9% of ALL people have something great to offer society. I find that 5%-10% of ALL people are just going to cause trouble of some kind, rich or poor, black or white, etc. And I find that I truly "get along" or have that platonic relationship with fewer than 5% of ALL people, and the rest I just have to play nice and deal with the fact that we're not going to have a close relationship....no matter how hard I try.

I've found that this applies to ALL people, and I haven't yet seen a trend amongst races, ethnicities or socionomic sub-types (except foreign languages, for that little communication aspect).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 PM

10 posts, read 39,710 times
Default Similar

"Speak for yourself please, because as a white liberal, I don't find this statement to be 100% true. It CAN be true, but it's not 100% (or anywhere close for that matter). Some people are more honest with their feelings than others, yes, but politics have almost nothing to do with it (IMO) and it really comes down to your experiences and who you are as a person.

At tYou were either very tired when you typed your reply or my post went completely over your head. he end of the day, I find that 99.9% of ALL people have something great to offer society. I find that 5%-10% of ALL people are just going to cause trouble of some kind, rich or poor, black or white, etc. And I find that I truly "get along" or have that platonic relationship with fewer than 5% of ALL people, and the rest I just have to play nice and deal with the fact that we're not going to have a close relationship....no matter how hard I try.

I've found that this applies to ALL people, and I haven't yet seen a trend amongst races, ethnicities or socionomic sub-types (except foreign languages, for that little communication aspect)."

@West336 First of all I was not speaking ( I was typing on a computer to be exactly correct). You are quite amusing...have u never heard anyone use the slang (politically correct) to describe something or someone? I did not write anything about politics...I simply wrote many so called liberal whites always say/write we must be politically correct.
The so-called liberal white people buying in my area are just as racist as the white people who speak their true feelings. If you are all so liberal why do you send your children to private schools along side my children. I don't send my children to school with the children I do volunteer work with. There is nothing gained by me working with these children accept getting to know them as individuals. Meeting a few (note I wrote/type 'few') who really care. I've personally met many of the parents, or guardians...whoever the child is stuck living. And been told more than once ("he/she ain't nothing but a street n***** and you shouldn't work so hard trying to help"). How many hours a week do you work free with inner city youth...do you live in a predominately black neighborhood, do you hear gunfire almost daily just a few blocks away from your house, do you send your children to a title one school where the population is 99% black?
I do live in an inner-city neighborhood and volunteer several hours a week with the children attending the school about six blocks from my house, and hear gunfire almost every night coming from just a few blocks away. However, I 'DO NOT' send my child to the school, and the adults along with the children know all about it. Never has anyone ever said anything to me about sending my child to a private school, and if any of the adults ever say anything to me. I will simply tell them the truth.
You may have never seen or heard this phrase which I have heard a lot by white people living in my neighborhood. "You can't call the police on black people for loud music, or spousal abuse because they don't understand it's not the right thing to do". You honestly disagree with my observation of their comment as being racist. It's just as racist as some of my country club friends who ask "how do you live in that neighborhood...I could understand if you buy there.however, I would never want to live there."
You were either very tired when you typed your reply or my post went completely over your head. Our post were very similar...could you not see it??

Old 05-26-2012, 07:53 PM

68 posts, read 163,335 times
I think this depends on if you prefer whiteness or diversity.

If you prefer whiteness, move to Portland. If you prefer diversity, move to NYC or L.A.

No one can give some definite answer to which is better demographically... NYC or Portland... depends on what you prefer.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,877 times
From goffoghh21@gmail.com from phila,pa. its a kinda nasty.people still those stupid ideals.
05/27/2012 sat.even 11:29pm.a

Old 05-27-2012, 04:23 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,494,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiIj View Post
I think this depends on if you prefer whiteness or diversity.

If you prefer whiteness, move to Portland. If you prefer diversity, move to NYC or L.A.

No one can give some definite answer to which is better demographically... NYC or Portland... depends on what you prefer.
what kind of loser would move to a place based on demographics?

Old 05-28-2012, 10:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,153 times
These cities are not "anti-Black"; rather, they are anti-welfare, anti-crime, and anti-overpopulation. It just so happens that Black people have the very same traits that these lovely communities wish to avoid. If the Blacks don't like this, then the Blacks must change, not the other way around.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:46 PM

37,792 posts, read 41,479,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Muniz View Post
These cities are not "anti-Black"; rather, they are anti-welfare, anti-crime, and anti-overpopulation. It just so happens that Black people have the very same traits that these lovely communities wish to avoid. If the Blacks don't like this, then the Blacks must change, not the other way around.
More White people are on welfare in the U.S. than any other group, and I have no clue what you mean by "anti-overpopulation." Austin is among the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Don't feel like drudging through the crime statement here.

Oh yeah, and read the article first so you don't sound like an ass in your response which has nothing to do with the point of the actual article.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:45 AM

1,574 posts, read 2,949,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
More White people are on welfare in the U.S. than any other group, and I have no clue what you mean by "anti-overpopulation." Austin is among the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Don't feel like drudging through the crime statement here.

Oh yeah, and read the article first so you don't sound like an ass in your response which has nothing to do with the point of the actual article.
White 38.8%
Black 37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian 2.8
Other 3.4

These numbers do not reflect the US as a whole. I think it is clear which group has a higher % of their total popultation on welfare.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:01 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,336,365 times
To respond to the threads author is why does it have to be a race thing?
The topic is made to be inherently racist and brings up nothing good or worth talking about.

On the other side of the coin one can say why is it where blacks are that there is no progression? One can even say that about the whole sub Saharan Africa! Sure, its a racist question but the answers to both questions will only bring up resentment and even hate. If I was a moderator, I would delete such threads.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,336,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Muniz View Post
Its always the white man's fault according to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City