Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which place is better?
Atlanta 152 53.52%
New Orleans 132 46.48%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM

37,784 posts, read 41,454,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
"Lol"- Newt Gingrich
Who lived in suburban Atlanta while he was in Congress, but has resided in northern Virginia for over a decade--and incidentally, attended undergrad in New Orleans (Tulane). Yeah, you might want to try again with that.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,922,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Who lived in suburban Atlanta while he was in Congress, but has resided in northern Virginia for over a decade--and incidentally, attended undergrad in New Orleans (Tulane). Yeah, you might want to try again with that.
I know he attended Tulane. If by Atlanta he meant strictly city limits, then I retract my statement.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:43 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,205,349 times
Culture-New Orleans
Shopping-Atlanta
Restaurants-New Orleans
Economy-Atlanta
Quality of Life-Atlanta
Housing costs-New Orleans
Public Transportation-Atlanta has a metro rail system (30 or so stations) meanwhile new orleans has bus transit i think we know who wins this
Nightlife-Could be either one.
Art galleries-Atlanta
Weather-Both have crap weather
Parks-Atlanta
Music scene-New Orleans
Education-Atlanta
Lifestyle-New Orleans if you want to live widely and if you are single. Atlanta if you want a family and earn a high income

Old 11-13-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I know he attended Tulane. If by Atlanta he meant strictly city limits, then I retract my statement.
I'm pretty sure he did since the suburbs of practically any city are going to be more conservative on average--unless he didn't even know that bit of info.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,922,580 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure he did since the suburbs of practically any city are going to be more conservative on average--unless he didn't even know that bit of info.
I read it the opposite way. Picket fences in Atlanta proper?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I read it the opposite way. Picket fences in Atlanta proper?
Maybe he was talking about the suburbs, but even so, it's no different than typical suburbia in practically any metro in the country. Look at how decisively won Romney won the suburban parishes in the NOLA area. He still sounded silly.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,083,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
Culture-New Orleans
Shopping-Atlanta
Restaurants-New Orleans
Economy-Atlanta
Quality of Life-Atlanta
Housing costs-New Orleans
Public Transportation-Atlanta has a metro rail system (30 or so stations) meanwhile new orleans has bus transit i think we know who wins this
Nightlife-Could be either one.
Art galleries-Atlanta
Weather-Both have crap weather
Parks-Atlanta
Music scene-New Orleans
Education-Atlanta
Lifestyle-New Orleans if you want to live widely and if you are single. Atlanta if you want a family and earn a high income
Atlanta doesn't necessarily win with QOL, my QOL would be much higher in New Orleans.
PT-New Orleans also has streetcars.
Art galleries is probably a wash, no way Atlanta wins decisively.
Parks doesn't go to Atlanta so decisively either.
You don't have to be single to enjoy life in New Orleans, how stereotypical.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 AM

6,610 posts, read 8,968,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Atlanta doesn't necessarily win with QOL, my QOL would be much higher in New Orleans.
PT-New Orleans also has streetcars.
Art galleries is probably a wash, no way Atlanta wins decisively.
Parks doesn't go to Atlanta so decisively either.
You don't have to be single to enjoy life in New Orleans, how stereotypical.
That post was just that person's opinion...it's not up to you to question it. If he thinks that Atlanta's parks are better then so be it. If you think that the quality of life in New Orleans is better, then that's your opinion. His may be different from yours.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,010,844 times
If New Orleans had new high rise condos, iffy restaurants and shopping strips it would be in the top five cities in America. The city has very very good bones and is ready to take off.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:13 PM

4,819 posts, read 6,043,297 times
Quote:
Maybe he was talking about the suburbs, but even so, it's no different than typical suburbia in practically any metro in the country. Look at how decisively won Romney won the suburban parishes in the NOLA area. He still sounded silly.
The funny thing is metro Atlanta is more progressive in general than Greater New Orleans. So one even can't really talk about Atlanta's suburbs being conservative when being compared to Greater New Orleans.

New Orleans has the edge on history it's one of the most unique places in the country. But it's very conservative I remember on the news folks were worry after Katrina Latino workers rebuilding New Orleans would change the culture. New Orleans is known for it's culture I have seen Louisiana poster boast that new Orleans is like it's own little world. Well the saying you can't have your own cake and eat it, Atlanta is definitely more cosmopolitan.

Some LA posters are upset that New Orleans is being projected with a lower QOL and only good if your single. Well hell Atlanta is being projected as having no soul, over conservative and only good for a family. But hay ignorance is bliss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City