Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:27 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,443,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Do any middle class people even live in SanFran.
Nope, not a one.

Do any college educated people with all their teeth and any semblance of refinement live in Philthysmellforya? Or are there only fat, loudmouthed women, d-bags and toothless degenerates who struggle with their insecurities living in NYC's shadow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Tampa's beaches and florida location trump the faux urbanism of the bay area IMHO.
Oh they trump more than just that my friend! They, as well as the REAL urbanism of the Bay Area, coupled with the lovely suburban areas in the Bay, trump the slimy cesspool of a city known as Philthy. Both are much more desirable than the ingrown, puss-filled toenail of East Coast cities that you are unfortunate enough to hail from.

Is anyone there NOT either a Rocky wannabe or a hood statistic?

Quote:
San Jose= Suburbanesque

SF is like some boutique city, one big tourist attraction, much like Disney World in Florida.
Lol and Philthy is like the septic tanks the Disney World tourists empty their waste into.

But you've been to neither SF nor SJ, so you're really just doing your normal flaming here. Man you really need a hobby.

Quote:
I don't really feel like beating on SanFran today, so just give it a rest.
Its okay. I took it upon myself to d1ckslap both you and Philthy during your absence.

Last edited by jman650; 06-04-2010 at 02:54 PM..

Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
Quote:
San Jose= Suburbanesque

SF is like some boutique city, one big tourist attraction, much like Disney World in Florida.
Okay, you're the same person that thought San Jose and Oakland are suburbs.

You're so wrong, each of the three principle cities have something they're good at. And all have their own skylines, Fortune 500 companies, and airports.

Those three cities even have suburbs. San Jose has it's own MSA.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Okay, you're the same person that thought San Jose and Oakland are suburbs.

You're so wrong, each of the three principle cities have something they're good at. And all have their own skylines, Fortune 500 companies, and airports.

Those three cities even have suburbs. San Jose has it's own MSA.
Don't fall into the trap. He's waiting for people to say that so he can try and argue that the Bay isn't one solid unit and that we can't make up our minds. Its pathetic lol, but that's his angle.

SJ has more a suburban feel to it than SF or Oakland IMO, but the 10th largest city in the US is hardly an actual suburb. Like you said, it has its own suburbs. I always used to consider East Bay cities to be Oakland suburbs as well - seeing as they identify more closely with Oakland - and felt all three major cities had their own separate suburbs (in SJ's case its now known as its own MSA , which will never make sense to most of us out here). But collectively this has always been one metropolitan region, and nothing has changed simply b/c SJ is now designated a separate entity. We all function as one regardless.

If SJ is a suburb of SF, then Philthy is a suburb of NYC.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:05 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,199,221 times
Quote:
Do any middle class people even live in SanFran.
yes. They do.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:31 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,696,926 times
I've reduced Jwoman to senseless insults.

Philly does have issues, but the difference between me and you is that I don't care.

My self worth is in no way tied to my hometown, but I guess someone like you would be insecure coming from literally the gayest place on earth.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:38 AM

153 posts, read 380,163 times
Quote:

My self worth is in no way tied to my hometown, but I guess someone like you would be insecure coming from literally the gayest placeon earth.
So that's why you want to move there so bad. If that's the case, sorry to crush your dreams, but you need to "literally" look into Atlanta, instead.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:40 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,696,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
So that's why you want to move there so bad. If that's the case, sorry to crush your dreams, but you need to "literally" look into Atlanta, instead.
good one guy

Old 06-05-2010, 02:46 AM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
Quote:

Philly does have issues, but the difference between me and you is that I don't care.

My self worth is in no way tied to my hometown, but I guess someone like you would be insecure coming from literally the gayest place on earth.
You realize half your posts people are laughing at you, not with you right?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:29 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,027,640 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City