Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 01:07 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,674,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
It pretty much is like a city within itself, heres the center of QB Projects:

Google Maps

They have stores, a restaurant, and even an afterschool area for the kids.

WTF... your projects have libraries?! They aren't giving those QB people no excuses to have to leave QB... trying to keep them there 24/7 lol j/p
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 01:09 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,149,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
vid of Valencia Projects before it got torn down...

YouTube - Messy Marv - Thug Life

^ The SF you'll never see on TV
That last sentence I put in bold holds true for every city in the US. There are always neighborhoods that you never see on TV unless your watching Cops or First 48 or something lol.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:27 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,753,724 times
Quote:
vid of Valencia Projects before it got torn down...

YouTube - Messy Marv - Thug Life

^ The SF you'll never see on TV
I've actually heard of this guy, I'm surprised the video seemed so amateurish and tacky.

The ending of the video when it said "This should be played at high volume" was stolen from...

YouTube - Redman - Blow Treez (Ft. Ready Roc & Method Man)

Old 06-03-2010, 01:30 AM

Ahh Redman, best rapper to ever come out of Jersey IMO. Joe Budden being number 2.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:37 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,753,724 times
Quote:
Ahh Redman, best rapper to ever come out of Jersey IMO. Joe Budden being number 2.
Redman is definitely the best rapper "straight from New Jerrzzz" (quoted from his song Blow Your Mind) haha, I have all of his albums on my Ipod.
Budden was born in Harlem, I think he moved to JC when he was a young teen or something (I'm not sure)

Old 06-03-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Redman is definitely the best rapper "straight from New Jerrzzz" (quoted from his song Blow Your Mind) haha, I have all of his albums on my Ipod.
Budden was born in Harlem, I think he moved to JC when he was a young teen or something (I'm not sure)
Yeah your right Budden was born in New York but he definitely reps Jersey. Still though, he doesn't have the career YET that Redman has had. Talk about longevity.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I've actually heard of this guy, I'm surprised the video seemed so amateurish and tacky.

The ending of the video when it said "This should be played at high volume" was stolen from...

YouTube - Redman - Blow Treez (Ft. Ready Roc & Method Man)

lol... it was back when he was underground. He blew the hell up since... the song's tight though. You gotta like bay music to appreciate it though

For some reason I never liked Redman that much. Wut? Thee Album was good and I liked his material with Method Man but other than that I could never get into Dare Iz A Darkside and his 1st album

Method Man > Redman

Old 06-03-2010, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah your right Budden was born in New York but he definitely reps Jersey. Still though, he doesn't have the career YET that Redman has had. Talk about longevity.

Budden is a punk... seriously. He runs his mouth WAY too much for someone who's career is built off of one single (Pump It Up) and a "supergroup" that aint that super (Slaughtahouse)... lol

Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Budden is a punk... seriously. He runs his mouth WAY too much for someone who's career is built off of one single (Pump It Up) and a "supergroup" that aint that super (Slaughtahouse)... lol
Lol, I like Slaughterhouse I think they are talented and are actually trying to make real Hip-Hop music. Joe Budden has a lot of good mixtape music, I know, he is lacking on the actual album side of things, but you can't go wrong with the Mood Muzik's.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Lol, I like Slaughterhouse I think they are talented and are actually trying to make real Hip-Hop music. Joe Budden has a lot of good mixtape music, I know, he is lacking on the actual album side of things, but you can't go wrong with the Mood Muzik's.

I'll give you that... Padded Room was an abomination though.

IMO NY's been slacking in the music department for a minute now... the only people who even make stuff worth listening anymore are Nas, 50 Cent (his mixtape material, NOT his albums) Raekwon, Jadakiss and... that's about it. The rest have either fallen off (Jay Z and Fabolous) or weren't that good to begin with (Papoose). The new NY isn't that big either. there's Corey Gunz and Maino but... that's about it.

The bay, LA and the south have been doing much better in the 2000's. The west coast aint been hot since the 90's but we're about to blow up again with rappers like Nipsey Hu$$le and The Jacka.

Hot song:

YouTube - The Jacka-Africah Warrior-Mob Trial 3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City