Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 02:18 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,151,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I'll give you that... Padded Room was an abomination though.

IMO NY's been slacking in the music department for a minute now... the only people who even make stuff worth listening anymore are Nas, 50 Cent (his mixtape material, NOT his albums) Raekwon, Jadakiss and... that's about it. The rest have either fallen off (Jay Z and Fabolous) or weren't that good to begin with (Papoose). The new NY isn't that big either. there's Corey Gunz and Maino but... that's about it.

The bay, LA and the south have been doing much better in the 2000's. The west coast aint been hot since the 90's but we're about to blow up again with rappers like Nipsey Hu$$le and The Jacka.

Hot song:

YouTube - The Jacka-Africah Warrior-Mob Trial 3
I like Nipsey, and earlier you said you don't like Slaughterhouse, you know one of the members (Crooked I) is from LA right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 02:26 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,676,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I like Nipsey, and earlier you said you don't like Slaughterhouse, you know one of the members (Crooked I) is from LA right?

Yea I know... he tries his hardest not to sound like it though.

Everybody in Slaughtahouse had a failed career... not that that matters in regards to the music but... lol. The only two who had semi-decent careers were Juelz and Royce... Royce is always going to be known as Eminem's shadow. Juelz is the only one who would ever do anything bigger than Slaughtahouse.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:57 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,755,427 times
Quote:
I'll give you that... Padded Room was an abomination though.

IMO NY's been slacking in the music department for a minute now... the only people who even make stuff worth listening anymore are Nas, 50 Cent (his mixtape material, NOT his albums) Raekwon, Jadakiss and... that's about it. The rest have either fallen off (Jay Z and Fabolous) or weren't that good to begin with (Papoose). The new NY isn't that big either. there's Corey Gunz and Maino but... that's about it.

The bay, LA and the south have been doing much better in the 2000's. The west coast aint been hot since the 90's but we're about to blow up again with rappers like Nipsey Hu$$le and The Jacka.

Hot song:

YouTube - The Jacka-Africah Warrior-Mob Trial 3
I havn't heard of Nipsey. It seems like he has a chance to make it big.

I think hip hop in general sucks now-a-days. I can't stand listening to the radio anymore.

NYC has been lacking in terms of hip hop since 2000. Busta Rhymes is probably the only still living rapper with actual talent that hails from NYC. Jay-Z is cocky and obnoxious, 50 Cent is dull, Where's Fat Joe?, and I can barely tell the difference between Papoose and Fabolous... Lil Kim is ok (Queen Latifah was better)

NYC had dank rappers back in the 90s

YouTube - Big L Put It On

YouTube - Biggie Smalls - Hypnotize

Old 06-03-2010, 03:06 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,676,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post

I think hip hop in general sucks now-a-days. I can't stand listening to the radio anymore.

NYC has been lacking in terms of hip hop since 2000. Busta Rhymes is probably the only still living rapper with actual talent that hails from NYC. Jay-Z is cocky and obnoxious, 50 Cent is dull, Where's Fat Joe?, and I can barely tell the difference between Papoose and Fabolous... Lil Kim is ok (Queen Latifah was better)

True on all of this... 50 Cent still makes good mixtapes though. No lie. It's not like he's saying anything... It's the same old 50. But his beat game's always been hot and the flow's hot.

YouTube - 50 Cent - Put That Work In - Forever King

YouTube - 50 Cent - Talking In Codes (War Angel LP 2009) Mixtape

YouTube - 50 Cent - Redrum (Murder) (War Angel LP 2009) Mixtape

YouTube - 50 Cent - I Gotta Win - War Angel LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paVCzTxMgC8

Old 06-03-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
True on all of this... 50 Cent still makes good mixtapes though. No lie. It's not like he's saying anything... It's the same old 50. But his beat game's always been hot and the flow's hot.

YouTube - 50 Cent - Put That Work In - Forever King

YouTube - 50 Cent - Talking In Codes (War Angel LP 2009) Mixtape

YouTube - 50 Cent - Redrum (Murder) (War Angel LP 2009) Mixtape

YouTube - 50 Cent - I Gotta Win - War Angel LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paVCzTxMgC8
It's definitely the same old 50 cent. His songs lack any type of wow factor, it's just a monotone rap in every song. Personally, I like a crazy beat and a sick flow... 50 is just boring.

This is just my opinion, don't take it personal or anything..

Old 06-03-2010, 05:32 AM

85 posts, read 107,774 times
Chicago hasn't blown up yet in hip hop but yall should check Ace Mac out.Ace Mac is the best rapper st8 outta the Chi.He went hard on the Make It Rain Remix with Fat Joe but other then that he stayed underground.Imo he's one of the best rappers out there right now.

YouTube - Ace Mac- Somebody Gotta Die*NEW*

Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,714,097 times
How the hell did this turn into a rap thread?

Old 06-03-2010, 03:14 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,151,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post

Thats funny that you mentioned Fat Joe because I just read on another site that he just put his brand new mansion in Miami up on the market.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkRican312 View Post
Chicago hasn't blown up yet in hip hop but yall should check Ace Mac out.Ace Mac is the best rapper st8 outta the Chi.He went hard on the Make It Rain Remix with Fat Joe but other then that he stayed underground.Imo he's one of the best rappers out there right now.

YouTube - Ace Mac- Somebody Gotta Die*NEW*

Twista- Frum Da Tip of my tongue
The best song to come out Chicago!

Old 06-03-2010, 03:43 PM

868 posts, read 1,558,469 times
In the Pittsburgh region, including the cities and towns in nearby eastern OH/northern WV, many of those inexpensive large houses in the poorer neighborhoods were once nice, upper class homes. Now they are more likely to be cut up into several apartments, which most seem to be outdated and in poor condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City