Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,674,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
Right, whatever. The West Coast is the hardest place on Earth because formerly wealthy neighborhoods of the East Coast have older houses that are falling down where the conditions are probably pretty damn awful.

You're so right. You're all so damn hard. Nobody from the East Coast could ever knock out anybody from the West Coast and we couldn't in a million years live in those so very ghetto single family homes or apartments you have out there. You're just too hardcore for us, really. You scare me. Your words alone intimidate me so much I want to crawl back to my working class hometown that you wouldn't have lasted in with your mouth or attitude and cry about how much tougher than me you are.

1208 is right, you're out of your mind. The only comment I made in the OP was that if I had to live in the hood I'd rather live in a bigger house than a shack. There was no comment about how "realer" or "harder" the west coast is than the east, there was only the statement that the hoods on the west coast are not the paradises east coasters like you make them out to be. Your premise is made up because I didn't make any negative comment about the east coast in any way shape or form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
He has the nerve to talk ish on the East Coast's formerly wealthy neighborhoods when they have so many single family housing "ghettos" out there? None of those people could are on the level of those who grow up on the East Coast. I guarantee you I grew up harder than he did and I'm not even from the ghetto. He knows NOTHING about hard. He knows NOTHING about real ghettos (luckily, neither do I) and nothing about the reality that people in the worst parts of this metro deal with (again, luckily neither do I). I don't try to talk about things I don't personally understand or that I only read about in papers and he clearly does that constantly. That's not okay. On top of that, he has the nerve to try to JUDGE those places or talk like the West Coast is harder when guaranteed he's never been a part of the working class or anything else of either coast? No, I don't think so.
Uh... once again, where do you think you "learned" all this about me from? ROFL fall back.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 AM

504 posts, read 611,077 times
On the East Coast a lot of those houses used to be owned by wealthy families but have been divided into low income apartments.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:52 PM

958 posts, read 1,188,399 times
Hey look, I found some pictures too. Chester and Camden: SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - Worst Slum/Ghetto Pics

SkyscraperPage Forum - View Single Post - Dangerous Cities under ~50,000 pop.

Camden

This isn't even the ghetto though it probably will be in a decade or two the way it's going: 319 S. Oak Ave., Clifton Heights, PA 19018 | HomeFinder.com | ID: 5980373 I know kids who grew up in these houses and I never considered them anything but nice, normal houses. There are "bungalow" houses all over the metro, including in the suburbs. You find them in places I used to laugh at growing up, including Springfield. Those Watts homes aren't that small and they're single-family. Here's a street in that same neighborhood filled with single-story rowhomes. Washington Ave. Clifton Heights PA - Google Maps

Those are nothing compared to what used to be there in some places. Every working class part of the metro had real tenements at one point that have all been torn down, the kind you see on old movies about 18th and 19th Century working class neighborhoods or cities.

I wanted to post pictures of the blight and dilapidated/boarded up houses and buildings in Yeadon, Darby, and even parts of Lansdowne but apparently they don't post those pics online. Can't say I blame them. I couldn't find pics of single-story PHA houses either though they definitely exist.

But no, go ahead and keep showing random pics of blighted buildings in West Coast neighborhoods and then giant houses built by wealthy people in East Coast ones. Very accurate comparison.

Last edited by couldntthinkofaclevername; 03-06-2012 at 02:24 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
1208 is right, you're out of your mind. The only comment I made in the OP was that if I had to live in the hood I'd rather live in a bigger house than a shack. There was no comment about how "realer" or "harder" the west coast is than the east, there was only the statement that the hoods on the west coast are not the paradises east coasters like you make them out to be. Your premise is made up because I didn't make any negative comment about the east coast in any way shape or form.
Well that's one big bowl of lies right there.

Re-read the first page of this thread. You did exactly what you're claiming you didn't do. So YOU fall back and quit pretending and copying the way WE speak.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,214 times
Quote:
These houses are actually in Baltimore, not Wilmington.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:23 PM

My fault, read the address wrong. I thought the company who owned them was in Baltimore and the houses were in Wilmington. Removing the link. The name of the street didn't make too much sense to be in Wilmington now that I think of it, as Calvert was of course the founder of Maryland.

Speaking of Baltimore, it's a shame to see some of the rowhouses they've torn down there. It's pretty damn disheartening to see buildings and neighborhoods go down like that.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Hey look, I found some pictures too. Chester and Camden: SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - Worst Slum/Ghetto Pics

SkyscraperPage Forum - View Single Post - Dangerous Cities under ~50,000 pop.

Camden

This isn't even the ghetto though it probably will be in a decade or two the way it's going: 319 S. Oak Ave., Clifton Heights, PA 19018 | HomeFinder.com | ID: 5980373 I know kids who grew up in these houses and I never considered them anything but nice, normal houses. There are "bungalow" houses all over the metro, including in the suburbs. You find them in places I used to laugh at growing up, including Springfield. Those Watts homes aren't that small and they're single-family. Here's a street in that same neighborhood filled with single-story rowhomes. Washington Ave. Clifton Heights PA - Google Maps

Those are nothing compared to what used to be there in some places. Every working class part of the metro had real tenements at one point that have all been torn down, the kind you see on old movies about 18th and 19th Century working class neighborhoods or cities.

I wanted to post pictures of the blight and dilapidated/boarded up houses and buildings in Yeadon, Darby, and even parts of Lansdowne but apparently they don't post those pics online. Can't say I blame them. I couldn't find pics of single-story PHA houses either though they definitely exist.

But no, go ahead and keep showing random pics of blighted buildings in West Coast neighborhoods and then giant houses built by wealthy people in East Coast ones. Very accurate comparison.
What is your point? This isn't a pissing contest. I even specified in the thread title that I was talking about some of the poor neighborhoods in the east coast/midwest. I've been in poor neighborhoods on the east coast that aren't like that.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Well that's one big bowl of lies right there.

Re-read the first page of this thread. You did exactly what you're claiming you didn't do. So YOU fall back and quit pretending and copying the way WE speak.

Point out where I "did exactly what I'm claiming I didn't do" on this thread.

And ROFL at "fall back" being east coast slang, it was appropriated from the military.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
What is your point? This isn't a pissing contest. I even specified in the thread title that I was talking about some of the poor neighborhoods in the east coast/midwest. I've been in poor neighborhoods on the east coast that aren't like that.
That's exactly what you made this thread to do.. brag about how hardcore the West Coast is because formerly wealthy East Coast neighborhoods have big houses.

You got told and completely refuted so now you're trying to pretend that you didn't try to compare the single-family homes and random blighted properties of Watts to the bigger homes of formerly wealthy neighborhoods. I gave you a real comparison that showed just how hardcore the East Coast is compared to the West Coast so now you're trying to change your tune.

You don't get to insult those places and those people and not hear anything back.

Quote:
Point out where I "did exactly what I'm claiming I didn't do" on this thread.

And ROFL at "fall back" being east coast slang, it was appropriated from the military.
The first page.

I never said it was East Coast slang. I said you're pretending to be something you're not. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're from the West Coast. It has to do with the fact that you're speaking in a way that is clearly not natural to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City