Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 12:46 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,149,959 times

Advertisements

Lol @ Miami's, Los Angeles', and San Francisco's all look pink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 12:48 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,674,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Ever notice how different the projects are from region to region?

New York City's Marcy Housing Projects:

http://www.brooklyn.com/info/marcy_projects.jpg (broken link)

New York City's Queensbridge Housing Projects (largest in the country):

http://www.wirednewyork.com/queens/i...ses_8feb04.jpg

Miami's Liberty Square Housing Projects:

Liberty Square Housing Projects, Miami, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Orleans' BW Cooper Housing Projects:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41...leans/no10.jpg

Los Angeles' Jordan Downs Housing Projects:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a41/hk...rdandowns3.jpg

San Francisco's Valencia Gardens Housing Projects:

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/...ia-gardens.jpg

Just to point out a few..

Aint Nas, Cormega & Marley Marl all from QB? I've heard about QB... never seen a pic of it before though. I'm surprised at the lack of graffitti in that pic. Obviously the POV is up real high but given that its NYC I thought the projects would be canvases from top to bottom... lol

but wow at the rows and rows of 20 story + projects... that looks like a city within itself.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:51 AM

91,994 posts, read 122,107,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Wow... good for y'all in NY. Y'all know how it should be... not this crap where you have to be firmly middle class to not be living in a high crime area...
Well, Upstate NY is different from Downstate NY. Just make sure you got that job lined up first though.

Taxes still can be no joke, but even when they are figured in, getting a home here can be cheaper than many Southern areas actually.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Aint Nas, Cormega & Marley Marl all from QB? I've heard about QB... never seen a pic of it before though. I'm surprised at the lack of graffitti in that pic. Obviously the POV is up real high but given that its NYC I thought the projects would be canvases from top to bottom... lol

but wow at the rows and rows of 20 story + projects... that looks like a city within itself.
Yeah they are all from QB also Lamar Odom and Ron Artest are from there as well. Lol some pj's have had graffitti on them, but yeah that picture is taken from high up and I don't know why but you just don't see a lot of spray paint on the actual projects itself, usually vacant buildings. It almost is like a city within itself, in the middle of the neighborhood they have stores and stuff let me see if I can find a pic.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 AM

91,994 posts, read 122,107,559 times
Quote:
Can I ask you a question, how do you get it so that when you click the link the street view automatically pops up?
Let me try this again....I think you are asking me how to post streetviews so that they just pop up on streetview automatically. To do that, click on Link and then copy the first line that is usually highlighted in blue. Then, you just post it.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Lol @ Miami's, Los Angeles', and San Francisco's all look pink.

lol...

I've actually been to the Watts projects though... that **** is BAD. When I was there it was nothing but bloods who will kill you if you look at them funny. If you're over there and nobody recognizes you they'll kill you. The same probably goes for the others but I doubt they're like that... everybody in those projects thinks that the day that they don't have their gun on em will be the day they die.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 AM

It pretty much is like a city within itself, heres the center of QB Projects:

Google Maps

They have stores, a restaurant, and even an afterschool area for the kids.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:00 AM

vid of Valencia Projects before it got torn down...

YouTube - Messy Marv - Thug Life

^ The SF you'll never see on TV

Old 06-03-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
lol...

I've actually been to the Watts projects though... that **** is BAD. When I was there it was nothing but bloods who will kill you if you look at them funny. If you're over there and nobody recognizes you they'll kill you. The same probably goes for the others but I doubt they're like that... everybody in those projects thinks that the day that they don't have their gun on em will be the day they die.
Yeah thats pretty serious man.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Let me try this again....I think you are asking me how to post streetviews so that they just pop up on streetview automatically. To do that, click on Link and then copy the first line that is usually highlighted in blue. Then, you just post it.
Ok I got it thanks man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City