Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 10:48 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,655,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
See thats the irony, nobody is asking you to compare the two. I'm just asking which you'd rather live in.

Thats the type of bias I was talking about, better this and better that... its not about which one is better there is no right answer its about which one you prefer.
Well I gave my 2 cents lol. I said I prefer to live in NYC because it has better of everything.. better public transportation, better restaurants, etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 10:49 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,146,662 times
@grapico Lol I don't know man.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:50 AM

2,781 posts, read 7,180,601 times
Quote:
Clearly? I considered making it San Juan vs San Diego but felt this would be a better comparison since San Juan and NY are the two most European style cities in the country, hands down. Maybe you should think less about my motives and more about the words that are coming out of my mouth (or keyboard as the case is).
Quote:
You sound like every other spoiled NYer, go shop on 5th ave, sip your starbucks, and pretend you know about art just because you live in NY. Enjoy it. I mean that. But just because you like that lifestyle doesn't mean everyone does.
Yes, clearly.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:18 AM

12,385 posts, read 28,372,317 times
San Juan and NYC are the two most European style cities in the country?
Oh the things you will read on citydata...

Old 06-05-2010, 11:58 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,027,640 times
Really? What city do you consider more European?

I'd see it as
1. NYC
2. San Juan
3. Philly
4. San Fran
5. Boston
6. Miami and Honolulu tied

Maybe we should make a thread on what US (continental and none continental) that are the most European like.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Really? What city do you consider more European?

I'd see it as
1. NYC
2. San Juan
3. Philly
4. San Fran
5. Boston
6. Miami and Honolulu tied

Maybe we should make a thread on what US (continental and none continental) that are the most European like.
You also see Portland as the #2 public transportation city behind NYC. So I'd rather not get into it with you, been there done that.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:25 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,027,640 times
Hi Grapico, a forum is a place for discussion, nobody is arguing so what are you afraid of? A discussion? Then why are you in my thread at all? Or more importantly why are you even on the forum if you can't handle other people's opinions in a discussion?

Old 06-05-2010, 12:26 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times
San Juan does NOT look European. Nothing there looked European at all. If anything the architecture looks more Mexican than anything. I do not think most people on this thread have actually been to San Juan AND Europe to compare the two.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,284,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
San Juan does NOT look European. Nothing there looked European at all. If anything the architecture looks more Mexican than anything. I do not think most people on this thread have actually been to San Juan AND Europe to compare the two.
Perhaps once you've explored Spain & Portugal, you'll see the resemblance to Old San Juan. And it hardly looks "Mexican," whatever that means.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Hi Grapico, a forum is a place for discussion, nobody is arguing so what are you afraid of? A discussion? Then why are you in my thread at all? Or more importantly why are you even on the forum if you can't handle other people's opinions in a discussion?
K I'll play

Quebec City
Boston
Providence
New Haven
Montreal

I post this willingly on a forum where several people think LA looks like Rome so... Any responses I have to take with a grain of salt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City