Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where ?
New York City 84 18.34%
Los Angeles 77 16.81%
Miami 91 19.87%
Las Vegas 11 2.40%
Dallas 34 7.42%
Chicago 18 3.93%
San Francisco 8 1.75%
Houston 30 6.55%
Atlanta 36 7.86%
Another 69 15.07%
Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:55 AM

43 posts, read 81,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
We make fired plantan all the time down here. Tacos???? Where CAN'T you find tacos? And I doubt NY tacos are on TX level. I eat beef paties ALL the time. I've eaten beef paties since I was like 4.They got empanadas down here to. In other words, EVERYTHING you guys eat up there, we have it down here.
Exactly!!! nycers act like florida isnt basiclly neighbors with the carribean!! haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Maybe on the east-coast Mexican chicks can't compare, but head west, and the game changes.
Yup.

Just cuz NY got all the fugly mexicans doesnt mean they dont dominate in CALIFORNIA

Old 06-11-2010, 12:02 PM

i love me some upper class L.A black girls...mmm , no harsh aaccents,no greasy azzes,and they have $$

Old 06-11-2010, 12:10 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,063,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
People in the south really arent that crazy about "Pizza and Bagels" honestly. Not like they are up north. Or should I say that its not as popular to the people down here. Its not even like "real" food to me. IMO Its more of a snack or whatever.

The only people I ever really hear talk of the quality of pizza and bagels are people from the north. Somebody from the south is more than likely to be like who cares...
Any reeason for the vast amount of pizza huts and dominos in the south than

Old 06-11-2010, 12:17 PM

pizza was made in italy anyways...a foreign country so stop acting like ny has some sort of stranglehold on it

Old 06-11-2010, 12:18 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Any reeason for the vast amount of pizza huts and dominos in the south than
The same reason for the vast amount of soul food places in the north.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,691,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

Old 06-11-2010, 02:00 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,146,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
The food here is still not what it is in NY. The bagels and pizza aren't good at all. And these are places from people from NY.
Well, some of the food isn't as authentic as how you'd find it in New York, but I've found a pretty good bagel and pizza spot that reminds me the most of being back home. Also, with all the Caribbean food you can pretty much find any Puerto Rican, Dominican, Jamaican, Cuban dish etc. in Miami just like NY. My mother's side is Italian, so I know good Italian food when I taste it. Theres this place down the block that makes some of the best cannoli's I've ever had, even better than some I've had in New Jersey.

Last edited by clean_polo; 06-11-2010 at 02:10 PM..

Old 06-11-2010, 03:14 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,063,528 times
Quote:
Since when?

And pizza in america is best in ny. We do have a stanglehold on it

Old 06-11-2010, 04:16 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,691,623 times
Quote:
OK ,but you said something along the lines of southerners not being as diverse or creative in their cooking compared to northerners.

and I don't have to show you because I clearly said I was taking to you and others, but K.O.N.Y said it and you cosigned.
if you were talking to me and others and talking about how we believe in the stereotype of southerners only cooking chitlins and whatever else then you should have left me out of that because i neither cosigned nor said thats all southerners cooked.

what i said and cosigned was that females in the south are not cooking the same types of food as females in the north (meaning nyc). what i said was that southerners eat more fatty foods than we do in nyc and do less walking. thats what i said.

what you got out of that is on you. when you addressed ppl believing in stereotypes of the south as far as soul food you should have left me out of it. why quote someone that has nothing to do with that??

thats like me quoting you right now and then talking about how its hot outside. it has nothing to do with what you said at all.
you didn't even quote anybody actually talking about how southerners cook soul food.

like you said, speak about what you know about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City