Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where ?
New York City 84 18.34%
Los Angeles 77 16.81%
Miami 91 19.87%
Las Vegas 11 2.40%
Dallas 34 7.42%
Chicago 18 3.93%
San Francisco 8 1.75%
Houston 30 6.55%
Atlanta 36 7.86%
Another 69 15.07%
Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:05 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,816,905 times

Advertisements

I'm not trying to be a homer (more of a devil's advocate really) but Minneapolis could get consideration simply because it has the largest ratio of natural blond Norweigian and Swedish women in the country, something that some guys really dig (i.e. most of my friends -- I'm a brunette fan myself).

Other than MN, I feel that Chicago (Italian and Polish) and Ohio (all) really had beautiful women -- at least in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,665,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Jersey Shore

More Jersey Shore

Store don't generally carry things that don't sell good

The license plate tells me this is Jersey

Need I go on?

I am not going to bother with the ignorance that is the rest of your post.

Mike having grown up in this area - these images are so much the outlier. I don't doubt they are taken there but i will also tell you this is no where close to the norm

Old 06-13-2010, 01:17 PM

8,488 posts, read 20,538,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
instead of skimming posts, you need to read every word in them.

you must have forgotten this post:

but you won't touch that post huh. rolleyes
I read every word of the post I responded to.

As far as the other post, there are numerous other cultures here and you do not need a restaurant for cultures to intermingle.
I never claimed I lived in the most diverse area but I do not live in a big city, in fact it is somewhat rural, and we still have a Filipino Grocery, a West Indian Grocery, a Korean Grocery, and a few more.
There would be no need for these stores if no one was utilizing them and makes your statement just plain ridiculous.

Quote:
my mom fries plantains, makes tacos, makes crazy italian dishes, we eat beef patties, she LOVES knishes, etc. etc.
my mom makes all types of caribbean food. empanadas? yup.

southerners are not making the type of food we're talking about.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:21 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,691,623 times
the restaurants were merely an EXAMPLE of the cultures represented in nyc.
nyc is the most diverse city on the east coast. queens is the most diverse county in the nation. our cultures connect with each other. ppl rub off on other ppl.

the amount of cultures that are represented in nyc ARE NOT represented in the south. the odds of a person being able to make the types of food that the other poster and myself were talking about are no where near what you would find in nyc, PERIOD.

anybody that can't understand that obviously hasn't been to nyc.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Mike having grown up in this area - these images are so much the outlier. I don't doubt they are taken there but i will also tell you this is no where close to the norm
I understand there is not going to be a large contingent of people wearing them but the poster I was responding to acted like it was an outrage for anyone to think someone in Jersey would have anything like it, at least that is what I got from his post.

Quote:
Right, because people in NJ wear confederate flags... (Insert sarcastic emoticon here)

Old 06-13-2010, 01:27 PM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
na, to some of these cd ppl from the south, especially a few posting in this thread, things that aren't the norm all of a sudden are, when it goes in their favor.

so right now, the NE has a bunch of rednecks running around with missing teeth and stars and bars clothing while the south is some sort of melting pot full of all types of ethnicities mingling with each other and sharing recipes.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:27 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I don't blame people saying their city a lot because it's their favorite city. I just think sometimes people go overboard lol it's all good though.
I've been to Miami and it doesn't beat Houston or New Orleans imo. I'm not being biased at all when I say that.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:28 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,028,608 times
Quote:
so if it was meant for others then you should have quoted others.
if you're going to quote me and talk about something i didn't even say that just says a lot about you.

next time quote whoever it is that you want to make a point against.

do not quote me and post about some ish i didn't say.
Actually; I was responding to you as well. You must have a hard time reading, but since you still haven't grasp what I was trying to say. I'll just leave it at this and move on. No need to discuss it.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:30 PM
eek

na you wasn't responding to me as well because you talked about soul food instead of what i actually said:

the south has a lot of ppl that eat fatty foods and they don't do as much walking as we do in the NE.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
the restaurants were merely an EXAMPLE of the cultures represented in nyc.
nyc is the most diverse city on the east coast. queens is the most diverse county in the nation. our cultures connect with each other. ppl rub off on other ppl.

the amount of cultures that are represented in nyc ARE NOT represented in the south. the odds of a person being able to make the types of food that the other poster and myself were talking about are no where near what you would find in nyc, PERIOD.

anybody that can't understand that obviously hasn't been to nyc.
Your post said that people in the south are not making the type of food you were talking about, those foods included Italian, Caribbean, West Indian, Mexican.

Now instead of presenting evidence to back up your claim you now say that NYC/Queens is the most diverse, etc etc. No one said they lived in a more diverse city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City