Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:35 PM

902 posts, read 2,774,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Wait forreal? I aint never heard that one before... I heard all of the others though. Personally I say Frisco & Sucka Free. Everybody I outside of the city who isn't white calls it frisco... I dont get why everybody on the board acts like its a crime against humanity for saying it. lol
Yeah but it isn't very common. I am not sure if he coined, but Cougnut said it all the time in his songs. And white people (hell I use it, although not often) call it frisco as well, but I know what you are saying, so many people get offended by it but there is no denying it as a nickname b/c it is used by so many. I almost always call it the city, the sco, or San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 08:26 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,603,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
San Antonio

Say-Town
Tex-Mex Capital
Alamo City
Mission City
Breakfast Taco Capital
San Antone (I hate this one.. locals never use it lol)

There's also Military City USA

Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 PM

404 posts, read 590,882 times
I'd like to add that people who aren't from here will just all it Kansas....even though it is the city of Kansas City, Missouri.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,090,952 times
Jacksonville, FL

Da Bang Em
Jack-N-Kill
Cracksonville
River City
Duval
J-Ville

Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,939,800 times
Washington, D.C.

-Capitol City
-News Capital of the World
-District of Crimez
-Murda Cap
-Deadly City
-Dread City

Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 PM

364 posts, read 713,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
Washington, D.C.

-Capitol City
-News Capital of the World
-District of Crimez
-Murda Cap
-Deadly City
-Dread City
Yall dont use Dodge City anymore??
And when did DC cats get on the dreads so heavy?? I remember when I was in high school and my basketball team played in a tourney out at Prince Georges Community College (this was like 2000 and like damn near my whole team had locks) all the cats from the local DC teams were callin us "mop heads" and trying to make jokes. Now it seems like all the little hoppers in DC got dreads..how funny it is to see how things change...lol

Dont get it twisted though, Im not calling yall biters because to be honest we bite the whole "dread head movement" in the A from those Miami cats back in the mid 90's.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM

65 posts, read 119,862 times
Minneapolis
Mill City
City of Lakes
Twin Cities (when referring to the area)

Rochester, NY

(I don't know the actual nicknames, but these are the ones I've actually heard and used)
Rochacha
Roch
Crotch-fester

Old 06-10-2010, 09:50 PM

6,615 posts, read 16,486,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotifa View Post
Minneapolis
Mill City
City of Lakes
Twin Cities (when referring to the area)

Rochester, NY

(I don't know the actual nicknames, but these are the ones I've actually heard and used)
Rochacha
Roch
Crotch-fester
Interesting you picked these two cities. Rochester's nickname used to be "Flour City", when it was the leading mill city in the nation. When Minneapolis took over as the #1 mill city, IT became the "Flour City". Rochester cleverly renamed itself the "Flower City". Something about some flower nurseries that flouished in the city in the late 1800s/early 1900s.

Also, re: Mpls, don't forget the name that the New York Times bestowed on it in the mid-90s, "Murderapolis" during the city's violent crack epidemic. Thank God those days are passed and the murder rate is below average (or closer to it, anyway!)

Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 PM

80 posts, read 197,848 times
Louisville, KY

Derby City
Slugger City
River City
Tha Ville

Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM

26 posts, read 69,192 times
Dayton, Ohio

The DYT(my personal favorite)
Gem City
The Bithplace of Aviation
The Cleanest in America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City