Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 08:13 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,315,618 times

Advertisements

Does anyone agree with Bill Maher's "Stupidest States Showdown" where he identifies what he considers the most stupid states in America. Currently his list is:
Texas
Alaska
Mississippi
Florida
Arizona
Kansas
Alabama
Utah

Right now, Maher is focused alot on Arizona. Does Maher have a point?

YouTube - Real Time with Bill Maher - "Stupidest State" Showdown [06/04/2010]

Last edited by Bo; 06-07-2010 at 12:32 AM.. Reason: Moved from General US. This is a competitive comparison with little value to those seeking relocation advice.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:30 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Does anyone agree with Bill Maher's "Stupidest States Showdown" where he identifies what he considers the most stupid states in America. Currently his list is:
Texas
Alaska
Mississippi
Florida
Arizona
Kansas
Alabama
Utah

I would've respected his list if he added California. Sorry, but California is about as stupid as the rest of those states.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:31 PM

23,299 posts, read 43,744,365 times
Who is he to make such a determination? He makes me sick.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:31 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,961,699 times
Just looking at Bill tells me who the stupidest person is. A combo of robot, nerd and tweeker all in one body. simply amazing. Makes me laugh to tell the truth.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:01 PM

3,377 posts, read 4,986,688 times
Bill Maher? Seriously? The guy is a blowhard hack!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 PM

9,429 posts, read 10,700,516 times
Bill Maher is motivated only by his drive to promote social and economic liberalism. To him any state that dares to pass laws which reflect the conservative/traditional values that are held by a majority of that states citizens must be a backward "stupid state". There are many others in the media like him, and they are making things much worse. The divide is growing in this nation, the two oppossing views of what this nation should be are not reconcilable. I dont even want to live in the same country as someone like Maher, and I sure dont think he is any kind of American. This nation is in for some serious times, and they are coming sooner than we think.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,040,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Texas
Alaska
Mississippi
Florida
Arizona
Kansas
Alabama
Utah

I'm a long time Bill Maher fan and I think it's been absolutely hilarious to follow this segment the last few weeks on his show. What's even funnier is how people on here are getting so bent out of shape when all he's doing is telling the truth about your states. Kansas is against the teaching of evolution in public schools, the governor of Texas threatened to secede from the Union, Mormons believe in magic underwear, Alaska elected Sarah Palin to the office of governor, Charlie Crist lost his primary race because he hugged Obama, Arizona outlawed ethnic studies programs in public schools, and Mississippi is, well, Mississippi. I could go on and on, but you get the point.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 PM

307 posts, read 797,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The divide is growing in this nation, the two oppossing views of what this nation should be are not reconcilable. This nation is in for some serious times, and they are coming sooner than we think.
I don't buy that. I believe there are some incredibly idiotic people on the left and right who screw things up for everyone because they: won't compromise, won't listen, purposefully mislead people about both their own intentions and those of their opposition, and downright LIE. Keep voting strictly Republican or strictly Democrat, that does nothing but help things stay the way they are. Idiots abound!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:33 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,445,585 times
Morgan Quitno's "smartest states" list would agree on some and disagree on others.

Smartest State 2006-2007

Maher, however, is almost certainly going purely on his ideological biases. So religious=stupid for him and socially-conservative=stupid. He also believes in a bunch of pseudo-scientific ideas on nutrition and vaccination, which I would deem "stupid" and maybe even dangerous.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:36 PM

3,377 posts, read 4,986,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I'm a long time Bill Maher fan and I think it's been absolutely hilarious to follow this segment the last few weeks on his show. What's even funnier is how people on here are getting so bent out of shape when all he's doing is telling the truth about your states. Kansas is against the teaching of evolution in public schools, the governor of Texas threatened to secede from the Union, Mormons believe in magic underwear, Alaska elected Sarah Palin to the office of governor, Charlie Crist lost his primary race because he hugged Obama, Arizona outlawed ethnic studies programs in public schools, and Mississippi is, well, Mississippi. I could go on and on, but you get the point.
Every state has problems, your state for example, produced Al Franken. Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City