Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 AM

10,071 posts, read 9,839,495 times

Advertisements

BK reminds me of Baltimore & Philly for some reason.... kinda rough around the edges type thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 12:35 AM

36,628 posts, read 67,146,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
BK reminds me of Baltimore & Philly for some reason.... kinda rough around the edges type thing.
rough around the edges, but still full of character, attracts lots of hipsters and yuppies, many of whom have money to burn but are more interested in the alter-ego of Manhattan living.

If that's what you mean then I totally agree.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
rough around the edges, but still full of character, attracts lots of hipsters and yuppies, many of whom have money to burn but are more interested in the alter-ego of Manhattan living.

If that's what you mean then I totally agree.
Thats exactly what i mean.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:34 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,330,381 times
Quote:
I dont think thats true. MOST people on this site hype NY so much its ridiculous. its Def. overrated, its a cool city tho.
most people who hype ny up the most are non new yorkers so how is it overrated? i never knew an opinion could be overrated.

but as for ny , ny is not overrated please explain how it is? and no please dont talk about the burger wrapper you saw on the floor

Old 06-08-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
thats a funny comparison , in brooklyn you do not see a whole block of boarded up homes sorry.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Led

145 posts, read 421,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
thats a funny comparison , in brooklyn you do not see a whole block of boarded up homes sorry.
Yeah apparently people take pride in their homes in the BK.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Take away Manhattan, and compare the rest of the boroughs to other cities.
um even without manhattan you can still compare nyc to other cities, and also no offense but you sound like a hater because i can say the same with chicago and say lets take out the city section, the loop and the north side.

same with baltimore i can easily say lets just use the west and east sections of baltimore, and as for l.a i can simply say lets compare east, and central l.a to other cities.

your post makes no sense no offense.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Im curious myself on how a bx+bk+si+qns only would fare against cities. Pretty well i think
to me staten is the only plain boring borough we have in nyc, but even if you took out manhttan and staten, i think brooklyn , queens and bronx would go well.

and also on a side note i think the diversity in nyc inst centered in Manhattan but more centered in the big three boroughs bx, bk , and queens.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:50 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,065,692 times
ya a city like that would still be the biggest in the US,with three pro sports teams, multiple retail centers,great housing stock,beaches,world class institutions(bronx zoo,brooklyn museum etc) and downtown bk could serve asa little financial center..interesting

Old 06-08-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
most people who hype ny up the most are non new yorkers so how is it overrated? i never knew an opinion could be overrated.

but as for ny , ny is not overrated please explain how it is? and no please dont talk about the burger wrapper you saw on the floor
First lemme say whats good? Havent had a debate with you in a minute. To answer your question, There are a number of reasons why i say that. People only this site make a big deal out of public transportion. Like having a car is a bad thing, I just think thats retarded. Next, as crowded as NY is (especially Manhattan), what do these apartment & tenament buildings look like on the inside. I mean to get 1.6 million people on a 23 sq/mile island, Space is def. being sacrificed. It seem like people have an exaggerated image of NY...thats just my opinion. And a Burger wrapper on the ground, come on, im from Baltimore you'll see alot more than a wrapper in tha ground.

Quote:
um even without manhattan you can still compare nyc to other cities, and also no offense but you sound like a hater because i can say the same with chicago and say lets take out the city section, the loop and the north side.

same with baltimore i can easily say lets just use the west and east sections of baltimore, and as for l.a i can simply say lets compare east, and central l.a to other cities.

your post makes no sense no offense.
Jordan, im not suprised it doesnt make sense to you, but NY, unlike the cities you just mentioned, are pretty much self-contained cities within a city.

And is that NYers can put down every other city and its OK, but when someone does it to NY, they're considered a "hater".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City