U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-24-2010, 11:22 AM

186 posts, read 308,968 times
Default Anyone in the San Antonio Texas area want to give their horse extra love and attention?

I am looking for someone with a horse or two who might not get to spend as much time with them as they'd like, and would like someone to give them extra attention. I have been a horse lover since I was very young, it is great therapy for me to be around them, even if just grooming or petting them!

I took English riding lessons when I was younger for a few years and have ridden Western as well. While it has been awhile, I am confident with being around horses.

Ultimately I would love to find someone who would like someone to exercise their horses as I love to ride. However, even if you just wanted me to visit and give attention to them every once in awhile I'd be happy just to hang out with them!

I am 23 years old and have a full time job. I would love to be able to visit your horse(s) on the weekends or after work around 5 or so. I am a very honest and open person who loves animals. Due to my work schedule they would have to be located in or very close to San Antonio. (I work as a contractor on Lackland AFB and live a few miles north of downtown).

I had an arrangement a few years back when I lived in San Marcos with a family with two horses. I would go over during the day, usually when they were still at work, and hang out with the horses, groom, and sometimes ride them... I got the pleasure of spending time with the horses while the owners got the satisfaction of knowing their horses were getting attention and love!

This may seem like an odd arrangement but I would love to have the opportunity to have a horse to visit, as just being around them makes me at peace. Spending one on one time with them takes me away from the stress of "life" and I love it. I wish I had the money to own and board a horse.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,867,006 times
Laura,

Have you considered becoming a volunteer at a horse rescue? Here's one in Pipe Creek that always needs help:

http://www.brighterdayshorserefuge.org/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads