Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2016, 04:36 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,374,083 times

Advertisements

First chance goes to City-Date folks;
These two cars are dad's last two restorations; he was a GM man all his life, starting with a 1927 Chev. and worked on all makes. There wasn't a drivetrain he couldn't rebuild in any vehicle.

One Olds is a Convertible and one a four door (light blue). Paint is a few years old, new top, both cars are close to showroom. Convert (creme color) has less than 98,000 miles and four door has less than 58,000. Both NOP Calif. cars and both clear title. Loads of extra chrome, as the four door was replaced with new, ordered from Canada.
These cars are complete.

Viewing/driving is in February, when I'm down to Los Angeles. Vehicles are dry garaged and good to go. For January I'm only listing in city-data; you've got first shot.

FYI; the Rochester carbs are setup for freeway run; you'd be surprised the mileage these tanks get!
message here for a picture package and include your location, phone, and schedule.
Cars MAY make the trip to Vegas or anywhere in southern/central California.

Price is BELOW TEN GRAND. Automatics on the tree; these are drivers, drive every weekend/day.
They are NOT muscle cars. If they were they'd be going to Barret-Jackson.
The 4 door is my favourite; you only need one drivers license for the entire band!
Sincerely,
thedwightguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 05:18 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Year/ make and Model??? Price for each car? Husband is a huge Oldsmobile fan. Do you have pictures?? He's very Knowledgeable on cars especially Olds.
the Rochester carbs are setup for freeway run, what do you mean by that? I assume the cars are rot and rust free??? Thanks. I am located LI NY

Old 02-06-2016, 12:17 PM

No response????

Old 03-08-2016, 02:58 PM

just returned from southern California straightening out a lot of things. Four buildings and the proverbial "old man's garage". Convertible will be consigned next trip to a broker in SCal. (hand mixed Azure Blue color) 365 HP. I suspect the 4 door may be the "Highway Patrol" model as it's HorsePower is much higher. HP was 390 HP.
Carbs are adjusted for max. efficiency as road cars at freeway speeds for best gas mileage.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
just returned from southern California straightening out a lot of things. Four buildings and the proverbial "old man's garage". Convertible will be consigned next trip to a broker in SCal. (hand mixed Azure Blue color) 365 HP. I suspect the 4 door may be the "Highway Patrol" model as it's HorsePower is much higher. HP was 390 HP.
Carbs are adjusted for max. efficiency as road cars at freeway speeds for best gas mileage.
Thanks I'll talk to my husband to see if he's still interested. If he is I'll send you my email.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:27 AM

I expect a market for these big block Oldsmobiles would be right where they are: California and the neighboring states. Smog is and has always been passed on these two cars. 4 door is under 72,000 miles, Convertible under 98,000. Send a private email for the photo package/address/schedule.

I should be down in late April/early May. (San Gabriel Valley, LA, Calif.)

Old 04-04-2016, 08:29 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
What kind of Olds? - Cutlass? Delta 88? 442? Vista (station wagon)? Toronado?
That's kind of important.

442s are in demand, you can get good money for, the others - not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads