Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 12:39 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,520,885 times

Advertisements

Rockport is an ocean town directly on the Gulf of Mexico and part of the Aransas County Independent School District. Rockport is located 25 miles north of Corpus Christi and there is never traffic to and fro.

Best known for its boating, nature and art, Rockport is an especially friendly - not very redneck town, where every street is safe to walk. Demographically it has quite a few wealthy people, some quite poor and not too many middle class. In the 40-55 population, males well outnumber females which is odd, but basically boating, fishing and construction attract males in a higher percentage than females.

The weather is supurb many winter days are for t-shirts and shorts and the dress here is casual. Summers are hot and humid like much of Texas, however there is an ocean breeze. Of course teachers are off summers. Air and water pollution is minimal and this area is especially environmentally concious.

Our school district always needs more good teachers although this is not meant to imply that our current teachers are not good- as they are.

The pay is decent for Texas, but understand there are no state income taxes and little commuting expenses or heating bills in Rockport.

I don't work for the schools, but I am a school board member hoping to bring more diversified teachers to our town, and I'm always hoping to attract top teachers.

Our Website is https://www.acisd.org/

The pic is my backyard but as Rockport stretches along the coast there are many similar views. The above opinions are my own.

Steve Fischer
Attached Thumbnails
Wanted Good Teachers - Rockport Texas-sky3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 PM

41 posts, read 57,304 times
You should do a search under the forum for "moving to texas". I've several teachers wanting to move to texas posting questions.
Good Luck!

Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,922 times
Hi there!
I'm an English Teacher in the secondary level, and I'm looking for a job as an English Teacher in the state of Texas. Do someone knows who do I need to contact? A couple of days ago I saw an announcement on tv that the state of Texas were looking for bilingual teachers. I'm from Puerto Rico and my teacher's license was issued here in Puerto Rico. Who do I need to contact? Can anyone tell me or give some info about it? If anyone knows something it can contact me through my personal email, which is: [email]wilfredomorell@yahoo.com[/email]. thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads