U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-16-2009, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,276 times
Default Lost Shih-tzu--Clinton, Tennessee

Last Saturday morning our little Shih-Tzu, ran out the door at the Fox Inn camp grounds on Anderson Highway,in Clinton, TN. We spent 2 hours looking all over the campgrounds and surrounding streets, knocking on doors and asking if anyone had seen our little Katie. We finally stopped at the store/gas station, Weigels, at the entrance to the camp grounds. I ask the young lady if she had seen a little Black and White dog. She had seen such a dOg about 15 minutes ago.

The lady ask me if she had a blue halter on and the answer was YES. She explained that a women had entered the store and picked up our little dog and left immediately a in a older red automobile. It appears Katie had gotten into the store looking for us or anyone who would befriend her. She loves everyone so when someone would call her she would run to them as quick as possible looking for more love.

I love this little dog and she means so much to me. We have called the store and they have our name and phone numbers in the event the lady would return looking for Katie's owner. We have also called the local paper and there will be a add this Saturday and next Saturday. We have also called the local dog pound. Needless to say, NO LUCK.

If you see her and can find it in your heart to hold onto her until we can come and get her I would appreciate it very much. WE live in Delaware, OH and would travel back there to get her. She has special markings so I can describe her very well and her vet has complete medical records to prove ownership and health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 01:13 PM

3,265 posts, read 6,050,671 times
I do hope you find your dog. Is she microchipped? I also recommend checking on Petfinders.com....The have free lost and found ads. You can do a search in your state or the state in which you lost her. You can also place a free "lost" classified ad on there. Good luck. I have 2 Shih-Tzus and would be completely devastated.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 PM

452 posts, read 1,033,931 times
VERY sorry about your situation; I know I'd be devastated too. GOOD LUCK and let us know....

Old 04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
ZSP

1,141 posts, read 2,080,752 times
Don't Give Up!!

Here is a link with lots of valuable information and other links to help you find your pet. Take advantage of each and every resource available to you.

Last year I witnessed a friend recover her Boston after he had been missing for almost two weeks. A guy had picked him up and was caring for him, but never thought to take him to a shelter or vet to see if he was chipped. One day, he passed a posted sign, with a picture, and realized it was of the dog he had. Happy ending there and I am praying and hoping there is one for you and your furkid too.

Best of luck and please let us know. I'm a long way from you, otherwise I'd help. I can post a pic of your baby on a few dog boards I belong to - just let me know.

Boston Terrier Links and Resources

Old 04-16-2009, 01:40 PM

5,503 posts, read 13,592,622 times
I hope you find her.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:47 PM

3,707 posts, read 7,782,720 times
I'm so sorry to hear this but I agree with the other posters, don't give up, hopefully whoever has her will realize she wasnt a stray and belongs to someone. Please contact your local shih-tzu rescue and email them photos of her, also offering a reward should help too, sometimes newspapers let people put ads in for free. Not long ago I read a story of someone who's chihuahua went missing (got out of the car in the middle of the nite unbeknownst to them til later), they felt much the same as you I'm sure, fortunately the person who found the dog contacted the police who gave them the owner's contact info and a couple of days later they had their reunion, they were just so thrilled. By any chance, was she microchipped or wearing current ID tags - ? Post also on Craigslist in the Pet and Lost/Found section in your area and where she went missing, a lot of people read the posts and want to help esp. if a sizeable reward is offered. Best of luck and please update when you can.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM

9,715 posts, read 23,387,476 times
OMG! I would be devastated. Sending good thoughts and vibes for her safe return. Can you possibly call the store and ask them if they would put up a flyer of her and your info? Even offer to pay one of their workers there a fee. I would also offer a reward if you can....Good luck...and please, keep us posted.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 PM
ZSP

1,141 posts, read 2,080,752 times
never mind

Last edited by ZSP; 04-16-2009 at 07:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads