Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 06:23 PM

35 posts, read 207,824 times

Advertisements

Greetings Cali!
I know this isn't the traditional way to seek employment but former NY'er now looking to relocate from the midwest (where iv'e been since Jan '08' to the Ventura area and just wanted to put it out there.

39, Bachelors degree in Finance.
Experience in Business Development, B2B,B2C, intangibles, sales management. Great salesperson. Personable, honarable.

Anyone know anyone who knows anyone who I can connect with?

Thanks in Advance!
Doug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM

35 posts, read 207,824 times
Just to color. Lived on Long Island, NY my whole life with the exception of OKC the last year and half. Drove here in January of 2008. Plan from the beginning was to get to California, but with the economy the way it was unwinding, quickly found work selling advertising here which was quite lucrative till the economy really started to turn mid 2008 and planted for a bit. Low costs and no traffic are very attractive. I'm an outdoors guy though, love Bass Fishing. Have fished some of the most renown lakes in the country and i can tell ya most of them are in California. Love the moderate weather of Ventura area and while the costs are about what costs are in LI I feel Cali has more alot more to offer for myself. Have learned to live modestly yet my ambition remains robust. I'm still single, no kids. Working on some other projects. Right now it all starts with getting to the Sunshine State.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:06 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,495,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doceddie View Post
Lived on Long Island, NY my whole life.......Right now it all starts with getting to the Sunshine State.
Come on out to California, there's always room for one more, especially someone from new york

Old 06-12-2009, 11:38 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,224,137 times
One good thing about the Ventura area is it is no where near the 5 so don't let the picture scare you of Interstate 5. That would be an hour away from the Ventura Oxnard area. Employment is a hard call at this time. I have heard that sales is doing well though, with many companies trying to move their products. Others would need to chime in for a brighter picture though. Haas automation is located in Oxnard and they may have a need. At the same time many of the CNC machines that they build used to head to the automakers. That has kind of dried up. Amgen is in thousand Oaks not sure what they need in the way of sales localy. Chances are they may need people in other areas and not here. The area does have plenty of possibilities though and it is a commute away from the LA area if needed.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:30 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,871,186 times
Get a Twitter account and add "Oxnard Jobs" to your contacts. They post several times each day, and not all the jobs are in Oxnard.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,048,813 times
Small businesses are emphasizing Internet sales and focusing on their web presence. Might consider some of the technology firms in Camarillo. Many small to medium sized businesses all over Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads