U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-25-2007, 08:20 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,031,570 times
I am posting this to help a buddy sell a home that he inherited from his mother (who was a great woman that was hosptialized and passed away).

It is located in Leesburg, Florida in a 55+ community called Mid Lake Estates. It is a double wide manufactured home, with 2 baths and 2 bedrooms and car port.

The price is $17,000 for the home itself. It is community property for which you would pay $430/month which includes property care, club house, game room with billiard tables, gym and a catering hall.

The price includes all furnishings and washer/dryer.

It would be ideal for someone that wants a low priced winter getaway or a permanent home. It's in good condition and in a very nice community. It's about 60 miles from Orlando and its attractions (Disneyworld, etc.)

This morning, the owner told me that he wants to drop the price to $12,000.

That is a good deal.

He feels that he is too far away to continue travelling there to take care of it.

Last edited by Marka; 05-29-2007 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: bump - read the rules, please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 PM

449 posts, read 765,977 times
Is that in Northern or Central Florida?? Is there a community pool?

Old 06-14-2007, 04:30 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,031,570 times
Default Location of leesburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen beach gal View Post
Is that in Northern or Central Florida?? Is there a community pool?
Hi jensen beach gal...It is located in central florida, Northwest of Orlando.

Orlando is about a 60 mile drive.

It is an interesting property. People that are familiar with manufactured home living would look at the positive side of the property.

It is low priced because it is an older manufactured double-wide (It's an early 1970's Ramada). But, it is in very good condition (new shingle roof, and other things, as the woman's family took good care of her and the house).

And, it is in a 50+ community in which some of the newer places are selling for about $100,000 ..So the prices are all over the place, according to location (if a place is on the water) and construction, etc....

So, it's the old question of having one of the lowest price houses in a nice community..And, the fact is, this is one of the original ones (thus the age of the home).

But, like I said, for the price you get all the furniture (You could probably recover a good part of the costs from a yard sale)...And, the place is in very good condition.

And, the community has two pools, a club house, game room, pool tables, catering hall - where they have some functions...

The monthly community charges are $430 - As the house is on community land. And, this fee includes property mainteneance, the facilities (pools, clubhouse, etc).

It's a good deal if you are looking to live in this type of community, or if you have someone you know that is retiring and looking to live in Florida (full time or part time).

My buddy is selling it as he lives in NYC, and it is impractical for him to travel there.

Let me know if you need more info, ..I can put you in touch with him...Though he is not one to sit down and peck at a computer keyboard (that's why I am posting this for him)..So, you would best speak to him by phone..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads