U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 08:33 PM
6 posts, read 6,930 times

I want to buy a used Toyota camry, Honda accord or Nissan maxima car. Later than 1997 and the milage less than 120k. At least good condition. White, gold, gray or black, dark green. One owner preferred and no more than two owners. If you want to sell your car, please contact me ASAP.
My address is 77030
My email: icejerry@126.com
MSN: icejerry@126.com
Thanks very very much.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Status: "The more you know, the further you'll go." (set 8 days ago)
3 posts, read 221 times
In regards to this subject, For the past 2 years I ran through 10 cars. Vision67 is right, timing chains are the common part people do not want to deal with. It can get really expensive like for example, a 2007 Cadillac CTS timing chain replacement cost $2000-$3000 if you do it yourself it will be $1,200. Timing belt are not the only common problem, transmission, catalytic converters, bad valves, worn piston rings which causes oil consumption, electrical problem and SALVAGED TITLE (possible structural damage) also can be a toll. NEVER TAKE PEOPLE WORD FOR IT! ''I put new brakes, new valve cover gasket, water pump, new thermostat, new timing chain, new serpentine belt, and new catalytic converter''. Don't fall for that same line crap! Right now I have a 2003 volvo s60 147k miles I just purchased 2 months ago. I paid $1500 so I can invest in it. First I look the car up on carfax found out from day one it was well taken care of and was owned by a immigration lawyer, so I know for sure this car has not been abused from a this single owner from day one. Common problems on this car are the transmission shifting which shifting hard and causing the transmission to fail. On carfax stated the transmission software has been updated three times at the dealer, so that situation has been resolved. Tires has been rotated, oil has been changed on a regular basis. Now knowing the history on this car, I see what needs to be replaced like the the water pump, Timing belt, catalytic convertor, 02 sensors, crank sensor, struts, bushings and etc. I already know I have to invest $500-$1000 into this car. But to me it is worth it because this is a keeper. But since the car was from outer state I missed one thing after I already purchased this car.... I forgot to inspect the title, it had a SALVAGED TITLE!!!!!! Couldnt believe I missed that! I slapped myself hard! Having alot of experience with cars being a mechanic, collision repair and a fabricator, I shamed myself. lol. Another thing, you have to look the car private selling value. If you buy a car for $3000 and have to invest $3000 in repairs, sums up to $6000 t but the car valued at $3500 and you may want to sell it one day, then you run into a lot of hassler who don't want to pay $3500, you end up selling it for $2700, then you lost $3,300. You have to be very causes on what you are buying, people are quick to sell there cars with issues and they already lost money so they want to get rid of it quick. They will act like there's nothing wrong or its a small problem but it is a big a costly problem. There's more to discuss but I want to cut it short here. If you want to learn more, let me hear your feedback. There's a lot of things I want to share that will educate you dealing with Automobile's.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads