Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 01:07 PM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post

I guess the rose colored glasses they wear never come off even for a minute. Which leads to my second point it's easier for these so called "Cleveland Lovers" to close their eyes to problems then to do something about them.
I know there is plenty wrong with politics. But it isn't just Cleveland. There is corruption everywhere. Good old Rod from Chicago (not even going to attempt to spell his name) selling a Senate seat? Really? Come on....
I honestly have no sympathy for Clevelanders crying about corruption. Note I said Clevelanders. People in the suburbs didn't vote Dimora into office AGAIN at the last election. I was floored when this POS was re-elected in 2006. I believe the entire county should get to vote in ALL CLEVELAND ELECTIONS. I have felt this way for years. When I lived in Lakewood why can't I vote for Cleveland's mayor? He will affect my city one way or another.
But it isn't just Cleveland. This sh... stuff happens everywhere. The difference between Cleveland and other cities? They got caught here. Period.
Chicago was named the windy city because of corrupt politicians back in the 20's... not because it is windy there.

There are lousy politicians everywhere. I am so disgusted with politics in general, I want to just scrap the entire system and start over. I flat out refuse to vote for ANY incumbent anymore. I have had it.
But the sheep in Cleveland just keep voting for those nimrods again and again and again.

No rosy glasses here, dear.

Cleveland is a great city, not because of, but in spite of our leaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 01:15 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I know there is plenty wrong with politics. But it isn't just Cleveland. There is corruption everywhere. Good old Rod from Chicago (not even going to attempt to spell his name) selling a Senate seat? Really? Come on....
I honestly have no sympathy for Clevelanders crying about corruption. Note I said Clevelanders. People in the suburbs didn't vote Dimora into office AGAIN at the last election. I was floored when this POS was re-elected in 2006. I believe the entire county should get to vote in ALL CLEVELAND ELECTIONS. I have felt this way for years. When I lived in Lakewood why can't I vote for Cleveland's mayor? He will affect my city one way or another.
But it isn't just Cleveland. This sh... stuff happens everywhere. The difference between Cleveland and other cities? They got caught here. Period.
Chicago was named the windy city because of corrupt politicians back in the 20's... not because it is windy there.

There are lousy politicians everywhere. I am so disgusted with politics in general, I want to just scrap the entire system and start over. I flat out refuse to vote for ANY incumbent anymore. I have had it.
But the sheep in Cleveland just keep voting for those nimrods again and again and again.

Rep for you!

Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 PM

142 posts, read 355,049 times
Quote:

That would be wonderful. When a large % of voters are poor and uneducated, the right candidates probably won't end up in office. Corruption and incompetency definitely hinder the growth of Cleveland. Unfortunately it seems you'll always end up with one or the other unless you expand the voting boundaries.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:00 PM

36 posts, read 58,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I mean, I hate the cold and snow, but our summers are great.
I don't think hot, humid, stifling air where you have to be in air conditioning or immersed in a pool to be comfortable, counts as great summer weather.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:37 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,630,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabombina View Post
I don't think hot, humid, stifling air where you have to be in air conditioning or immersed in a pool to be comfortable, counts as great summer weather.
Hmm, you must hate summer everywhere then. It's quite comfortable and nice in the summer. Of course it's hot, but that typically comes with the summer months.

I have a hunch that you a habitual complainer.

Cleveland spring/summer/early fall are beautiful times of the year and quite enjoyable.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:44 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,315,809 times
Quote:
Well, the vast majority of the United States has summer weather that's as bad as, or worse than, Cleveland. So where are you gonna go?

Weather is the least of Cleveland's problems.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:

My kind of weather. Summer is SUPPOSED to be hot, and it's about time that we had a hot summer! Last summer was more like an extended spring that went right into fall. I hope it stays warm right through October as the Weather Channel predicted for this region earlier in the month.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:44 AM

458 posts, read 1,223,302 times
Quote:

Very well said and true

Old 08-30-2010, 07:11 PM

102 posts, read 198,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Well, the vast majority of the United States has summer weather that's as bad as, or worse than, Cleveland. So where are you gonna go?

Weather is the least of Cleveland's problems.

Amen to that. People act like Cleveland is the only place in the U.S. that goes through the four seasons and gets snow.

Look at all the Nor'Easters that pound New England and NYC on a yearly basis.

Its just that age old wives tale that is actually perpetuated by Clevelanders themselves more than anything.

Why? I have no idea, maybe they need to travel more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland