Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:01 AM

6 posts, read 7,772 times

Advertisements

I'm currently residing in Pennsylvania and considering a position with The Cleveland Clinic and need to better understand the commute times. Can you please respond with commute information for the following areas? Willoughby Hills, Chardon, Munson, Russell, Pepper Pike, Moreland Hills, and Solon? I'm looking for length of commute, approximate time of day, method (car or light rail), and route. Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 08:10 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,478,917 times
All those places you can completely forget about light rail, that is for sure. Everything else drive time is about a half hour, with the places in Geauga County (Chardon, Munson, Russell) probably closer to an hour. It would behoove you to move closer if you are worried about commute times.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:01 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,258,827 times
Is there any reason why you want to move so far away? To be closer to PA?

Light rail only runs through Shaker Hts and Cleveland on the Eastside (and East Cleveland...but don't move there) There is no direct stop by the Cleveland Clinic, the closest stop is the REDLINE stop at Cedar-E.105, on the extreme edge of Little Italy. It would be about a 5 block walk from there.

The "Healthline" goes to the Clinic, but it's a BRT Line, and only connect the Clinic to Downtown and the rest of University Circle.

Of the places you mentioned 35 min - 50 min drive. Rush hour, add about another 10-20 min.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:48 PM

420 posts, read 1,038,911 times
Default I think more info is needed

Are you going to be working at the main campus on Euclid Avenue in
Cleveland ? or an other site of The Cleveland Clinic ? While all of the cities / townships are considered eastside of the City of Cleveland How did you decide those are the areas you would commute from ,all are very different , you listed three different counties all considered part of
the Greater Metro Area . Lake ,Geauga, and Cuyahoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyferg View Post
I'm currently residing in Pennsylvania and considering a position with The Cleveland Clinic and need to better understand the commute times. Can you please respond with commute information for the following areas? Willoughby Hills, Chardon, Munson, Russell, Pepper Pike, Moreland Hills, and Solon? I'm looking for length of commute, approximate time of day, method (car or light rail), and route. Thanks for your help!!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:27 AM

Thanks for the light rail information! We are looking for a rural/surburban area with a good school district to raise our two young children. The areas I listed before were suggested for the school district ratings.

I do have parents in Erie that I'll need to "check in" on frequently, too. Sounds like we need to consider the west and southwest in order to cut down on the commute.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:29 AM

We are looking for a rural/surburban area with a good school district to raise our two young children. The areas I listed before were suggested for the school district ratings. I do have parents in Erie that I'll need to "check in" on frequently, too. Sounds like we need to consider the west and southwest in order to cut down on the commute. Any suggestions? What are the commute times in the Independence and Seven Hills area like?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:30 AM

The job offer is at the main campus on Euclid.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:04 AM

[quote=sandyferg;15550903]Thanks for the light rail information! We are looking for a rural/surburban area with a good school district to raise our two young children. The areas I listed before were suggested for the school district ratings.

quote]

Here's a map of the lightrail...it doesn't really reach out to the "rural/surburban" areas.

http://www.riderta.com/pdf/maps/System_Map_Rapid.pdf (broken link)

The only good school that have lightrail access is Shaker Hts. which ironically is only a 10 min drive to the Clinic: Shaker Heights, Solon lead Greater Cleveland with most National Merit Scholar semifinalists | cleveland.com

I'm thinking you're looking for something for rural though. What comes to mind right away is Chagrin Falls and Solon.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
We are looking for a rural/surburban area with a good school district to raise our two young children. The areas I listed before were suggested for the school district ratings. I do have parents in Erie that I'll need to "check in" on frequently, too. Sounds like we need to consider the west and southwest in order to cut down on the commute. Any suggestions? What are the commute times in the Independence and Seven Hills area like?
If you're thinking West or Southwest, I would recommend Brecksville-Broadvew Hts.

The commute will get much worse if you look west or southwest, and I really don't see a need for it.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:41 PM

420 posts, read 1,038,911 times
Default Now that it is the main campus

While this may not help completely in your case , I do know
that The Clinic has a shuttle service from the Municipal Public Parking Lots that are adjacent to the Shoreway (Route 2/ 90) in the downtown area and the shuttle takes them to the campus (employees)
Quote:
The job offer is at the main campus on Euclid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland