Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 04:27 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,250,245 times

Advertisements

Cleveland has been becoming more and more of a "foodie" destination lately, and now add this one to the list:

Food Network Magazine has named Cleveland's Westside Market as the nation's "Best Food Lovers' Market" in its September issue.

America's Best: Top Ten Destinations : ABOUT US : Food Network (http://www.foodnetwork.com/about-us/americas-best-top-ten-destinations/index.html - broken link)

Also, Michael Symon made part of their cover with his "Labor Day Pork and Slaw" recipe:

Food Network Magazine : Recipes and Cooking : Food Network
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 07:30 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,608,040 times
No suprise here. If you have been to the place, you can see why it is ranked #1.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:27 AM

13 posts, read 29,094 times
+1 for Cleveland

Old 08-15-2010, 04:50 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,889,954 times
I just got back to Cleveland from the East Coast, and I may have to agree. I've been checking out some markets out there in my free time and am going back out there again shortly, the Westside Market is definitely one of the best.

Great to see some positive press for a change!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:24 PM

13 posts, read 38,028 times
totally agree...west side market has been around a longgggggggggggg time....can't wait to get back to cleveland...

Old 08-25-2010, 07:44 AM

16,479 posts, read 19,512,945 times
We go at least once a month, sometimes twice. We like the fresh veggies and the meat counters and of course OHIO CITY PASTA! Best ravioli in town.

We have breakfast at the cafe and then wander around to our usual stops. Some times we treat ourselves to the homemade cupcakes. THE BOMB!
Then we stop at the square across the street for a few minutes on our way out to see what band is playing.

It's the cats pajamas in the warm months.

Pics for your enjoyment.

The clock tower and the side entrance to the cafe.
Attached Thumbnails
Cleveland's Westside Market named best in America by Food Network-2010-06-19-11.28.43.jpg   Cleveland's Westside Market named best in America by Food Network-2010-06-19-11.27.31.jpg  

Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 PM

13 posts, read 38,028 times
you never know how much you love a town until you're away from up, lol.......I can't wit to get back to cleveland, and the west side market.....I live in idaho where they don't even know what a corn beef sandwich is......ITS TIME TO GET BACK TO CLEVELAND, lol..............

Old 08-25-2010, 05:12 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,611,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
We go at least once a month, sometimes twice. We like the fresh veggies and the meat counters and of course OHIO CITY PASTA! Best ravioli in town.

We have breakfast at the cafe and then wander around to our usual stops. Some times we treat ourselves to the homemade cupcakes. THE BOMB!
Then we stop at the square across the street for a few minutes on our way out to see what band is playing.

Wow, I just had Ohio City Pasta.. btw do you know any other vendors for it? I've seen it an Heinen's but wondered if anywhere else carried it
\

Old 08-26-2010, 08:33 AM

16,479 posts, read 19,512,945 times
Actually I know quite a bit about Ohio City Pasta. I am a huge fan. haha
No place I am about to mention has the full selection that the Market has. So it is hit or miss.

Heinens
Whole Foods
Some other grocery store I can't recall right now. Not really in our area.

They also set up at local farm markets with an even more limited selection.
Crocker Park, Shaker Square and the Kamms Corner/Westpark farmers market.

They never have the ravioli I like at Kamms though, so I just get pasta if I didn't make it to the Westside market.

/Checked the webstie.
Buehlers' Grocery store? Never heard of them.
Odd they don't list Kamms, but trust me they are there every week. Just started recently so maybe that's why.
Where Can I Buy Ohio City Pasta?

I also like that I can buy SINGLE CHICKEN BREASTS. At the grocery stores it seems like it is always packaged in 3's. Why is that? We usually wind up cooking the 3rd for the family dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: