U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2010, 08:20 AM

117 posts, read 214,510 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

New to Cleveland,in my mid 20's, i've been here about 3 months. I got a job in research, I can honestly say I like Cleveland. I'm from CA, I fit in more here than I did there. I'm the hard-working type, not to mention people here don't really give a damn about looking high class on a Tuesday night heading to the bar (i'm not knocking Cleveland, i'm knocking CA.)

My one question, to everyone who will read, is where do young people go? Particularly, single women. I've been to W. 6th (very fun, and do realize people that what's going on in W. 6th happens in LA as well, with the so called racal tensions, funny b/c when i'm there everyone is having a good time.)

I guess what i'm trying to ask is where do single women go? my thought process is some ladies will respond to this and help me out? Guys your input is welcome as well

Thanks to everyone for their future input, I appreciate it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 AM

12,598 posts, read 14,757,057 times
It would help if you tell us where you live.
I wish people would use the location field.

We aren't going to tell you to go to Crocker Park in Westlake if you live in Solon.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM

117 posts, read 214,510 times
Great point about the location field

I moved in Westlake, boss actually had a vacant apartment, that he's rented out to me till I find a place.

Crocker Park is beautiful, just not my style a little to upscale. I'm young I will pretty much go anywhere.

I'm looking to move into Lakewood nice housing from what i've seen. Hope that helps, THANKS

Old 09-07-2010, 10:02 PM

7 posts, read 60,655 times
I strongly recommended you get the Horizon magazine book. You can find it in many barbershops,hairsalons, or hair stores in the Cleveland area. It has all the bars and clubs, such as Club Alure (Dwntwn), Jacks or Tino's (Clevlnd Hts),The Madison Avenue, Club Envy, Blue Rock Lounge, and etc. But w.6 is usually where it's at most of the time, just have to find the right night to go. The Horizon magazine will tell u what nights bars and clubs do what(ex. Monday-Ladies night, Tues.Double Night). Hope that helps.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:55 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,064,219 times
Tremont, Lakewood, W.6th, E.4th, Coventry.. those seem to be the big ones. Of course there are random bar areas all over the region.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:11 AM

3,844 posts, read 8,341,569 times
I would rank for low 20's:

1) Coventry
2) Lakewood (people need to recommend the best areas/bars since I'm an eastsider, but everytime I've went, it's been young and fun for the most part)
3) Downtown (W.6th/E.4th/Public Square -- meaning Bar Room at Cadallac ranch mostly/Flats -- meaning Shooters)
4) Ohio City (ABC Tavern, Bar Cento, Bier Market, Old Angle, Bars & Clubs in Ohio City | Metromix Cleveland
5) Tremont http://cleveland.metromix.com/facets...t_side.tremont

Old 09-09-2010, 12:33 PM

2,405 posts, read 3,656,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andremclippers View Post
Hey Everyone,

New to Cleveland,in my mid 20's, i've been here about 3 months. I got a job in research, I can honestly say I like Cleveland. I'm from CA, I fit in more here than I did there. I'm the hard-working type, not to mention people here don't really give a damn about looking high class on a Tuesday night heading to the bar (i'm not knocking Cleveland, i'm knocking CA.)

My one question, to everyone who will read, is where do young people go? Particularly, single women. I've been to W. 6th (very fun, and do realize people that what's going on in W. 6th happens in LA as well, with the so called racal tensions, funny b/c when i'm there everyone is having a good time.)

I guess what i'm trying to ask is where do single women go? my thought process is some ladies will respond to this and help me out? Guys your input is welcome as well

Thanks to everyone for their future input, I appreciate it.
Yes, people do need to realize that. I think people also need to think about whether the Plain Dealer might be orchestrating a deliberate siege on the Warehouse District because they're in bed with the Wolsteins and/or the corporations that will be setting up shop on the Wolsteins' property on the East Bank. The amount of attention given to a minor disagreement between security and drunken knuckleheads is beyond laughable (and really embarrassing for a major metro daily), and makes me think something else is up.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:38 PM

142 posts, read 322,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Yes, people do need to realize that. I think people also need to think about whether the Plain Dealer might be orchestrating a deliberate siege on the Warehouse District because they're in bed with the Wolsteins and/or the corporations that will be setting up shop on the Wolsteins' property on the East Bank. The amount of attention given to a minor disagreement between security and drunken knuckleheads is beyond laughable (and really embarrassing for a major metro daily), and makes me think something else is up.
lol? you seem to be grasping at straws and trying to make something out of nothing (which, oddly enough, you accuse the PD of doing).

Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 PM

2,405 posts, read 3,656,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes440 View Post
lol? you seem to be grasping at straws and trying to make something out of nothing (which, oddly enough, you accuse the PD of doing).
Hey, they're a business, they don't do things for no reason. I tend bar downtown. I know that the Warehouse District "racial issues" are being blown way out of proportion. The question is, "why?" I offered one possible explanation, and I'll leave it that and let this thread get back on track.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Yac

6,020 posts, read 6,863,455 times
Yes, getting back on track is a good idea
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland