Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:58 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,861,559 times

Advertisements

This is what you get with a city controlled by bleeding-heart liberals who are soft on crime.

I totally agree with SeabeeBolt, in his comments above. Wherever law enforcement is lacking or non-existent, it's up to alert and vigilant citizens to protect themselves and their families from violent criminals.

It's tragic and outrageous that society in a city like Cleveland has reached this point. But I reiterate, when you have insane public policies like letting murderers, rapists and junkies off easy for their crimes, respect for the law goes out the window and chaos is the result.

Semper vigilo, fortis et paratus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,808 times
For argument of clarification on what took place July 4th in Cleveland was due to neighbors not getting along with each other and an unstable rogue citizen... (BTW, <<< this idiot that did the killing spree, was a Cleveland Firefighter) took the law into his own hands and murdered all these people for NOTHING other than having a short fuse!...no pun intended.

And now he will sit and rot in a jail cell for murder. Tsk, Tsk... I guess it pays not to take the law into your own hands!

Old 07-09-2007, 04:38 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
If the cavs would of won the Championship none of this would of ever happened......lol i dont know if thats true but people would be happier if we finally won a championship.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,139,353 times
Cool What Law?

That dip-stick didn't take the law in his own hand, he went on a killing spree. To protect your life and the life of another by use of deadly force when it is A) Logical, B) Necessary, and C) Practical. This is how the law reads here in Ohio and most other states. Not to go out and blow-away your neighbors just because you don't like them or have a problem with them.
Now if a person breaks into my home in the middle of the night, sure I'm going to send a few rounds of hot lead their way, and hope that I send them strait to H#LL.! And hopfully by doing so I will save the life of another person in the future, the dirtbag may try to hurt someone else.
So in my little scenario citybythebay, it will pay to take the LAW into my own hands.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:22 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,808 times
Cool Premeditated murder?

You, nor I, know if it was premeditated. So to say he went on a killing spree is up for the judge and jury to decide. BTW, I'm not defending the guy.

BUT this brings me to my point... instead of him calling the police to settle whatever provoked him on July 4th,...*I've heard different stories...one was that the other drunk neighbors were setting off fireworks directed towards his house*...but whatever it was, he decided to take it on himself instead of picking up the phone and filing a report and have the police follow up.

I wouldn't hesitate to call the police for one split second...it also helps to have one or two in the family...

Hence the words I used to describe the guy ^^^...unstable 'rogue' citizen...and the pathetic thing about that is too many jacka$$es like him own guns!
Just a time bomb waiting to go off...and NO, I am not an anti-gun freak....so let's just get that out of the way now.

At any rate....I digress....

It's totally a different principle to defend yourself with a firearm and that you have 'just cause' to do so... I'm glad your little scenario{{your words, not mine }} is working out for you, SeabeeBolt...

Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 AM

Cool The Law ?

Your right that its up to a judge and jury at this piont now citybythebay. And as for both parties, it did get well out of hand, due to alcohol, as the old saying goes "for instant a$$hole, just add alcohol".

To often people don't think before they react and someone else takes the brunt of their anger. When you add a gun to the equation all h#ll brakes loose. Then you have those that use a gun just to show others how bad they are, or just because they're idiots.

I think that Texas has the best law for dealing with people like this. "If two or more identify you as the one that committed the violent crime (murder) , then you go to the chair". Some call it the EXPRESSLANE .
I'm not what you would call a vigilante, I just believe in protecting my loved ones, others (evan if I don't know them) and myself. Not property, because that can be replaced.

Guns don't kill ! Its the Dumba$$ behind the trigger that does the killing.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM

53 posts, read 204,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post

Guns don't kill ! Its the Dumba$$ behind the trigger that does the killing.

Unfortunately, our society doesn't have a way to prevent those that shouldn't own a gun from having them.
I propose that if you add your IQ to your number of years of post secondary education and can't get a double digit number, then you should be outlawed from having a gun. That would take care of much of Cleveland. That doesn't, however, solve the problem of the black market.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Cool Good Idea !!!!!!!!!!!

I love your idea dweller . Now if we could only get the idiots in charge to go along with it. That would count about 2/3rds of Clevelands population out of ever owning a handgun or any other type of firearm. But the only problem with it I see is, about half of the Cleveland city cop would would be in that equation. And postal workers too.

Did you see in the news were a town mayor in PA wants to bad handguns in his town. But can't do it because PA is a common health state. So now he wants to sue the state to allow him to band handguns. What an idiot, can you just imagine the ruckus that would start with all the hunters. They won't be happy campers.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
On Cleveland.com it said that if the crime keeps up for the rest of the year Cleveland will surpass last years number of murders and reach 130 murders and if it gets much higher then that the city could set a new record. This is really bad seeing that just 3 years ago there was only 78 murders. A couple days ago 3 people in Cleveland got killed in one night almost as bad as independence day. sad to see this happening but Cleveland will always be my favorite big city.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:59 AM

332 posts, read 2,251,855 times
The thing about it though is its criminals killing criminals. The people that died this last time around all had extensive rap sheets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland