Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:06 AM

6 posts, read 9,463 times

Advertisements

Why so defensive/angry? Instead wouldn't you be happy I'm leaving?

No, just frustrated with personal attacks for having an opinion which I am entitled to. Nothing is absolute, words like Always and Never I don't believe in so naturally one could assume that by my statement of "perhaps it is my demographic (under 40) that are the most frustrated with this city" I would be generalizing, there are exceptions in every case and I am glad that you happen to be where you want to be and love it. Congrats!

Some people move to a city because they are minors at the time, the parents choice really. I could do my degree work somewhere else one could argue you are correct, I would like to finish the program I started though, yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 12:18 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,173,361 times
Who's angry? Why not just answer the question or ponder the suggestion rather than project your rationalization? Anyone who can feel so dejected by cloudy days would do well by that.

Personal attacks? Where? Maybe it's you who's a little on the defensive, no?

Why did you even start it here? Furthermore, why would you buy a house in an area you loathe?

Old 01-27-2011, 02:49 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Jilly View Post
I apologize if I came off rude Peregine, that is never my intention.

Cheers. Mine either.

Quote:
I am just a sun lover so I notice too, when visiting warmer states out west or south the way the sun shines is clearly different- my observation.
I am a sun worshipper, too. I even pray to Mother Nature and not some mythical dude in the sky. -->

I just don't let the weather get me down. Ever.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:46 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,668,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have not read all the posts, so forgive me if I repeat. I just moved from NE Ohio after 40 years in the Cleveland area, and although Cleveland has a lot of potential, it has lacked energetic and young progressive ideas. Chicago and Milwaukee have successfully used their lakefronts to good advantage, while those in charge in Cleveland have consistently failed to do so.
IMO, too many years of Democrats micromanaging and killing incentive, and a union mentality.
... Because, of course, Chicago and Milwaukee are hot beds of Republican and/or Teabaggin' -ism.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:37 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
Yes, I'm so glad I left Cleveland for Chicago, where there isn't a "union mentality!"

Old 01-29-2011, 11:06 PM

Nope. No unions in Chicago. Nowhere, no how...never. Red all the way... Milwaukee too.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:31 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Jilly View Post
Why so defensive/angry? Instead wouldn't you be happy I'm leaving?

No, just frustrated with personal attacks for having an opinion which I am entitled to. Nothing is absolute, words like Always and Never I don't believe in so naturally one could assume that by my statement of "perhaps it is my demographic (under 40) that are the most frustrated with this city" I would be generalizing, there are exceptions in every case and I am glad that you happen to be where you want to be and love it. Congrats!

Some people move to a city because they are minors at the time, the parents choice really. I could do my degree work somewhere else one could argue you are correct, I would like to finish the program I started though, yes?
Don't worry about it, he's always angry when someone posts the truth about Cleveland, or gives opinions. I like Cleveland but like other cities it has it's share of problems. You can't work on them if you're a cheerleader and refuse to see the problems.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 01-30-2011 at 07:46 AM..

Old 07-21-2011, 05:40 PM

28 posts, read 101,565 times
I just got a job offer in Cleveland and can't wait to get there. I'm originally from California but have lived all over the country, most off my time in Cali, & Colorado. For the past 3 yrs i've been in Indianapolis and really hated it, Louisville Kentucky was a much cooler town than Indy IMO.
So when work slowed down in Indiana i got the bright idea i would come down to Texas and Oklahoma to work, when I leave here next week I will never set foot in either state as long as i live.
I first became interested in Cleveland from Food Network, so many of my favorite shows on there like "Diners, drive-ins and dives" and "My favorite things" kept featuring all these great places in Cleveland. I did become a big Colts fan in Indy but i'm ready to pull for the Browns now.
Cleveland and Ohio have such a rich history, top notch performing arts and museums, not to mention being a great sports town. You think Cleveland sucks? go spend some time in Dallas, Oklahoma City and even Austin now days, I was just there 2 months ago for a week, turned the job down and didn't look back, I won't get into the reasons why, just let me say i'm in construction and felt like i had left the country
Can't wait to check out the West side market and get some of that killer beef jerky, and be able to shop at Trader Joes and Whole Foods again. Here in Oklahoma city if you mention organic they think your a communist or something.
I look forward to starting a new life in Cleveland, I have no doubt your city will make a comeback and win a Championship, it never seems to fail, every time I move to a city one of their sports teams wins a championship.....cheers!!!!!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:38 PM

191 posts, read 442,449 times
Thanks for the kind words about our fair city GG74K and congratulations on your new job here. Look forward to having another positive person in the city.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:30 AM

Pfft.... another cheerleader. Just wait until you get here and see the cost of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland