Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 12:50 PM

5,500 posts, read 9,446,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Oh well see ya! The type of people you describe would spend most of their time in a walkable city anyways, which Ohio cities are not known for. I don't really care why you cannot drive, but if you put it to a vote, the majority of people I guarantee would vote an overwhelming no on a train. (unless you get a time machine to transport everyone to 1920) If we must tick off 46 people because we didn't build a machine to take me to Columbus in twice the time, so be it! The federal government can disperse the money elsewhere.

It basically boils down to that I don't feel I should have to subsidize you not driving. Before you point out that the government subsidizes roads, that is true. But everyone uses the roads! Everyone! 46 people would use this train! Not a lot of people. We shouldn't subsidize something that is: GUARANTEED to lose money, going to appeal to less than 2% of the population, and gets me there in twice the time? Just because someone gives you money to build a garbage dump next to the old folks home, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
I don't even know where to begin replying to this nonsense.

So, I guess I'm done replying to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 03:44 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,608,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I don't even know where to begin replying to this nonsense.

So, I guess I'm done replying to you.
It's always best to avoid the trolls.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:59 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,360,942 times
Dumbest idea lately. Hopefully this project never comes around again. Really, a 35 MPH train to Cincy?!?!? Yeah cuze nobody here has cars and if you do not have a car for whatever reason, go move into a city that has real subways like NYC or Chicago.. Next I hope the derail the other dumb project...medical mart.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:03 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,617,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Ugh, Kasich is a dictator, not a governor!
He is Ruppert Murdochs chosen one

Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,608,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Dumbest idea lately. Hopefully this project never comes around again. Really, a 35 MPH train to Cincy?!?!? Yeah cuze nobody here has cars and if you do not have a car for whatever reason, go move into a city that has real subways like NYC or Chicago.. Next I hope the derail the other dumb project...medical mart.
The medical mart? Are you kidding me? Get ready to get chewed out for that. I mean it's fine to have your own opinion and all, but the way you think you have knowledge on things is interesting. Whatever on the 3C, Ohioans aren't educated on trains AT ALL. So your response is typical. But really with the medical mart. Why do you hate it so much?

BTW, it is pretty much a go anyway.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,143,842 times
Eh, it's obvious that "todd" didn't read the thread and nor does he/she care to.... It's just another ignoramus or a flat out troll. Don't take the bait.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,771,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Eh, it's obvious that "todd" didn't read the thread and nor does he/she care to.... It's just another ignoramus or a flat out troll. Don't take the bait.
Look what he does in the Jersey forums , causes chaos and spreads lies

Old 11-23-2010, 10:59 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,143,842 times
...and is over 30, has pet hair on every piece of clothing he owns (2-3 outdated outfits, tops), eats dollar store snack cakes for dinner, and lives in his mother's basement.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,699,192 times
Everybody calm down and stop with the personal jabs. Focus on the topic, not each other. And leave it up to the mods to decide who is a troll.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland