U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:48 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,547,992 times

Advertisements

im sure glad we have a new county govt.. Six Democratic Cuyahoga County Council members meet privately Friday, agree to .. Cuyahoga County Democratic Party chief calls last Friday's council get-togethe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 05:16 PM

709 posts, read 1,551,250 times

Hey didn't the PD endorse that donally lady????

Old 12-09-2010, 05:07 AM

yes the peedee did. what a shame. no wonder this area is a joke when it comes to politics.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 AM

709 posts, read 1,551,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
yes the peedee did. what a shame. no wonder this area is a joke when it comes to politics.
WOW,...you're right

Old 12-09-2010, 04:50 PM

3,982 posts, read 5,771,594 times
So, do you really think that the Republican contingent didn't do the exact same thing? The only reason the PD reported this was to take the focus off of the other side. It's a common ploy at the provider of our daily fishwrap. The meeting was neither criminal nor unethical. Quite simply, the endorsers of this overhaul of county government are throwing a hissy fit because the results were not as expected.

I just listened to that cow Trivisonno bellyache about this same thing. When idiots like that are mad about something, you know that you must have done something right.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:57 AM

cleveland-collector, im could give a rats azz about the party. thats the problem, no one votes for the best canidate they vote along a party ticket. and if you dont think its wrong what they did, good for you.. but i am pissed this crap goes on and on .. "its non of the peoples business" was a comment by a new canidate. oh really?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:14 AM

C. Ellen Connally suggests that "no wrong was committed. ... Leadership is not the public's business," now is that the leadership you want cleveland-collector? because in my world, ANY so-called public servant like this should be booted !

Old 12-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Well, if you care about Democrats having an organizational meeting and have no problem with Republicans having one, it's fairly obvious that you have partisan tendencies.

And, she was right in saying that no wrong was committed as none was. She's also right that organizational meetings aren't really the public's business.

I was against this county government revamp from the beginning as I knew what it would become: another partisan pissing contest. The election is 5 weeks old and all I hear about is how horrible it is that the Democrats will control both the executive seat and the council and that they're now being sneaky about holding their own internal organizational meetings. How about letting them be inaugurated and actually do something worth criticizing before you and the PD start whining like little schoolgirls?

Old 12-11-2010, 10:31 AM

clevelandcollector,, can you read? or do you like twisting my words? where do i say im for the republican party? also you say, "She's also right that organizational meetings aren't really the public's business." thats different than what she said. her words were, "Leadership is not the public's business," lastly, im sorry you have to revert to name calling, but i must add this. if you met me on the street ,this "schoolgirl" just might embarrass you by knocking your head open so i can sheet down your throat.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:41 AM

Well, taken in context, that's what her statement meant. You see, those who aren't ignorant to the way these processes work understand that it is quite typical for elected council candidates to align leadership votes. That's the "leadership" that really is not the public's business, it's the elected council's business. The only people who are pissed about this meeting or the statments made are the ignorant and/or partisan, sour-grape sucking loudmouths (like 90% of the PD editorialists) who are simply feigning outrage over this because it looks less childish than whining about getting their collective butts kicked in the election that they so longed for. So, what it boils down to, Mr. Internet tough guy, is: Which one are you? Ignorant or blindly partisan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland