Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:57 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,901,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeababy View Post
Cleveland is filled with negative people because a lot of them never had the chance to leave and go elsewhere. So they take on this midwestern psyche where they believe "the grass is always greener" on one of the other coasts.

If you want to know why cleveland is so great, ask someone who CAME BACK, and why.

If more clevelanders had the opportunity to leave their town, they'd learn why they actually have it made here. they have no idea
Great post. People have no idea about what else is out there. It really is that whole "the grass is greener" mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 08:36 PM

708 posts, read 1,815,332 times
I have said this over and over...People think the grass is always greener some place else...I call it, "out of towners infactuation", lol....cause that's all it is...It might last for a month, it might last for years..But there is always something deep inside that says, "I want to go back home where I came from"....

Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,901,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa12230 View Post
I have said this over and over...People think the grass is always greener some place else...I call it, "out of towners infactuation", lol....cause that's all it is...It might last for a month, it might last for years..But there is always something deep inside that says, "I want to go back home where I came from"....
I can't rep you anymore... damnit!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
I can't rep you anymore... damnit!
lol!!!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 AM

458 posts, read 1,223,302 times
You are getting quite the "rep" around here Lisa (pun intended)

Oh, and I would rep you too but I can't either

Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flee to the Cleve View Post
You are getting quite the "rep" around here Lisa (pun intended)

Oh, and I would rep you too but I can't either

lmbo!!! you're too cute,

Old 01-09-2011, 02:29 PM

192 posts, read 492,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa12230 View Post
Much more friendlier people..More diverse people, much better opportunity for my children to get a good education, My family is there, much more historic, much much better food, and with all the projects going on, better opportunity for jobs.....Cleveland is a very positive place...Now if you're a positive person, you can make the best out of any place you go...I did so here is washington state...I'm a very positive person and can't wait to get back to cleveland where there are many more people like me...I like washington state dispite some of it's negitive people, but cleveland is my home for 35 years and i love it

interesting answer :-)

an I like the bit about "if you're a positive person, you can make the best out of any place you go..." I'e thought this time and time again about a few unhappy people in my life :-D

Old 01-09-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeababy View Post
interesting answer :-)

an I like the bit about "if you're a positive person, you can make the best out of any place you go..." I'e thought this time and time again about a few unhappy people in my life :-D
thank you

Old 01-09-2011, 03:12 PM

8 posts, read 15,210 times
I think the negativity comes from people who really never left. I was born and partially raised in Cleveland for the first 10 years of my life. I've been in Florida for 20 years now and I'll be moving back to Cleveland this summer and I'm very excited to come back to my home. I have family who lives in Cleveland still and has never left and are negative about the city. I still read the news websites on Cleveland and other websites about Cleveland. I'm still a fan of the Indians, Browns and the Cavs. I see videos, pictures and new developments going on all around Cleveland and wonder what the heck are these people talking about? Yea Cleveland does have its share of problems just like every other American city. I feel that Cleveland will be one of the top cities and destinations again in the future. People just need to think outside of the box and make it happen.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
I think the negativity comes from people who really never left. I was born and partially raised in Cleveland for the first 10 years of my life. I've been in Florida for 20 years now and I'll be moving back to Cleveland this summer and I'm very excited to come back to my home. I have family who lives in Cleveland still and has never left and are negative about the city. I still read the news websites on Cleveland and other websites about Cleveland. I'm still a fan of the Indians, Browns and the Cavs. I see videos, pictures and new developments going on all around Cleveland and wonder what the heck are these people talking about? Yea Cleveland does have its share of problems just like every other American city. I feel that Cleveland will be one of the top cities and destinations again in the future. People just need to think outside of the box and make it happen.

Yes you are right....Im excited about moving back as well...My family says they can't wait for us to come back..... ...Plus, I've added to the family with my two kids...Like you said, cleveland has its share of problems..but what city don't??? Im also excited about all the developments that's going on....fun fun fun

Last edited by lisa12230; 01-09-2011 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: mis spelled
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland