Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 07:35 AM

132 posts, read 356,313 times

Advertisements

Why is this? Everytime I read the paper online about something positive happening in Cleveland or something new bieng built there is at least ONE NEGATIVE PERSON trying to find the bad thing about the project.....Why cant people be happy positive things are happening in the city......(Also to those who will respond and say "well why don't you move to another city then?") Uhh because I still love and support my city and try to find positives unlike you so don't waste your time saying that...Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 09:09 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Why do you wish to be so negative about the people of Cleveland?

Old 12-24-2010, 09:12 AM

Because if u look at comments on Cleveland.com you will see the negativity and its terrible to see and you get tired off seeing it

Old 12-24-2010, 09:13 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,358 times
Red right 88, the drive, the shot, the fumble, Renteria up the middle, up 3-1 to Red Sox, game 5, then the decision. No championship since 1964 despite these 8 or more effed up things are why Clevelanders are so negative. That and being the butt of every joke in history since the river caught on fire. Then jobs leaving all the time, corruption scandal after corruption scandal, racial tensions that whites can't talk about because they get laughed at, combined with just some downright $h!tty weather year round really doesn't brighten anyone's damn day. I could go on forever. Oh it also doesn't help that the major new employer (Cleveland Clinic) is downright brutal to work for, and located in the middle the hood, so everyone has a horribly long commute.

One championship would change all this though, believe me when I say it.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:16 AM

389 posts, read 803,959 times
Cleveland people are generally a little on the negative side. They just need a new success to get behind.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Red right 88, the drive, the shot, the fumble, Renteria up the middle, up 3-1 to Red Sox, game 5, then the decision. No championship since 1964 despite these 8 or more effed up things are why Clevelanders are so negative. That and being the butt of every joke in history since the river caught on fire. Then jobs leaving all the time, corruption scandal after corruption scandal, racial tensions that whites can't talk about because they get laughed at, combined with just some downright $h!tty weather year round really doesn't brighten anyone's damn day. I could go on forever. Oh it also doesn't help that the major new employer (Cleveland Clinic) is downright brutal to work for, and located in the middle the hood, so everyone has a horribly long commute.

One championship would change all this though, believe me when I say it.
I'm talking about when positive things happen people try to find the negative in it....in a city where a lot of bad things have happened why would you try and bring down projects that are bieng done to uplift the city

Old 12-24-2010, 10:10 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,273,263 times
Cleveland Clinic is not "in the middle of the hood."

I don't know why Clevelanders are so negative. Funny thing is that I constantly hear stories of outsiders moving here and loving the city, and then being shocked when they find out how negative we are.

Despite our negativity, it also seems true that most still have a deep passion and love for this town.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:51 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,181,497 times
If I move to Cleveland I'm going to try my best to bring some positivity to the city, because I won't be able to stand it for too long if all I hear is negative attitude. Often times, when you're at/near the bottom (so to speak) it's difficult to see positives in anything, but if you only knew how bright the future looked you wouldn't be so negative. You can only go UP from here, so the future is bright for Cleveland, but attitude can and will impact how long it takes to happen.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:20 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,414,681 times
Real Clevelanders aren't nearly as negative as some of the people you find on C-D and Cleveland.com.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:26 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Real Clevelanders aren't nearly as negative as some of the people you find on C-D and Cleveland.com.
I have to agree with that!!!! Most of the Clevelanders are not negitive...I lived there for 35 years, returning later this summer..I have seen more negitive people here in Washington/Idaho then I have ever seen in Cleveland...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland